It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Captures Video Of Strange Explosion In The Sky

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That's it, I made you a badge...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I was hoping you would show up, Phage.

The weather balloon explosion in the second video you posted and in the beginning of the first video you posted do look a lot like the video in the CBS news video. Just a couple questions:

1. In the first video you posted, there was initially an explosion that looked similar, then a relatively empty sky. But then lots more objects that were not exploding. What the heck were the rest of the objects in the first video you posted?

2. In the second video you posted, it looked like there was probably an instrument package tethered to the balloon and moving somewhat actively around it, maybe in the wind. It moved somewhat like the smaller "object" that appeared to orbit or circle in on the larger object in the CBS video. The difference was largely that a tether was visible in the weather balloon video but not in the CBS video. Do you think that this was what was going on in the CBS video, but the tether just wasn't as visible, or what?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Ohhh Jesus, douchebaggery at its finest.
Watching those "journalists" made my skin crawl.
I just want to smack that smug smartass grin right off their faces.

"Aliens" teee heee.

*SNIP*
As another poster pointed out,
this routine got old a long time ago.
You are no longer going to convince people that there is nothing to see here by your sarcastic, smug, ridicule laden, bull#, oneliners.

Poeple are seeing thru that crap now.
I would just love to see the crap they come up with when an alien craft lands in the rose garden or in the middle of times square and their bosses give the orders to run a ridicule piece on it.

"Hey Gloria, Seems there is some sort of unexplained craft landing on the White House Lawn. Locals say they don't know what it is. We contacted the local Police Chief and he said his men were awaiting orders from the FBI. When contacted, FBI spokesman Douchy McDoucherton said they were unsure at this time what the object could be.

Haaa, Chuckle, Maybe little green men from Mars hu Gloria"?

"yeah Richard, maybe they came to pick some Roses from the Rose Garden for Valentines Day....snicker chuckle"

"Chuckle snicker....Yeah Gloria, even Martians know better than to come home empty handed on Valentines day.....giggle giggle".

SCREW you and everything you slimy bastards stand for!!!!!!!

Your time is almost up and you are going to be exposed for the A holes you always were.
edit on 31-12-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/31/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: Added a *SNIP* to a provocative implying statement

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

You missed the sarcasm.
If it was indeed a satellite,it would be moving across the sky at a good pace.
It's hard to track even with binoculars.

Hence,it is a stationary object.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
If it was indeed a satellite,it would be moving across the sky at a good pace.
It's hard to track even with binoculars.
Hence,it is a stationary object.

Agreed.
I wish more ATS users would go outside and "do" some astronomy.

And I also wish "newstertainment" shows would let us see the whole video, and not just slowed down, edited, still frame, zoomed versions.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'm slowing reading Sleepers big thread. I would suggest this is a UFO that was destroyed by Black Ops and/or the other side of ETs.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Phage gives a reasonable solution...now let the thread be bombarded with believers..declaring it to be alien and yada yada...because they lack common sense and rational thought..

Already screwed has decided there is something nefarious going on...

edit on 31-12-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

I only pointed out that these people treat every unexplained ariel phenomenon exactly the same way.
They INSIST on somehow tieing "Aliens" to everything not understood in the same smart ass smug sarcastic way.
It is called ridicule and it has worked for a very long time.
You are doing it now as well.

It is the single best weapon for keeping people from asking too many questions.

We have people on ATS, and we all know his name, who also treats ALL

ariel phenomenon the same way EVERYTIME!

Picking and choosing which side of the argument/evidence to acknowlege and which to ignore and no one ever calls attention to it.

I have no stance one way or the other.
It is called.......HAVING AND OPEN MIND!
I am OPEN to ALL information.

Can others say the same???

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by kerazeesicko

I only pointed out that these people treat every unexplained ariel phenomenon exactly the same way.
They INSIST on somehow tieing "Aliens" to everything not understood in the same smart ass smug sarcastic way.
It is called ridicule and it has worked for a very long time.
You are doing it now as well.

It is the single best weapon for keeping people from asking too many questions.

The best thing you can do is research the info and explore the possibilities .
Was it a satellite?
Doubtful.
Was it a weather balloon?
Plausible.

I have looked into astronomical events and have come up empty.

Your guess is as good as mine.
Peace,
K

+35 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

What the heck were the rest of the objects in the first video you posted?
Object. One. It seems to be the remains of the balloon and instrument pack as it descends.
Balloon's eye view.

Do you think that this was what was going on in the CBS video, but the tether just wasn't as visible, or what?
Yes. The line doesn't show up because of the quality of the video.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

It's always aliens. You should know this by now...

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigfootNZ
Sooo where is the vid then?

All we get is a single frame of the 'object' blowing up... which looking at it is exactly identical to a shooting star I saw break up in the night sky above a few years back.

