It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

finally got my nerve up to become a member

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DoubleEE

Yah, it hurts sometimes when people are insensitive. You will grow armor, trust me. Thing to remember is that there are all kinds of people and you don't know any of them like you do your friends and neighbors. Its just somebodies opinion. Also be aware that the site doesn't tolerate personal attacks or abuse. That drop down menu under peoples avatars has "alert" at the bottom to let staff know when that is occurring.

Can't help what people think. You'll get used to it. Take it slow like you said is good advice. Get used to how things work. If you see something somebody did that was neat and you want to learn how that is done one trick I used in the beginning is to hit "Quote" next to "Reply" in a post and that shows you how they arrange things, bring material, etc. When you are done back arrow out of the quote field with your browser and it won't send a reply.

You will get stuck at times. There is a moderator here that offers help to people that get stuck on how to do stuff. His User name is tothetenthpower and you can find him Here.

Click on the yellow "reach me for help" at the bottom of his post.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

thanks for the advice. i am back to lurking now.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Ahhh, I know you "joined" because some subject made you want to respond. Or you wanted to ask questions. Try that. If you know something about a subject being discussed, go ahead and chime in. Thats what this place is for. Look how successful you were with your intro thread. You got three pages of response. Thats really good. Most hardly get a part of a page.

You know what is cool? You respond...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

i believe people that are nice enough to reply deserve a reply back if they are not rude. even those people that were rude to me got a response. i refuse to entertain bullies though. as to sharing any thing personal, not happening. especially after i tried to thank the avatar people with a thank you thread and it got stomped.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

...as to sharing any thing personal, not happening. especially after i tried to thank the avatar people with a thank you thread and it got stomped.

Closed not "stomped". Don't take it personal. I know thats easy to say but you did "plunge right in" and found out the water can be cold, right? I said you would grow armor... I did. Staff doesn't mean anything by it. This site has oodles of threads on the same subject, so staff tries to keep the number of threads on any given subject limited. Thats why they closed your thread and redirected you to the other one already there about Avatars. Thats it. Nothing more.

Some other peoples response were very positive. I liked your "vanilla" thread.

And your advice... take it slow. We have the whole rest of our lives to conquer the world, one day at a time. That sounds stupid, I know.

Try finding a thread about personal stories that relate to your own experience. I don't know what your "experiences" are but that general category is called the "gray area". It is about peoples own dealings with everything from well, everything. You can find the different forums under "Forums" in the blue tool bar up top.

They call it the "Gray Area" because it is for personal stories, like those that don't require links or "evidence". You might find similar stuff in there and people that can help with it. Thats what ATS is for.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

okay you say potato i say potato. whatever the reason the irony was lost. they closed a thread where i was trying to give thanks to people that restored my faith in humanity to wake up the next day to have that faith crushed.

vanilla. that's what it will be. with a little flavor added from time to time. i will grow a thick skin because i have to to survive. i didn't become a member to be pushed around by bullies. so i will just give them what they want. i will be a good little boy. the nerve of me trying to thank anyone.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

i didn't become a member to be pushed around by bullies. so i will just give them what they want. i will be a good little boy. the nerve of me trying to thank anyone.

Okay, sit on your pitty pot.

I have to go walk my dog.

Edit: If there is ever anything I can do to help familiarize you with the site or steer you to someone who can, do U2U me and ask. I am here to help newer people because I know what it was like when I was new.
edit on 2-1-2013 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Just wanted to let you to know I felt the same way in the beginning. I joined because it is better than watching the redundant torture you so often see at yoohoo and other open source posting blogs, and people are usually kind when pointing out that your post might not be presented in the best way to get the information you might have been looking for. The rest of the rotten responses, just file them and remember who they are and you will soon see that they are that way in a lot of the posts they make. There are exceptions to the rule.

Also some people don't read the little info plaque on your Avatar and miss the fact that your like 2 days old and blast away. Shrug and just keep posting because it is obviously important to you.

Peace and I hope you have a great experience here!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BewilderedandAmused

thanks. really i knew all of this before i started as a member because i read many of these threads and saw firsthand as a lurker. didn't expect it to be any different. it is though when it is your thread they decide to pull their childish antics in. your support is appreciated.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

not a pity pot. your advice is well placed. just not able to turn the blind eye as everyone insist is so easy to do. i tend to take things personal when they are directed at me.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
** Closed **

If anyone has an issue with Staff actions, contact that staff member or file
a complaint, using the complaint feature located in the member center.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join