It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The single most important issue in ufology.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FormerSkeptic

ok just for you i made a thread!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Question for you others who feel very serious toward this issue:

Do you all think, as I do, that cliqueishness, (memories of high school) is a really big problem in ufology? Which prevents forward progress. How many times do we have to hear ufological/paranormal internet broadcast and ufo conference overlords rehash and rehash and rehash and rehash for example, Rendlesham, Travis Walton, Rendlesham, Travis Walton, Rendlesham, Travis Walton............
Granted, those are good cases, but a million more even gooder cases are being snubbed. I myself have a military/ufo incident/story with hard documentation. About a year ago, I wrote to some conference organizers and asked, why don't you invite (and vet all you want) those of us as yet largely unknown, "instead of the same old same old", and they don't answer me back.
In ufology, you are In or Out. F--- that.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkuzzleButt

ok just for you i made a thread!

Don't do it just for me. Do it for yourself and for others to enjoy! Always!

But you didn't link back to it. I might comment on it later.

edit on 31-12-2012 by FormerSkeptic because: fixed link

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tearman
. All the interesting stuff seems to happen when no one has a video camera handy.

Which gets us back to Jung who wrote that the phenomenon cannot be photographed for the most part.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

-Dislikes mystery and uncertainty, and insist that all unknown phenomena must have a mundane explanation.

For myself I love mystery and the paranormal.

Unfortunately, I've come to the conclusion that there is no Conspiracy and almost all phenomena has a mundane explanation.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FormerSkeptic

, then there are the idiots who are not even compensated for their efforts in mockery.

edit on 31-12-2012 by FormerSkeptic because: (no reason given)

Not a reference to the "paid shill" canard I hope. That in and of itself is a big problem with online Ufology and actually results in stifling discussion as much as ridicule of those who think they have seen UFOs.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

You are right about the Clique that has developed as far as self proclaimed Leaders of the UFO Community. I personally have never associated with these people but I am aware of their actions as well as how they are dictating the way that a person who wishes to report or enguage in anything that is a possible E.T.

In my opinion their entire structure as well as their position upon how they document and record possible sightings and other E.T. related events or visual UFO sightings is self defeating.

First of all...if they would stop wasting their time in an effort to either get some form of proof or disclosure from various Military or Governmental officials and instead take the position that the existence of E.T. is a REALITY as the massive amount of evidence so proves then they could stop wasting time looking for Official approval and instead go about documenting possible contact.

The current policy of these groups reminds one of Oliver Twist looking longingly into the eyes of those who are aware of the reality of E.T. holding a recording device rather than a bowl and asking..."May I have some more?" As the Military/Government/Intelligence Official laughs out loud saying to one another..."He want's some more!"

These groups need to grow a pair and take the position that they no longer will waste time seeking aproval of their beliefs but rather they know the reality and it is the Government/Military's problem if they don't like it.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CrashRetrieval

If anyone thinks that Ufology is in a depressing state then it's quite simple, you haven't been researching enough and are missing some large chunks of information. It's all out there

edit on 1-1-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

We live in an age where everyone has smart phones and 'could' video an alien space craft with ease, if they actually existed.

Where are these pictures of alien space crafts? Why do we only ever get lights in the sky or 'reports'.

I want to believe in aliens, but there isn't any tangible evidence, so I can't

Why would the governments of every single country even need to cover it up. The church, sure, but what the # do the governments of hundreds of different nations care?

There might be aliens out there, but unlike you, I'm not going to convince myself hearsay or scooby doo parlour tricks.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I searched but couldn't find what is your proposed single most important issue in ufology.

To me the single most important issue in ufology, is the general governmental silence even active suppression of information and subversion of any attempt to properly study the phenomena world wide.

We have had some openings of archives and a few governmental figures across the globe making very serious comments and remarks but the defining silences and criminal inactivity in the field, not mentioning the efforts to discredit the issue seems extremely worrying to me, to a point that it surpasses any requirement to have any real evidence to accept the phenomena as a civil security matter. People have died and a multitude suffers due to this silence and a lot more are victims or seen as of psychosis due to the improper handling of this sort of thing.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

