It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Way Above" & "Ignore" buttons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   
OK folks....................I give up. I have looked through the site tutorial, but can not find how to place Way Above and Ignore buttons below my posting photo.

Advice please

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Billy, its easy. The Way Above and Ignore are placed by the system. You cannot vote your self for a Way Above, only your peers can. Likewise with ignore. You can't ignore yourself.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:31 AM
link   
The Way Above button on another user's mini-profile is used to vote for a poster whom you believe to have gone "way above" in contributing quality posts/information to ATS. You are allowed to vote, each month, for up to three members for the Way Above award. At the beginning of each new month, the Way Above winner is announced for the previous month and has a special medallion that appears in their mini-profile for one month. You will note that you do not see the button on your own mini-profile, because you can't vote for yourself.

The ignore button on another user's mini-profile helps you find your happy place if, by chance, that member (for whatever reason) starts sucking all the happy out of your ATS experience. If you click the ignore button you will no longer be able to see any posts by that member. They just become a whisper in the dark...
You will note that you do not see the button on your own mini-profile, because, I'm sad to report, you can't ignore yourself...which sometimes, I think certain members wish they could.

hope that helps!

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Do you mean below your avatar on the left hand side?

If you do, you can't see those buttons but others can. No need to worry.

JAK

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
The ignore button on another user's mini-profile helps you find your happy place...

LMFAO
Almost got a 'Way Above' for that Valhall, I say almost because now I have people giving me funny looks for suddenly bursting out laughing amidst total silence.

Jack

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Thanks for that everyone. So you can all see these buttons below my photo then?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillyTheCat
Thanks for that everyone. So you can all see these buttons below my photo then?

Yes we can.
I also suspect they have been used frequently as well (the bottom one).

JAK

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Here Billy:

Jack

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
You can't ignore yourself.

I beg to differ. I can be really annoying sometimes.

top topics

join