It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMHO Many People Working For The Government Follow Any Order Just To Get A Paycheck.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar

Frightening isnt it, people who cannot think for themselves but require others to do it for them. This is a sign of a failed systematic educational system. I should add, I saw this on tv recently.

edit on 31-12-2012 by TheMindWar because: Add comment

It's much deeper than the educational system. Westerners as a culture worship authority, violence, and power.
It's even inherent in western religion.

Prince of Peace.....yeah right

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Reply to post by TheMindWar

Most government employees dont have enough power to affect anything. Your clerks, typists, secretaries, doctors, etc. They don't work closely with the government and are just doing their jobs. You are lumping all these people together and really have no clue what you are talking about. Keep the focus on your elected officials if you are unhappy.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol

Originally posted by Mrgone
Agreed. Can anyone point out one single story of a cop refusing orders during legal protests? Just one

I'm a former marine. We followed orders. If not, the consequences could be creative and in no way tied back to your refusal. It happened to me. I gave in after 30 days.

I could point in the direction of cops enjoying the process of cracking skull at many a protest...and in many cases committing Murder and walking free here in the UK.
some take great delight in putting on the armour for the day...

I have a cop friend who definitely fits that description. I've seen him gear up several times and he turns into a kid at playtime when he steps out the door. He even carries several illegal weapons on his belt that would get you arrested if you carried them. He believes he is a super hero when he puts on his uniform. It creeps me out every Time.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Sounds like you could use some new friends, mate. Check out your local Shambhala meditation center, you may meet some folks that have given over those silly notions!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Hmm, typists type letters, I have recived some damn nasty letters from corporations before even threatening even when I have done nothing wrong!. But yes, I do lump them all together, they are all cogs in the same machine being cranked by the puppet master.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonl1983
reply to post by schuyler

I've quit jobs just because the boss spoke to me as if I were a complete cretin, so asking me to do something immoral is even more offensive. Then again, I am unencumbered by a family or dependents, or the desire to accumulate a bunch of worthless material.

Good for you. How do you make your living?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Wait a minute. Unless you own your own business you work for someone, if you have a job. And if you work for someone, that someone would be telling you what to do. Anddd not doing it could result in termination of employment. I think that's logical.

That's any job.

Am I missing something here?!?

Don't do your job, your fired.

Lose house, and transportation. Can't clothe and feed family.

I don't see how that's a good thing.

IMHO people do what they are told so they don't get fired! Hahaha
edit on 31-12-2012 by PLASIFISK because: Yep

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Actually most people would not sacrifice their morals for a paycheck.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Orders are passed down and carried out without question.

Bull poop. I questioned orders all the time.

Question such orders and you will be reprimanded without explanation.

Bull poop. I got promoted (was an officer for gods sake!)

This is certainly not the behaviour of a freedom loving and considerate set of leaders.

False statement based on faulty precedent.

It seems to me that anyone who demands others to carry out a task without question or reason is bordering on psychopathic.

I'm guessing never been an NCO, or an officer. AmIright?

Many decent people may work for the government, but to carry out the orders of people who they do not trust themselves for a monthly paycheck is wrong on so many levels.

Well, I don't trust the civilian leadership, so you may have a point there.

Forcing others to do ones dirty work using the threat of a paycheck is a covert and hidden form of tyranny people really need to understand.

What is welfare then?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Actually most people will sacrifice their morals without being paid. Threats or authorization by an authority figure is all it takes.

watch this....www.youtube.com...
edit on 31-12-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Actually most people will sacrifice their morals without being paid. Threats or authorization by an authority figure is all it takes.

watch this....www.youtube.com...
edit on 31-12-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

Well, you can't leave out the getting paid part, that's kinda sorta the premise of the OP.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join