Limitless: Stock Market Can Be Predicted Using Equations

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Without going into too much detail: The stock market in general, individual sectors, and individual corporations can be predicted mathematically, through pattern recognition and the ability to mathematically describe the patterns. You must be able to mathematically describe the progression of wave-like patterns over time, and then you can predict the timing and significance/degree of high points and low points during rising and falling periods. If you can do this, there should really be no limit to the amount of success you can have.

Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Thoughts?

Did the smart people tell you ?

Or discovered by your skepticism ?

It is something unreal or they wouldn't tell all the people.

+ Pattern recognition works on natural events. humans have no pattern because they can choose.

It is not true or there should be some one who has been controlling all the events.

It is not practical in human actions.

Although there is someone who can control events , but it is not human.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well, I've developed a system and have been testing it on the entire market and individual corporations over various segments of time, up to 10 years. So far I've been able to get it to predict high/low points to the exact date, and have been able to predict quite nearly the dollar value to the rises and falls.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheJourney
Without going into too much detail: The stock market in general, individual sectors, and individual corporations can be predicted mathematically, through pattern recognition and the ability to mathematically describe the patterns. You must be able to mathematically describe the progression of wave-like patterns over time, and then you can predict the timing and significance/degree of high points and low points during rising and falling periods. If you can do this, there should really be no limit to the amount of success you can have.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are, if you don't want to go into detail, then this post is general knowledge.

Also, the way that high frequency trading is being used to manipulate stocks, there are things going on currently that cannot be predicted mathematically, because the high-speed computers are being used to screw people out of their money or their bids, bumping up or lowering the value of stocks within a split second by pennies.

Corruption and manipulation cannot be fit within the mathmatical mold. JMHO.

If you want to give more detail to bolster your position, I would be interested.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
there are already companies that do this, they basically have huge accounts and buy and sell stocks making like a penny on each share. Since they have so many shares making a penny becomes profitable. And since the stock market is all electronic now with buying and selling they can do this thousands of times a day. I think they said the big cost besides the people doing the algorithms, was they need the fastest internet possible, so they can be the first to buy or sell before the change happens. So to get that fastest internet costs a boat load. Might have changed a lil now on cost since internet speeds have changed in price some but i guess thats about it.

So yup, already happening

Forget where I watched a segment on TV about the companies doing this, but it is out there.
edit on 31-12-2012 by thegoods724 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Well, I've already been testing and confirming it's success...which is why I'm not really going to go into too deep of detail explaining how it works, lol. Just want a general discussion on the topic, and its implications
edit on 31-12-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Why you think stock traders are so close to the market center physically and spend an absolute fortune on reducing latency on transactions as that billionth of a second could mean a few million either way

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
well with all of the stock manipulation and corruption i find it hard that you could find any sort of pattern and if you did it can very easily be changed by all of the insider trading, ect. Which would lose you all of your money then you wouldn't feel so smart...

The stock market is a sham, its like the wizard of oz hiding behind the curtain, nothing to see here!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
As long as you spread out your investments wisely, low-risk, mid-risk, high-risk, etc, and time your buys/sells correctly, probability demonstrates that you should be highly successful most of the time, with gains severely outweighing losses
edit on 31-12-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Does your model take into consideration current events that can and do drive the markets (at least in the short term)? For instance, the fiscal cliff deal has really had an impact on the movement of the major indexes, and so has the crisis in Europe.

Since you haven't revealed any details about your findings, I can't help but be skeptical about the accuracy you say you have; if you are right, then that's great. But so many things can drive the markets, I don't see how that can work. From government intervention, to rumors and natural disasters, and rumors, the markets can take you for a wild ride.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wjones837
Does your model take into consideration current events that can and do drive the markets (at least in the short term)? For instance, the fiscal cliff deal has really had an impact on the movement of the major indexes, and so has the crisis in Europe.

Since you haven't revealed any details about your findings, I can't help but be skeptical about the accuracy you say you have; if you are right, then that's great. But so many things can drive the markets, I don't see how that can work. From government intervention, to rumors and natural disasters, and rumors, the markets can take you for a wild ride.

My equation, as it has been developed thus far, predicts the proportional time-frames of rises and falls in wave-like patterns over time, such as stock-market rates. Information such as you mentioned would have to be less formally applied, I suppose, for the time being.

top topics

join