It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Captures Video Of Strange Explosion In The Sky

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
That was pretty cool, it does look pretty close to the last two vids. I'm going with balloon. On another similar note, I was standing lookout watch on the USS Firebolt around 05 or 06, in the south of Iraq near the oil platforms and I saw a flash, almost like someone took a picture. It was late at night and very dark, I looked up and saw an explosion about the size of a half dollar (I give the coin as a reference in size due to distance). It wouldn't be out of the ordinary to see an explosion in war but it was pretty high up there because I did not hear a report from the explosion. My Officer of the Deck called up and asked if I saw a flash and I responded that I saw something explode high up. I think it was a meteor like the one that hit Tunguska. But it could have been anything.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mel357

Thank you! I am new at trying to embed videos, so I don't know if it worked or not. Let me know, ok?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

Thats insane! For anyone to try and debunk this would be ridiculous. Anything they say wether it be a weather ballon or meteor exploding would not make any sense because what about the object orbiting the 1st object?
I know what it is, and thats an intergalactic war is going on as we speak believe it or not but it's the truth
nevertheless good find op.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

It isn't my balloon, I work for the University of Wyoming.
It does look like a weather balloon from the National Weather Service. These are launched
from Oakland twice per day at around 3:30 Pacific Standard Time.
The balloon expands until it bursts at around 1000,000 feet.
It take about 2 hours for the balloon to rise to this altitude. The winds were from the
southwest on this day so the the timing and position are consistent with what was observed.
The radiosonde package is about the size of a box of tissues. It is attached to
a small chute and then to the balloon by a long sting. This would explain the
two small lights orbiting the larger balloon. At 100,000 the balloon and package
would still be illuminated by the sun at this time of day.

Great job of adding additional evidence supporting the weather balloon theory, thanks. I haven't heard back yet from my message to the guy who shot the video. I'm hoping to get a link to the unedited video and maybe some info about the direction and magnification level, but we'll see.

So far it seems like the weight of evidence strongly supports the exploding (bursting) weather balloon theory.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I think that is possibly a chinese wish lantern catching fire from it's own gelpack mid flight.

that's what it looks like to me.

it's tumbling. the smaller object is the gelpack.

just sayin.

edit on 1-1-2013 by angus1745 because: content

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Another smoking gun thats quick to be shoved under the ever growing buldge of a rug...I think if its of manmade origin it may be a satellite that got hit by something,other wise who knows what it could be...

I think it's kind of funny that you say it's another smoking gun.. followed by if "it's of manmade origin"...

People need to get out of this mindset. Just because there is an interesting / suspicious / curious explosion, light or other phenomena, it isn't instantly a "smoking gun." Not even rudimentary analysis has been done, and some of you are ready to proclaim this as alien in origin. Even if Phage or someone else has provided video proof of a VERY similar event. It's alien. And a smoking gun.

Hey.. I believe in the UFO phenomena. But use common sense. This, even if it isn't a balloon (which it probably is), is still most likely Terran in origin. Like... 99.999%. Or thereabouts.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthOnlee
reply to post by ikonoklast

Thats insane! For anyone to try and debunk this would be ridiculous. Anything they say wether it be a weather ballon or meteor exploding would not make any sense because what about the object orbiting the 1st object?
I know what it is, and thats an intergalactic war is going on as we speak believe it or not but it's the truth
nevertheless good find op.

You are a little late to the party, it was already debunked last year. Including the dangling sonde, the so called "orbiting object". The videos posted look 100% identical. Too lazy to go back and just watch the videos?
edit on 1-1-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Not feeling up to read through 16 pages, was it North Korea's satellite getting exploded?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Totally on board with the weather balloon explanation and have no disillusions otherwise, BUT,

I have a serious problem with the way this was handled. The News is supposed to report accurate information and while of course, they don't and spin and lie and everything involved with all that jazz, there's no reason for misinformation or blatant stupidity with a report like this.
Don't they have a meteorologist on staff that could have been consulted? Perhaps a college nearby? And why would they go to the Vatican (disturbing on so many levels) if they felt it was so big they needed an observatory? There is NASA after all, right? Or more local observatories?
And why laughingly support the possibility of aliens? On what level is that responsible reporting?
Surely they have a basic protocol of research when faced with this kind of claim since it's been going on for decades now and it's hardly a kitten in a tree that's being reported here. It's something that can scare people.
I'm just saying it should never have gotten this far in the first place without an adequate and definite explanation of what it really is.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigfootNZ
Sooo where is the vid then?

