finally got my nerve up to become a member

page: 1
17
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
i have been a reader and follower here, never had the nerve to join...recently i had some very strange things happen to me that i want to share eventually. i have seen how some people get treated though so i have been hesitant to this point.

not sure when i will share or if, but i have to be a member if the time strikes me. i will get my 20 posts in order to be ready when. i am a bit shy and will need some guidance from time to time from those that are willing.

i am going to go slow, particularly now that i am here as a member, i want to continue to learn the workings of this site and try to understand what the best way is to approach certain topics.

i am not very smart by most standards and do not want to make a fool of myself, but i do want to participate. i feel like the nerd in school that everyone picks last for the kickball game. i don't deal with bullies very well, so i am not sure if this will be a good outcome for me.

my confidence has been shaken and i tend to run and hide from confrontations. if i do not respond to someone it is more likely it is because i am intimidated...not being rude.

i hope this is okay for an introduction.

happy new year!




posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Who care what people think . Not likely they will ever meet you or know who you are . Welcome to ats don't let the trolls run you off as to that is what gets them off . many great people here out weight the trouble makers



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
hello to you and happy new year



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DoubleEE
 


You kinda sound like me. I've only posted one thread, which wasn't any real information. And I can't figure out how to post a thread with awesome information, I will soon learn.

You gotta take things lightly, this is the Internet world, and there will always be trolls and rude people, hah just like the real world!

Anyway, glad you climbed aboard and joined!

-nat



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DoubleEE
 


There have been a few times I looked like an idiot but that is part of learning and denying ignorance



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS! I'm sure you'll find a spot to fit right in. I'm also sure you'll have little problem finding people willing to help if it's below something you'd bother staff with. I know there are several very good members who helped me a great deal when I was new and learning the basics. It's quite a place eh?

See ya in the forums!



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DoubleEE
 

Warm Welcome to the ATS Family, DoubleEE. You were smart enough to join the rest of us nerds here, sounds like you'll fit in fine. Everyone here is very helpful, if you have any questions, just ask. We all started here just like you...a new member. Glad you decided to take the plunge....:


Des



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
If not making a fool of yourself had anything to do with membership, this would be a blog
Welcome!



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Welcome to one of the best places to kill time amigo.
Salud and Happy New Years



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
thank you all for your welcome. i am sure the experience will be an interesting one either way.



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone
 


how do i get one of these cool avatars? and what do those letters mean below my name, i think i know what the p stands for and the f and the s, but what is the w and k for?



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
Who care what people think . Not likely they will ever meet you or know who you are . Welcome to ats don't let the trolls run you off as to that is what gets them off . many great people here out weight the trouble makers


i care what others think of me, i suppose that is a personality fault of mine. trolls, i guess that is another word for bully? i don't deal with those type very well. i will try to not take it personal, but that may be another personality fault of mine. thanks for the advice though.



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoubleEE
reply to post by Destinyone
 


how do i get one of these cool avatars? and what do those letters mean below my name, i think i know what the p stands for and the f and the s, but what is the w and k for?


Welcome, you can find members more then happy to help you create a avatar by going to this thread BTS Avatar creation just let them know what your looking for.
As far as letters go f is for flags S for stars p for points and I still don't know what k and w are
hope to see you around the boards, don't be shy a troll will be a troll there are a lot of good people here
edit on 31-12-2012 by DIRTYDONKEY because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Welcome! Now get out. JUst messing. Anywhere you go you'll have trolls and some of the things we talk about on here we hold dear to our hearts and souls so of course we will get heated arguments, yelling and name calling. But at the end of the day everyone is grateful that we can speak our minds so freely on ATS. This is a great place and many intellengent people and conversations. We will all post stuff that gets holes riddled through it by the next person to post and such is learning. There isn't an intellegent person on here that will attack you personally or put you down for your ideas or willingness to share sensitive information. Someone might post in your thread they think your ideas are the devil then in the next thread be defending you on another matter. It's sites like these that let people like us toss around every insane idea that crawls out of the bottomless pit that is the human mind without fear of what people think about the idea. And that my friend is where real intellegence and knowledge come from.

Enjoy your stay and keep your tin foil hat close.



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   


i am not very smart by most standards and do not want to make a fool of myself


Don't worry you'll soon come to realise that intelligence is no requirement for becoming a member on this site!

Joking aside, I'm sure you'll have plenty to offer, but remember that you're not obliged to create threads. You can just read and post comments if you like.

Above all have fun and don't take it all too seriously!

Glad to have you aboard friend!



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Welcome DoubleEE and happy New Year to you as well! And to all those who would cause you trouble here at ATS, in the words of Bob Marley


Don't let 'em fool ya, Or even try to school ya! Oh, no! We've got a mind of our own, So go to hell if what you're thinking is not right!



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DoubleEE
 


It's a perfectly fine introduction. Don't put yourself down either. You will find allllll kinds of people here and I hope you feel welcome. You need to have tough skin sometimes though, so don't let things get you down. Anyway, hello and welcome to ATS.



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoubleEE
i have been a reader and follower here, never had the nerve to join...recently i had some very strange things happen to me that i want to share eventually. i have seen how some people get treated though so i have been hesitant to this point.

not sure when i will share or if, but i have to be a member if the time strikes me. i will get my 20 posts in order to be ready when. i am a bit shy and will need some guidance from time to time from those that are willing.

i am going to go slow, particularly now that i am here as a member, i want to continue to learn the workings of this site and try to understand what the best way is to approach certain topics.

i am not very smart by most standards and do not want to make a fool of myself, but i do want to participate. i feel like the nerd in school that everyone picks last for the kickball game. i don't deal with bullies very well, so i am not sure if this will be a good outcome for me.

my confidence has been shaken and i tend to run and hide from confrontations. if i do not respond to someone it is more likely it is because i am intimidated...not being rude.

i hope this is okay for an introduction.

happy new year!


Consider the posts here. It is impossible to make a fool of yourself.

Here's some sage advice:

Try not giving a #.

That's it.

Just try not giving a # about what other people think of you.



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Grab your tin foil hat, put on your armour and then realise that we do do genuinely care about each other (the serious members) Ignore the trolls (the temptation is great).
But mostly believe in yourself.
The mods are always right (apparently)
Enjoy the ride, welcome to our little community and never be afraid to be different. It's what we thrive on.
Oh yeah
Happy new year



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DIRTYDONKEY
 


thanks on the avatar suggestion. i will take you advice in mind.





new topics
top topics
 
17
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join