Err so he tried selling the footage on Craigslist a week before taking it to the media, and they (CBS) got a second opinion from a Vatican expert... oh kay..
and im assuming the reason the CBS site hasnt got any of the video on it is because Mr Prychodzko wanted to keep all rights to it which would mean he still wants to sell it.

My verdict... guy was lucky enough to capture a meteor breaking up and threw a little glitter on the story, or someone did.

Unless we get to see the entire vid thats all id say we can think it was... or any other simple explanation.

edit on 31-12-2012 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

Meteor breaking up? The thing wasn't moving or hardly moving, and an "expert" astrophysicist said it didn't look like any known astronomical event, or in simpler terms, not a natural phenomenon..

If it was some simple thing being seen, one would expect even amateur astronomers to be able to discern it..

What was funny to me in the video, the guy he sent the video to didn't even understand what an astronomical event was..

Someone mentioned something impacting a satellite which looks like a better explanation, if it wasn't for the fact that the object wasn't even moving like a satellite..

The other object approaching it makes me suspect that it was shot at and destroyed... Rarely seen space wars happening anyone?

also, How often do weather balloons have a lighted object approach them and then the balloons blow up and turn into a big mass of confetti like material?

Not buying the exploding weather balloon theory either based on the other observations happening in the video, that seems pretty weak also..

edit on 31-12-2012 by alienreality because: added

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So Cody sent the video off to Dr. Stephen P Maran, who wrote the book Astronomy for Dummies. Dr. Maran responded by saying he didn’t recognize the “explosion” as a known astronomical phenomenon. “My personal opinion is that it is not an astronomical event,” he wrote.
One would think he would be somewhat familiar with weather balloon identification and characteristics.

CBS 4 also contacted a Vatican expert who said it could be some sort of light refraction.

So "wouldn't have a clue" & "Light refraction" are the two "expert" answers some 11 days after the film was shot - (assuming they saw the raw original video).

And he was courting Craiglist as well - that's quite a few people who were oblivious to your exploding weather balloon findings.

Are there any government / military / other sources available who can account for a lost weather balloon on the 20th December at 1705hrs due to an explosion?

+37 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

said it didn't look like any known astronomical event, or in simpler terms, not a natural phenomenon

In simpler terms, an atmospheric event.

+39 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

One would think he would be somewhat familiar with weather balloon identification and characteristics.
Why would an astronomer be familiar with what a bursting weather balloon looks like?

Are there any government / military / other sources available who can account for a lost weather balloon on the 20th December at 1705hrs due to an explosion?
Um. That's what happens to all weather balloons.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I happen to be watching "Good Day Sacramento"(CW-31) at the time Cody Stark (The News Anchor) said that he had some footage sent in. That particular segment included both through the lens video and away from the telescope footage.

Cody Stark then said that he had contacted NASA, The Vatican, NORAD and MUFON. His cohost asked what MUFON was and Cody explained that it was the Mutual UFO Network. He then continued that no one knew what this event was and he hoped others might step up if they had been watching the skies that particular night/morning.

I was quite intrigued by the footage and tried to contact Mr. Stark for possibly getting a hold of a 'good' digital copy for analysis. I also contacted the TV station a number of times asking the same.

So I was really pleased to then see the Mothership Station (Channel-13) re-air the segment (although with less footage). So perhaps my persistence (I called 6 times) and perhaps others may have prompted them to re-air the segment.

I'm still waiting for a reply from both News Stations on whether or not I can get a copy of the 'raw footage'.

Johnny

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Um. That's what happens to all weather balloons.
Except the one in Roswell.......that crashed.

Why would an astronomer be familiar with what a bursting weather balloon looks like?
Why not?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

said it didn't look like any known astronomical event, or in simpler terms, not a natural phenomenon

In simpler terms, an atmospheric event.

Yep, I thought of that too, but I'm not seeing it actually being what you think it is based on other things happening in the video, unless exploding weather balloons turn into a cloud of debris after being approached by some other lighted object, it could be, but I'm just not quite seeing that explanation as likely..
edit on 31-12-2012 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

+41 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

unless exploding weather balloons turn into a cloud of debris after being approached by some other lighted object
Weather balloons turn into a cloud of debris when they reach such an alitude that the expanding gas causes them to burst. The "other" object is the radiosonde swinging around beneath the balloon.

A weather balloon is launched daily from Oakland at about 4:00 PM. On the 20th the wind was mostly SW which would have carried the balloon to Sacramento.

edit on 12/31/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+40 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Except the one in Roswell.......that crashed.
Huh? What does that have to do with a bursting weather balloon?

Why not?
Because astronomers are not meteorologists. They don't have a lot of reason to know what a bursting weather balloon would look like.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join