All we get is a single frame of the 'object' blowing up... which looking at it is exactly identical to a shooting star I saw break up in the night sky above a few years back.

Err so he tried selling the footage on Craigslist a week before taking it to the media, and they (CBS) got a second opinion from a Vatican expert... oh kay..
and im assuming the reason the CBS site hasnt got any of the video on it is because Mr Prychodzko wanted to keep all rights to it which would mean he still wants to sell it.

My verdict... guy was lucky enough to capture a meteor breaking up and threw a little glitter on the story, or someone did.

Unless we get to see the entire vid thats all id say we can think it was... or any other simple explanation.

edit on 31-12-2012 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

This is the most desperate attempt to debunk something I've ever seen. A meteor breaking up? Really? All this and you claim you've seen a meteor break up ... and you think this is anything similar? WOW!
edit on 1-1-2013 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It is an exploding weather balloon. Watch this video youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Anyone bother to check if Venus is still there? That explosion looked alot like what the Deathstar did to Aldaran in Star Wars episode 4.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by iamhobo
My first thought would be a satellite being impacted by debris (something manmade, space rock, etc)

Maybe North Korea's recently launched tumbling Satellite gave up the ghost with a little help from a "Friend"

That was my first thought after realizing it could not have been an EMP.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by Phage

How the hell do you know what to look for

Did you see it and go "Yep thats one of them exploding weather balloons"
Is there some atmospheric anomaly database you go through to look for the best match?

Serious question, be honest I wont tell anyone...

Are you an MIB?

Because his super computer is bigger then your home!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gottaknow

I have a serious problem with the way this was handled. The News is supposed to report accurate information and while of course, they don't and spin and lie and everything involved with all that jazz, there's no reason for misinformation or blatant stupidity with a report like this.

Cheez, you know how the news works?

It's a fricking business. You will see in the news what SELLS and brings more viewers or people buying papers. If anything, the "news" serves the purpose to simplify things to the "masses"....NOT the purpose to educate.

Do me a favor and look up any mainstream news reports about scientific findings, say, from the last Mars mission. You will only find shortened, simplified writings which sort of "summarize" REAL information in an easily digestive way so that average people "understand" (somewhat) what is going on while they eat dinner and watch TV.

The news will also look at a story and examine how well it would sell....dude sees an "explosion out of space"...hey cool! We can fit this in between ballgame scores and the weather report because we still have 2 minutes to fill for today. THIS is how news works. Do you think the one writing the news report or making the story has an obligation that its well researched and always "truthful"? That's not their job! Don't be a fool!
edit on 2-1-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thill

Originally posted by BSFC123
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

MIB is the only good explanation. Dude knows more about every subject scientifically than anyone I have ever come across. I asked what he did for a living one time and he ignored me, lol.

Which is fine. Don't pinpoint my location and destroy me, Phage.

Who said it has to be the same "dude" every time ?
Not hard to have multiple persons use one account if they are in the same location ... right
? Food for thought

He is in fact multiple persons. Didn't you guys never really notice?
edit on 2-1-2013 by LordAdef because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2013 by LordAdef because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by gottaknow
And why would they go to the Vatican (disturbing on so many levels) if they felt it was so big they needed an observatory?

We don't even know if they really contact the Vatican, as while they showed the answer from the astronomer they only said that they contacted a "Vatican expert" (whatever that may mean) who said that it was "some sort of light refraction".

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
In the clip, the moving objects seem to swing back and forth above the larger object.

The view through many telescopes shows the image upside down. If this telescope images in that manner then the moving object is indeed below, swinging back and forth.

The weather balloon explanation seems to fit.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

If this telescope images in that manner then the moving object is indeed below, swinging back and forth.

Good point but either way the orientation of the camera plays a role as well.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join