It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Captures Video Of Strange Explosion In The Sky

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ooYODAoo

but i have nothing to prove to you or anyone else.

Actually you kind of do have something to prove.

For starters you say

you can already see this in the younger generation, and im only 24
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Yet you say

well...as a matter of fact i have been part of projects in the air force back in the mid 80's that involved real weather balloons.

What to do now?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

I knew he wasn't being truthful, too many contradictory posts and threads, good work

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Id like to know what type of telescope he was using along with all the equipment even the tripod and the lenses because if he was looking into deep space you wouldn't see a weather balloon very easily as it would move out of view almost instantly (like asteroids) because your so zoomed in you have less field of view and it would be near impossible to track it like that especially with a Iphone. (Less you have a bad ass telescope and equipment.)

But my guess is that he wasn't looking into deep space it looks like he was just scanning around because of the wide field of view but this also depends on the telescope and lens as they are all different in lots of way.

I also have a Iphone camera mount for my telescope and its not very easy to focus anything with it quickly even looking at the moon which is huge its a bitch to get it to focus. Iphone camera has to be in just the right spot to even be able to look though the eyepiece correctly especially to get full field of view which I have never been able to do yet on a Iphone half of it is always cutoff even with the Iphone mount.

He said he saw this then grabbed his Iphone and started to record and he didn't have to refocus? Bull#? How the hell is someone going to hold a Iphone incredibly still and focus it at the same time? Even putting on the Iphone camera mount takes time and shakes the telescope so you would have to find the spot again you were looking at and refocus. Just touching a telescope barely with you finger will shake the entire thing out of place in less you have a totally bad ass telescope which is way to expensive...

I think the object is to big to be a weather balloon in the first place...I know some of them are pretty large though. But the second smaller object...?

I'm also curious on where all the stars are there should be a few of them in the video in less hes looking into deep space then it makes sense but if this was close it makes no sense on why there are no stars.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kerafyrm
Id like to know what type of telescope he was using along with all the equipment even the tripod and the lenses because if he was looking into deep space you wouldn't see a weather balloon very easily as it would move out of view almost instantly (like asteroids) because your so zoomed in you have less field of view and it would be near impossible to track it like that especially with a Iphone.

Agreed, it's unlikely (near impossible, probably) for it to have been anything moving fast because of tracking and field of view, and because he allegedly stopped and made a phone call in the middle of it. I sent a message to the guy who allegedly shot the video asking about direction and magnification and for a link to the original unedited video if possible. That was yesterday, but I haven't heard back yet. If I do hear back from him, I'll post any additional pertinent details here. I also gave him a link to this discussion thread and told him others are wondering about this.

Originally posted by KerafyrmI think the object is to big to be a weather balloon in the first place...I know some of them are pretty large though. But the second smaller object...?

CBS said they blew up the video to make things more visible. If it was a weather balloon, then the smaller object(s) would have been the instruments tethered to the balloon with the tether not visible because of video resolution. There's been quite a bit of supporting evidence posted in this thread that seems to make this scenario the most likely explanation.

Originally posted by KerafyrmI'm also curious on where all the stars are there should be a few of them in the video in less hes looking into deep space then it makes sense but if this was close it makes no sense on why there are no stars.

According to CBS news, the video was allegedly shot at about 5:05 PM PST on December 20, 2012 in Sacramento, California. That would have been just a few minutes after sunset, which would explain why stars weren't visible and the sky wasn't very dark yet as well as why a weather balloon at about 20 miles altitude would reflect light. It also makes it unlikely he would have been seeing something in deep space.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kerafyrm
Id like to know what type of telescope he was using along with all the equipment even the tripod and the lenses because if he was looking into deep space you wouldn't see a weather balloon very easily as it would move out of view almost instantly (like asteroids) because your so zoomed in you have less field of view and it would be near impossible to track it like that especially with a Iphone. (Less you have a bad ass telescope and equipment.)

Have you ever observed a weather balloon telescopically before? That's what it looks like when it explodes. It doesn't move fast at all (neither do asteroids for that matter, though they're much harder to find in the eyepiece than a weather balloon). Weather balloons do not move out of the field of view almost instantly. I was able to follow one quite easily by hand without even having any power available to run my telescope's motors. It would be quite simple to do even with a cheap telescope.

