It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Captures Video Of Strange Explosion In The Sky

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
At first it was an Interesting thread , Then baam! Awesome - Mr phage nailed it, in most simplest way ! um...Has slayer been [color=grey]chickened out?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SOLIDSNAKE101

I agree with someone else who suggested he may be a bit tuckered out, if you follow.

Its alright though. Its New Year's Eve. We are allowed our indulgences. Doesn't make much difference. Slayer is one of the best authors on this site.

Its all good!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ikonoklast

Man Captures Video Of Strange Explosion In The Sky

sacramento.cbslocal.com

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento man scanning the night sky caught a sudden burst of light through his telescope. He recorded that strange sight with his smart phone...

“...I saw another object orbiting this — whatever it was up there...,” said Prychodzko.

...then returned to shoot a second video clip...

“As soon as I put the camera to the telescope it just blew up and I didn’t know what to say,” he told CBS13.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Thank you for the posting of this event!!
In all honesty, it is a very strange occurence. As far as I can tell, and I've tried to do some additional research, no official agency (Government(s), Private, Public) have come forward to explain what this was. Fact!

All we have is conjecture, speculation.....and a pretty darn interesting video. That's all we have. I am not going to conjecture what it was, because I can honestly say I have no idea. But it is interesting, and certainly one of the most 'UNcommon' film/video shown of late.

The only credible comment apparently comes from Stephen Moran, PHD, author of Astrophysics for Dummies. He simply replies "I don't recognize this explosion as an astronomical phenomena"!

That's all we got from any 'credible' source, which basically tells us nothing about the event.

Bottom line, something, unusual happened, and it has not been explained. Dr. Moran's statement is excluded because it explains nothing, just his opinion of what it 'might' not be. Okay horse has been beaten to death!!!

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes, Phage, remarkably similar. I cannot argue with the comparison. Seems logical. However, we really don't know - is all I am saying!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

Look back to the last page. Phage was diligent enough to track down the station that launched the balloon in question. I made a suggestion...someone could simply email the weather station in question and include a link to the fine journalism we see present in the OP. Ask them yourself if that is there balloon.

Look at it this way - you can be the one that debunks the debunk and confirm this as an anomylous event.

I'd do it myself, but I am sorta guaging this as a Social Experiment at this point...

***Their balloon! Jesus
edit on 31-12-2012 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItDepends
reply to post by Phage

Yes, Phage, remarkably similar. I cannot argue with the comparison. Seems logical. However, we really don't know - is all I am saying!

Like you don't really know it's a bus unless it runs you over?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
its an intergalactic multiversal hybrid crossbred genetically engineered fused with technology its like they fuse themselves with bio-metal from battlezone as well as being an imaginary object!
i dont know.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

It looks like a duck, it quacks like a duck.....But this is ATS, so it's chupacabras!

edit on 31-12-2012 by squarehead666 because: s&p/clarity

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
CLASSIC example of how witness accounts (wishful thinking, fantasy, ignorance, unprofessional approach to observation etc., wild conclusions/claims about what was seen ) PLUS lazy, bad, sensationalist media coverage are responsible for the stigma the entire "UFO" subject has today. CLASSIC!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Phage

We have a "skeptic" already showing proof that a balloon was launched at that day, drifting in this general direction.

We have another "skeptic" (one who is familiar with tracking and capturing satellites and using a telescope) saying "he immediately recognized it as an exploding balloon" by seeing the footage based on his own, first-hand experience.

Any OTHER explanation is just grasping for straws since the evidence that it was indeed a balloon is overwhelming.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

It appears he filmed a meteorite heading directly at him. It had an orbiting fragment and the two exploded in the atmosphere.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Okay, if you say so. Although I don't like to take this route, I am agnostic on this 'evidence'. Surely an acceptable opinion, huh?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Now see...this is where we will go at odds. I am a 'believer'. Yet my first impression was intrigued skepticism. Why was I skeptical? Because the 'astronomer' that filmed this referred to it as a planet, during this Emmy Award Worthy Broadcast.

The fact that I could see this object against a blue background told me, WITHOUT A DOUBT, that this was no Planet or satellite. Like IMMEDIATELY.

Tell me again how this is a classic example of how all UFO reports are all faulty because of the unreliability of eye witness reports. Please.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Got to go with the egos,oh ,I mean balloons.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Okay, if you say so. Although I don't like to take this route, I am agnostic on this 'evidence'. Surely an acceptable opinion, huh?

I think it nearly fits into being beyond a reasonable doubt that this is a balloon.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

I think it nearly fits into being beyond a reasonable doubt that this is a balloon.

Okay, I really can't say, but, you make a good point - "beyond a reasonable doubt" is certainly an acceptable assumption. No arguement from me!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for your input Phage (and everyone else too). I think you probably nailed it, Phage. I had a feeling it would get figured out here on ATS.

So the explosion looks a lot like the videos of weather balloons exploding. And the orb circling and seeming to approach it looks a lot like the tethered radiosondes if the tether wasn't visible at that video resolution. And we've found out weather balloons are launched from Oakland twice a day and the weather and wind fit one being visible from Sacramento at that time. We even have a link to the data that probably came from the weather balloon. Sounds to me like this is probably the most likely explanation.

Aliens exploding Nibiru would have been fun though.

Off-topic PS: Slayer, I agree with you that archaeologists ought to listen to geologists' expert opinions on the Sphinx, too.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
for all of 2013
i will worship phage as my new god
the guy is spot on all the time

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Well, looks like the bursting weather balloon video of Phage's. But what was that thing going around it? Maybe a deranged bigbird or a fire breathing dragon? Rudolf on a road rage trip?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join