edit on 1-1-2013 by SkuzzleButt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I think if you look at it in a larger perspective, we have a part of society/government that feels that informing the world about the existence of aliens would cause global chaos. Another part feels that informing the world would unite society. The fact that our government does not inform us can be because the elite in charge believe it would cause chaos and are weighing the effects of disclosure/proof, gradually letting proof seep into society for the eventual full disclosure, or the truth is that aliens do not exist. If they truly want to unite the world as one you would think disclosure of aliens would go a long way to achieving that goal. Stripping society of religion in one fell swoop is a bit risky atm though. 5 billion people believe in God in one form or another. Solid proof of aliens is fraught with danger, it is also possibly the best thing that could happen to the world as a whole in the long run. If aliens exist, these are the issues being argued as far as disclosure of such.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Thank you very much Split, for having my back on that'un. You made a good point which reminded me of a realization awhile back.
It's like ufology is in a state of Stockholm Syndrome. They decry the deepblack intel community PTB, but when one comes out and makes the rounds, people cannot get enough of him! I'm speaking of those with some modicum of authority, as opposed to someone without it. I --well-- recall quite harsh remarks by some, from fringey quarters, against for example, Gary McKinnon, a few years back. To me, he is a hero. As is Bradley Manning and Bob Lazar. Heros.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers

We live in an age where everyone has smart phones and 'could' video an alien space craft with ease, if they actually existed.

Where are these pictures of alien space crafts? Why do we only ever get lights in the sky or 'reports'.

I want to believe in aliens, but there isn't any tangible evidence, so I can't

Why would the governments of every single country even need to cover it up. The church, sure, but what the # do the governments of hundreds of different nations care?

There might be aliens out there, but unlike you, I'm not going to convince myself hearsay or scooby doo parlour tricks.

So here you're a condescending, mocking, cynical disbeliever yet you show yourself now to be quite ignorant.

How often have you, in your busy life, looked up in the sky waiting for something for no reason? Maybe you don't have a busy life, but just imagine any typical town or city or even outdoors picnic party. People are TALKING and TEXTING on their smart phones, heads down, not paying attention to anything — instead of waiting for UFOs.

And you can't figure out why the evidence is not perfect?!

Then you think EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY is covering it up?! Have you been living under a rock or something? Do yourself a favor and pull your head out from deep inside your own *** to look at the mountain of evidence recently released by all the European countries! And there's more scheduled to come. It's not my burden or responsibility to educate the closed-minded idiots. And yes, you deserve all the name calling, yabba scooby dum dum!

It's one thing to be handsomely paid for misinformation, quite another to jump in for the joy of mockery, but then there are people like you.

edit on 1-1-2013 by FormerSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Got any evidence for me yet?

Or just more insults?

Do you really want to believe or do you work for someone who's paying you to try and make me believe?

If it's the latter, can you ask your boss to give me a job, I'd be much better at it than you x

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
There is more circumstantial evidence to prove the existence of intelligent ET life than there is to prove the existence of a God and yet more people believe in God than believe in intelligent ET life forms.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

It only takes 1 flying saucer to be real.

It would make more sense for deniers to admit that has already happened than to say EVERYONE has been lying for 50 years.

Flying saucers are not a secret. WHAT they are doing is a secret. THAT is what we need to know. Judging by the thousands of reports, they are studying us. They are probably still studying everything else too. We only hear about cattle and sasquatch. But you can bet your monitor that they are studying all the flora and fauna that comes with us.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Does every Hitler story start with Poland?
No.

I too grow tired of the same thing over and over. It seems like all the UFO docs have to start from the start and go over all the well known casess, like each doc is made for a beginner. Get over it. That is history. You don't have to keep describing the wheel every time you do a show on cars.

Every UFO doc should start with the obvious.
THEY ARE HERE. The military knows about it.
Get down to the specifics and get on with it.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I am one that knows for a 100% Certainty that various races of E.T. exist as well as are known by a U.S. based Agency that is responsible for all and anything that is E.T. This Agency has a very important purpose although some here may believe it is criminal in it's nature.

This Agencies responsibility is to prevent the World's general population from going into a state of panic...which they would...if complete and total disclosure of the existence of E.T.'s were to be known. People are not ready...not even close.

Those who know different should understand this Agencies responsibility and understand just how important it is to keep the existence of Alien Races secret. Those in the know should also understand just how far such an Agency will go to keep this a secret.

If you know then there is little harm in discussing it or contemplating what it means but for those who are stupid enough to camp outside the gates of Wright Patterson AFB or the Groom Lake Facility...what people who do such things get is of their own making.

Although I am a strong advocate of our Constitutional Rights I have no issue in the use of Secrecy for programs that are being or have been developed by using Ultra-Advanced forms of Tech. Such programs exist for the purpose of keeping the people of the United States safe and given the small but existing possibility of the release of Nuclear Weapons...such programs definity have a use.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I would like to see more eyewitness testimony documented on video. I don't care for computer-animated renderings of what eye-witnesses have said, nor do I care for hearing some ufologist telling me what the eyewitnesses said. I want to see the interviews myself.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join