finally got my nerve up to become a member

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

thanks for filling me in, have an extra tin foil hat i can borrow? i will eventually be comfortable enough to share and i will try not to be to sensitive, as i mentioned before, i do not do well with bullies/trolls, but i am certain i will have to deal with something. a lesson learned in humility is a lesson gained. just hope the humility is not to harsh. i will do my best to respect others no matter what they think of me.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

thanks for the encouragement. will do.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

thanks, i guess the best way to contact people would be the message option?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

if you say so, thanks for the welcome, i would rather not be looked at as a fool so i will be very careful. of course i suppose there is always the chance i will still be a fool to someone. oh well, nothing ventured nothing gained, but i don't handle rejection very well.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Terms & Conditions Of Use
What are P F K W S

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

thank you.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

wow. thanks. i am sure these will come in handy and i will take it all to heart.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DoubleEE

Welcome to ATS, DoubleEE !

To answer your question:

P = number of posts that you have made
F = flags received
S = stars received
W = your "way above top secret" rating
K = your karma rating

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by QMask

thanks, any idea how they calculate these?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Other members will give you stars on your posts.
{It seems this feature is disabled in the "New Members" forum.}

Other members will flag the threads that you have created.
Even "New Member" threads can be flagged.

I don't know how the ATS web-site/system calculates the W and K ratings.

I forgot to say that the W rating is also referred to as the WATS rating, because it stands for "Way above top secret", as I said in my earlier post.

Anyway, you may want to check out this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or else, you may want to do a search on ATS for the terms "Karma" and "WATS" and "way above top secret"

This is all I know about this. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by QMask

thanks, i see you are fairly new, i was just curious, it really doesn't matter, but i will check out other possibilities for answers.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Awww...Bless your heart. Welcome!
Have A Happy New Year to All!
edit on 31-12-2012 by relocator because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

No, I am not really a new member, as you can see from the date when I joined ATS, which is February 13, 2009.

Over the years, I just chose to read a lot here on ATS, ...and I posted comments almost never.

Anyway, I recently decided to post a bit more. I mean, why not?

Also, I have been reading ATS since 2007, so I am really not a "new" member.

Cheers
QMask

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! Quite intimidating, isn't it? That is how I felt before I joined. For the most part I would call us a loving yet occasionally dysfunctional family, you will be comfortable in no time! I can't wait to read your stories and contributions to the site

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Never put yourself down there are enough people out there who will try and
do that for you.

You present yourself in a clear and concise fashion which trumps most people round here
Including myself

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

hi i am also a new member.

although i've lurked around the site for years.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by QMask

well i feel honored. thanks. yeah i see that now. sorry for the confusion.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
Awww...Bless your heart. Welcome!
Have A Happy New Year to All!
edit on 31-12-2012 by relocator because: (no reason given)

thanks. my heart can always use an extra blessing.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
Welcome to ATS! Quite intimidating, isn't it? That is how I felt before I joined. For the most part I would call us a loving yet occasionally dysfunctional family, you will be comfortable in no time! I can't wait to read your stories and contributions to the site

thanks. well dysfunction i can handle. i am extremely dysfunctional. intimidating as a whole, i am not certain i classify ats that way, dysfunctional maybe. there does seem to be certain people in here that insist on being rude and use bully tactics to try and intimidate. i will probably do all i can to avoid them. nice people are easy to handle. mean people not so much.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta

Never put yourself down there are enough people out there who will try and
do that for you.

You present yourself in a clear and concise fashion which trumps most people round here
Including myself

not sure how concise i am. thanks for the encouragement. confidence is not a strong suit for me. i have been through a great deal of changes that force me to be this way. i have been very humbled. i am sure that whatever i have been through though pales in comparison to others much less fortunate than me.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join