I think the object is to big to be a weather balloon in the first place...I know some of them are pretty large though. But the second smaller object...?

The balloon's payload.

I'm also curious on where all the stars are there should be a few of them in the video in less hes looking into deep space then it makes sense but if this was close it makes no sense on why there are no stars.

What? Deep space views always have lots of stars visible, but deep space requires a long exposure which the iphone is not capable of. You can still see daylight in his image, it wasn't even dark outside, so there shouldn't be stars around the image of the balloon regardless.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It seems as if the North Korea satellite theory can be ruled out.

According to the satellite tracker it is still very much alive and well.

Track North Korea Satellite

I would have to agree that it looks very similar to the other video posted that shows a weather balloon exploding.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Congratulations!

This topic and thread has been chosen to be discussed by the ATS LIVE crew this Saturday night between 6-9pm pst (9-12 est), as part of this weeks exciting "Turbo Topics" segment.

We are running 256kbps through the ATS Player but we now run a 32kbps stream for those of you with slower connections and there are also options to listen via other players on our relay site at Illustrial Website. You can also connect to the low bandwidth stream by clicking here to listen to the ATSLive Radio Show on ShoutCast

For more information and past shows, be sure to check out the ATSLive Show Threads Here.

Hope you'll listen in to the show!
Johnny

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Got another email

I reviewed the video. It is very likely a weather balloon that burst.
The small dot "orbiting" the balloon was the radiosonde that was
attached below it with about 70 to 100 feet of string.

The weather balloon was likely released by the National Weather
Service (NWS) upper air station in Oakland, California, at about 3:00
PM local time.

Here is a video of a NWS weather balloon burst taken by a NWS
meteorologist through a telescope:

www.youtube.com...

Sincerely,

Upper Air Observations Program
NOAA National Weather Service Headquarters
United States Department of Commerce

from the youtube video:
Uploaded on Sep 20, 2008

To capture this video, I used a 114mm Meade newtonian reflector telescope (F=910mm) with a 25mm eyepiece, 2x Barlow lense, and a Sony Handicam (model DCR-SR40). I simply pressed the camera up to the eyepiece and held it in place with plastic tie straps.

I also used a trajectory forecast from the University of Wyoming to estimate the burst location.

weather.uwyo.edu...

You will need to determine the location of the balloon release for the calculator (most likely your local NWS office). Here is a site with more information.

www.ua.nws.noaa.gov...

You can load this flight profile into Google Earth. Just remember that the balloons are actually released one hour before the sounding time. So the 00z flight is released at 23z and the 12z flight at 11z.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I haven't seen good debunking like this since JPZ used to drop law knowledge. Good on ya, Phage.

P.S. I miss JPZ

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
By the explosion radius and the debris movement this is in space and it is huge. I was going with the satellite explosion but the lil orbiting thing just can't be explained away. Obviously it is not a "public" sat or we would have heard about it by now. Could be a weapon system being tested on debris, who knows. I have no idea if the glow on the main object can be seen as being a reflection from the sun. If this was filmed during the night, we can say it is not, and if not, what's that glow? Also, the theory about target practice on debris is a bit stupid since who would go and blow up something huge and create thousands of small potentially deadly pieces of debris in orbit (deadly to other sats, ISS, etc...). Something's fishy....

Andro

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Andromerius

It's actually a weather balloon exploding.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

Niburu is dead....YAY

Yeah the light refraction theory is just retarded. That is what an expert says? Well I guess we can trust him.....dumb ass.

Why not lie if your going to lie and not sound completely asinine? Say colliding space debris or something.

It is like the Chinese lantern theories or swap gas BS....Come on you idiot. It is not light refraction. That is just insulting. Makes it more interesting.
edit on 3-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

I have to say.....I think this is easily explainable. Note that we do not have video connecting the object in the first video with the exploded object in the second. That, to me, is telling. It just happened to explode in the moment he stopped recording? I find that suspicious. The first video looks to be to be the sun. Zoom in, record (without looking directly), and you could do that. The orbiting object could be a bird or bug, happening to fly in the line of sight from the camera to the sun. The second video looks like fireworks. I have taken a LOT of fireworks pics, and that spark effect (and the telling smoke near it) look very familiar. That could have been some lingering fireworks device, that has the sparks last longer. I hate to be a wet blanket here, but that's what I see in those videos.

