Found myself coming here so decided to make an account....

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Also I've been reading about the Sandy Hook shooting and was going to make a topic but due to the restriction I can't.

I guess before I post that I should also ask if there is any type of consolidated compendium of facts or a summary relating to Sandy Hook. It's hard to research given there's so much information, and it's sort of difficult to syphon through everything.

The way the news media handled the whole thing was just odd. And it was weird how they reported a 2nd gunman at first, then there were 2-3 different accounts of someone being apprehended. Those are the ones I'm really curious about, have police released anything regarding who the others who were detained were (albeit momentarily assuming they were innocent).

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! I think you'll find it's an interesting place.

As for early media reports being incorrect, it often happens in breaking stories. Reporters are quick to try for the "scoop" and tend to report every rumor and tidbit they hear without substantiating everything.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Terms & Conditions Of Use
What are P F K W S

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by truthdoesntmakeanoise

Welcome to ATS!

I like your user name.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Welcome,

Re SH: Sandy hook is still raw in peoples minds and emotions are running high. People make very poor judgements when emotionally challenged and this can be played by those who wish to take advantage of such a tragedy.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Thanks for the kind words.

I found a compiled bit of info for the Sandy Hook Shooting:

www.brendanhunt.com...

Lots of good info in there and it's all collected in one place so it makes it a bit easier to sort through (I'm not affiliated in any way with this site, just stumbled across it while searching and found and am finding helpful).

The thing that grabbed me was the raw footage from the helicopter that shows police apprehending someone in the woods, then off in the corner you can see a 2nd figure, running away. Also the eyewitness accounts, one of a man apprehended "by the firehouse" given by the boy, and the other "camo pants with a dark jacket" by a man. The media never seemed to re-visit any of this. Instead they went directly to focusing on Adam Lanza, the guns that were used, and political issues. I guess what I'm saying is, they never delved into the shooting beyond any type of surface layer. There was no real investigative journalism being done.

I'm wishing I had paid more attention to the shooting when it happened now. Then again I'm not sure what good that would've done given there were about 5 false stories for every 1 true one it seems.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

new topics

join