It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fiscal Cliff Avoided

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Um, aren't they supposed to post the bill 72 hours before signing?

Wasn't this one of the things Obama promised us?

ETA; 5 days to view the bill before signing.

edit on 31-12-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Aren't you all sick of these useless bitches!!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beezer, obama is a liar. The truth is not found in him. He is a liar just as is his father, the father of all liars. The only truthful statement I ever heard from this pile of feces was "America was a great country, I intend to change that" and so he has. The republic is dead.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Given how they only worked on this a few days at best either leads me to believe it wasn't thought out and they sent through whatever sounded good or this whole thing was big show.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
reply to post by beezzer

Beezer, obama is a liar. The truth is not found in him. He is a liar just as is his father, the father of all liars. The only truthful statement I ever heard from this pile of feces was "America was a great country, I intend to change that" and so he has. The republic is dead.

Right now I'm vacillating between returning to America or becoming an expat.

Dunno what I'll do just yet.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I must disagree wrabbit. This was a very bad move for us. The shared sacrifice will fall, as always, on the middle class; what remains of it. Washington already takes too much money. CUT SPENDING.

You know, looking deep inside, I can't debate you in good faith on this. I just can't. You are correct in that the best thing is to just get this dance start and the collapse happen so we get through it all the sooner to rebuilding.

If I'm to be completely honest, I'm just not ready to let go and see all this crash in a real way. Heck... I'm still in some shock I guess, at some level, that it's really come to this and this is all really happening. Sometimes I still think I'll wake and it'll all be a dream back to 98 or 99 or something. God knows, no one in 1998 could have been told what 2013 would be in realities of daily life and considered it anything but the ravings of a mad man fit for a rubber room. Yet, it's no dream..is it? We're here alright.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Not a dream my friend. A nightmare of epic proportions.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
how nice of them to try and fix a 200 year streak of sinking your hard work and finances....

Well i suppose they could have just ignored it and carried on, so well, theres that i guess

I hope USA pulls itself out, so many educated professionals and hard working average men and women - bout time they were cut a break buy the string pullers.

Still i notice the banks are as usual doing nothing but eating cake. well every little helps.
edit on 31-12-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by forgetmenot
I don't really have anything to back this up, but I had a feeling this would be avoided. I don't know why, and I'm admittedly ignorant as to the scope of it all (economics isn't my "bag"), but it all just seemed like another parade or distraction. I don't mean to downplay the situation, things are tough all over. It just seems to me that this was just to keep us worked up.

If anyone has any links about this whole situation, I'd appreciate it I would like to do away with that ignorance I mentioned before.
edit on 31-12-2012 by forgetmenot because: (no reason given)

I would say you are among the least ignorant on the subject of the "Fiscal Cliff". Not only was it a great big distraction, but as usual, you get a little bit more indebted to the government. Don't you love how the two so-called opposing parties ALWAYS come together when it comes to putting ourselves and great-grandkids in deeper and deeper debt.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Rand Paul just said there is new spending in the bill and he's voting against it.

NEW spending

More stimulus .... :shk:

The PEOPLE need to have money to stimulate the economy, not the government ...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Considering it's New Years Eve, I would think law makers sitting around getting s**t faced, would pass anything. Maybe it's the only way to get both parties to compromise. Get them liquored up, before voting on anything.

By the way, Happy New Year all you ATS'ers...hicup.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Considering it's New Years Eve, I would think law makers sitting around getting s**t faced, would pass anything. Maybe it's the only way to get both parties to compromise. Get them liquored up, before voting on anything.

By the way, Happy New Year all you ATS'ers...hicup.

Whether they're drunk or sober, it would seem gridlock would
have helped everybody wake up after another giant dysfunction was
allowed to surface. This debt damage control is getting away from
them, and even the media are losing the info war against more
all the time sucking the wilted lettuce of reality, and less per hour.
Habby Noob Beer too urpl lol

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Um, aren't they supposed to post the bill 72 hours before signing?

Wasn't this one of the things Obama promised us?

ETA; 5 days to view the bill before signing.

I believe that's because all that has been reached is a tentative deal .. it has to pass the house and senate before it comes to him to be passed as a bill.. that tentative agreement, last I heard just an hour or so ago.. So it still has to go up for vote before Obama gets it ..

As for the sequestering issue mentioned.. no, a bill WILL NOT pass in time to avoid the default tax increases and spending cuts that are due to kick in .. but they will only be in effect for a couple of days at therefore aren't expected to have any real impact on the economy.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Who says that the Fiscal Cliff has been avoided?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Obama said the Republicans caved on the issue of higher taxes for the wealthy which was a major sticking point.
They still haven't published or voted on the details, but at least a measure extending unemployment benefits should pass fairly easily with the agreement on higher taxes.

Doubt the Democrats would risk adding a lot of new spending in this first round, they will have to wait for the new congress for that.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cauliflower

reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Obama said the Republicans caved on the issue of higher taxes for the wealthy which was a major sticking point.
They still haven't published or voted on the details, but at least a measure extending unemployment benefits should pass fairly easily with the agreement on higher taxes.

Doubt the Democrats would risk adding a lot of new spending in this first round, they will have to wait for the new congress for that.

Its passed midnight there has been no vote on the supposed deal. The house claimed that the vote will supposedly tomorrow.

I still see America heading into a cliff.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Even with new taxes coming in, all that means is MORE spending.
These idiots in Washington could not manage a little league softball team.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by avatar01
The petulant wings of government (Republican and Democrat) have gotten together in harmony to set aside their differences and realize their overarching common interests. taking more of your money.

Source: Sen. McConnell says Lawmakers reached agreement on all tax issues

lol, what a gyp' this has all the hallmarks of a movie, building up with ..dare i say it a "CLIFF HANGER" LOL, then they all get together in harmony and save america from the the fiscal cliff. the only thing missing is Bruce Willis some explosions, profanity

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLAYERONE01
lol, what a gyp' this has all the hallmarks of a movie, building up with ..dare i say it a "CLIFF HANGER" LOL, then they all get together in harmony and save america from the the fiscal cliff. the only thing missing is Bruce Willis some explosions, profanity

Yeah, they make it sound so scary by using the term "cliff", but really it is just tax cuts for the federal government. Not surprising that the government decided it was a good idea for the government to have more money.

This movie will explain everything:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by avatar01

More Like fiscal cliff postponed.......but it is inevitable

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join