Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

finally got my nerve up to become a member

page: 3
17
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Belcastro
reply to post by DoubleEE
 


hi i am also a new member.

although i've lurked around the site for years.


glad you got your nerve too. see you around maybe.




posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DoubleEE
 





i am a bit shy
i am not very smart
i feel like the nerd
i don't deal with bullies very well
my confidence has been shaken
i tend to run and hide from confrontations
i am intimidated


This is a very honest question: You listed so many negative things about yourself and I'd like to know what you are doing about it? Is this the way you're going to be for the rest of your life? Will you go to counseling to learn how to gain confidence? Are you going to school to become more than 'not very smart"?

At first I thought the reason why you never capitalize the letter 'I" was because you are lazy. Now I see that your small i could be a sign of something altogether different. Please, do us a favor while doing yourself a favor. When referring to yourself, use a big I from now on, okay? Recognize that, like everyone that has ever lived, you are better than a small i.



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj
 


no my reason isn't laziness. it's personal. not an indication of anything that you have mentioned. i have been through some very humbling experiences in a very short time, my confidence is shaken for reasons i will not get into at this time. i was not always this way, so i do feel i will bounce back, eventually. thanks for your concern.



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoubleEE
reply to post by jiggerj
 


no my reason isn't laziness. it's personal. not an indication of anything that you have mentioned. i have been through some very humbling experiences in a very short time, my confidence is shaken for reasons i will not get into at this time. i was not always this way, so i do feel i will bounce back, eventually. thanks for your concern.


You have a mental or physical reason for not capitalizing the letter i or the first letter in each sentence?



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DoubleEE
 


You will be fine here and welcome btw. What doesn't kill you will make you stronger as Conan the Barbarian said.

Welcome aboard.



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Egyptia
reply to post by DoubleEE
 


You will be fine here and welcome btw. What doesn't kill you will make you stronger as Conan the Barbarian said.

Welcome aboard.


Thank you aside from already having to deal with innuendo and negativity from some here in a very short time, the response has been overwhelming by the majority and much appreciated.



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DoubleEE
 


Welcome and Happy New Year!

I am Split Infinity.

I hope you enjoy this board as much as I do. A person will always run into others who do not think as they do nor do people even think the same way. Don't let that hinder your fun or ability to speak your mind.

I believe everyone has something wothwhile to contribute and I am sure you certainly do.

Split Infinity



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Welcome to the site. You'll do all right.



posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   



posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DoubleEE
 


What ever you write you will always find someone else interested in the same thing.


Welcome to ATS.



posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Good stuff, new member to new member, welcome



posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
welcome!

happy new year



posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by DoubleEE
 


Welcome and Happy New Year!

I am Split Infinity.

I hope you enjoy this board as much as I do. A person will always run into others who do not think as they do nor do people even think the same way. Don't let that hinder your fun or ability to speak your mind.

I believe everyone has something wothwhile to contribute and I am sure you certainly do.

Split Infinity



not entirely new, been a reader follower for a few years off and on. i have been involved with many personal issues. i was not able to have the right attitude to deal with the negativity in here because of it, so even though my confidence is at a low it is on the climb and able to withstand some of the tactics i have witnessed as a lurker.
thanks. i look forward to participating. i may even try to write a thread of my own. in the mean time i will just enjoy the opportunity to participate in others if i choose.



posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy
 


thanks. you too.



posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Di0nysis
 


thanks good luck to you too. i will visit your intro thread.



posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DoubleEE
 


Hi DoubleEE,

I read the conversation between jiggerj and yourself, and I must say that I kind of agree with jiggerj.

You should not be putting yourself down - enough other people will be doing that.

Your job is to promote yourself, and to be proud.
Therefore you absolutely must refer to yourself with a capital "I".

Small things like this, will make you proud and strong again.

Cheers
QMask



posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by QMask
 


i respect your opinion and his, but that is not an issue for me that is decided by how i type.



posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse
 


thanks. i appreciate the sentiment.



posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star
 


thanks cool welcome there.



posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveLeak2k
reply to post by DoubleEE
 


What ever you write you will always find someone else interested in the same thing.


Welcome to ATS.


thanks. that may be true. i am hopeful. not sure it applies all the time though.





new topics

top topics



 
17
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join