Totally willing to listen to other possibilities, though. I don't want to be like some on that TV show, that find one possible explanation, and toss out everything else. I think mine is likely, but it isn't the only explanation out there.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

Originally posted by woogleuk
That was SG-1 folks........Bhal is no longer a threat to Earth, good job guys!

Stumped as to what it really is though, the first vid, I thought the sun, with reflections on the lens.....the second video?? Hmmm.....

Ha! Good one!

On a serious note, it very well might be our own secret manned space program run by the Navy. SG:1 makes it look like the Air Force would be in charge...nope, it's the Dept. of the Navy that has ships up there.

It happened at 5pm-ish on the 20th? Then it was already 12/21/2012 in New Zeland!

Ive seen what appear to be a satalite do a complete 90-degree right angle turn on a DIME. Moving at orbital speeds, that is some amazing technology to make a dramatic course correction like that.

I have no doubt we have more than a crappy space station up there

You know....II have seen some odd things, too. Couple of years ago (ish), during one of the meteor showers, we were watching an online stream from an observatory, because there was too much cloud cover to see anything where we live. Watching, more than once I saw what looked like stars in the background that seemed to change positions. I am talking noticeable movement. Not far, but definite. You could see it just by comparing the position of the surrounding stars. I have seen satellites before, looking like moving stars (though none with weird course corrections...that would be cool!), but I haven't heard of any shifting like that. Much less more than one, in the same area of vision, doing it. Once, though, WAY back (1983), I did see a star do that with my eyes. Stargazing one night, with a friend, and we both saw it. It seemed to move a small but decent amount (far more than haze could make it look like it moved), and that happened more than once that night. Never did know what to make of it.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
reply to post by ooYODAoo

but i have nothing to prove to you or anyone else.

Actually you kind of do have something to prove.

For starters you say

you can already see this in the younger generation, and im only 24
Yet you say

well...as a matter of fact i have been part of projects in the air force back in the mid 80's that involved real weather balloons.

What to do now?

man, can a MOD take points away from that guy for the flat out lies?

T & C violation much?

15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered from this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

Agreed...

I'm not big on following the T & Cs of anything, but that's weak sauce big time.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

It's actually a weather balloon exploding.

or a pocket of swamp gas

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
Got another email

PM local time.

www.youtube.com...

Sincerely,

from the youtube video:
Uploaded on Sep 20, 2008

To capture this video, I used a 114mm Meade newtonian reflector telescope (F=910mm) with a 25mm eyepiece, 2x Barlow lense, and a Sony Handicam (model DCR-SR40). I simply pressed the camera up to the eyepiece and held it in place with plastic tie straps.

I also used a trajectory forecast from the University of Wyoming to estimate the burst location.

weather.uwyo.edu...

You will need to determine the location of the balloon release for the calculator (most likely your local NWS office). Here is a site with more information.

www.ua.nws.noaa.gov...

You can load this flight profile into Google Earth. Just remember that the balloons are actually released one hour before the sounding time. So the 00z flight is released at 23z and the 12z flight at 11z.

great job...its pretty clear that this is without a doubt a weather balloon exploding. After watching the first video you posted its pretty obvious to what the object in question is. thanks!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dankojudd

Originally posted by Pauligirl
Got another email

PM local time.

www.youtube.com...

Sincerely,

from the youtube video:
Uploaded on Sep 20, 2008

weather.uwyo.edu...

www.ua.nws.noaa.gov...

great job...its pretty clear that this is without a doubt a weather balloon exploding. After watching the first video you posted its pretty obvious to what the object in question is. thanks!

Then please explain the orbiting thing around it.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Then please explain the orbiting thing around it.

Weather balloons turn into a cloud of debris when they reach such an alitude that the expanding gas causes them to burst. The "other" object is the radiosonde swinging around beneath the balloon.

View an example here www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join