was the Port Arthur massacre carried out by the aussie government

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
hi all
I keep seeing all these aussies carry on about american gun laws and about how our government planned these mass shootings to get our guns

so i ask this was the Port Arthur massacre an aussie government inside job? Was martin bryant a brainwashed government assasin?

was it all planned out to come after your guns?

and why the hell would you fall for it?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
There are only speculations to that effect, no proof.
You probably won't get many Aussies to reply to this post either.
But Star and Flag for bringing it up.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

ty
I havnt really heard much speculation on it.. thats why i brought it up.

I think deep down the aussies are pissed that they gave up their guns and they figure we had to those damm americans should have to too

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Even before the gun ban hardly any Aussies had or wanted guns, when the ban came into effect no one really cared.

Aussies in general dont think the government had anything to do with Port Arthur and the only ones I hear saying these school shootings are gov psy ops are pro gunners who are so scared their guns could be taken away they will say any old drivel
edit on 31/12/2012 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by goou111

Even before the gun ban hardly any Aussies had or wanted guns, when the ban came into effect no one really cared.

Aussies in general dont think the government had anything to do with Port Arthur and the only ones I hear saying these school shootings are gov psy ops are pro gunners who are so scared their guns could be taken away they will say any old drivel

oh cmon if hardly any aussies had or wanted guns.. whats the point of banning them?

The gun buy-back scheme started on 1 October 1996 and concluded on 30 September 1997.[23] The buyback purchased and destroyed more than 631,000 firearms en.wikipedia.org...

and thats just in the 1st year and only the ones people voluntarily gave back

sounds like alot of people had guns to me

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The number of guns needs to be better broken down as some could be 200 year old antiques that would of been better used as a club than as a firearm and given that perhaps a lot of people inherited weapons from family it would be easy to see how you could have an uncle on a farm who'd got a dozen rifles, 5 shotguns and a few pistols and when he died he passed them on and the new owner of the farm brought themselves similar amounts of weaponry and when the buy back turned up all those old weapons sat rusting in draws suddenly became worth something so its hardly surprising that a lot of old farming/hunting weapons along with WW2 service revolvers etc suddenly come out of the closet and get cashed in

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
The number of guns needs to be better broken down as some could be 200 year old antiques that would of been better used as a club than as a firearm and given that perhaps a lot of people inherited weapons from family it would be easy to see how you could have an uncle on a farm who'd got a dozen rifles, 5 shotguns and a few pistols and when he died he passed them on and the new owner of the farm brought themselves similar amounts of weaponry and when the buy back turned up all those old weapons sat rusting in draws suddenly became worth something so its hardly surprising that a lot of old farming/hunting weapons along with WW2 service revolvers etc suddenly come out of the closet and get cashed in

Im sure your right alot of old worthless guns came out.. but when the government claims over 631,000 guns were taken and destroyed you know that at least that many were just kept by the government and either sold or givin to law enforcment or the military

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

oh cmon if hardly any aussies had or wanted guns.. whats the point of banning them?
The gun buy-back scheme started on 1 October 1996 and concluded on 30 September 1997.[23]
The buyback purchased and destroyed more than 631,000 firearms en.wikipedia.org... and thats just in the 1st year and only the ones people voluntarily gave back sounds like alot of people had guns to me

LOL I find it highly amusing you cant imagine people not wanting to own guns, the point in banning in them was to keep them out of the hands of people like Martin Bryant

I know a few people who handed in guns that had been in wardrobes or in storage for years, mostly from parents or grandparents who either had them on farms and even some old WW2 weapons.
Another friends Mum gave in a gun that shot pellets, you could put match heads in it.

If the Gov ever tried to make guns as readily available in OZ as they are in the US you would get the same kind of reaction as if they tried to take yours away, basically a revolution only ours would be peaceful

Im sure your right alot of old worthless guns came out.. but when the government claims over 631,000 guns were taken and destroyed you know that at least that many were just kept by the government and either sold or givin to law enforcment or the military

In alot of cases they were destroyed (sawn in half) where they were handed in

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

isnt peaceful revolution an oxymoron?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
An independant journalist studied this for years the weapon used was a car15 the shooting was elite forces standard,the only special force in the world that uses the car15 is an Israeli one and yes there were members of this unit in Australia at the time of the shooting on 'holidays'

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
In my honest opinion i don't think so, we already had reasonable gun control measures. Although there are a lot of conspiracy theories about the Port Arthur Massacre, the only people who arced up about the new laws were the pro-gun advocates, who are nowhere near the size of the NRA. They speak of the amendments and right to bear arms to protect themselves and such, from who? Those who also say they have the right to bear arms. It's like comparing peaches to pears, Australia is a totally different society.

Fully automatic weapons were never allowed, though someone can correct me if i'm wrong. And the weapons that have been banned, really, why would you need them except if your at war. Pro shooters in Australia can get a licence for Semi auto weapons and pistols. I can ramble on about this for ages. And as Maxatoria stated, alot of weapons that were handed in were hand me downs, many from earlier wars.

My Uncle worked in one of the crushing sites they had, specifically he was transporting the weapons from the collection sites and overseeing the destruction of the weapons, and very few that came through were current military spec weapons. Though he did admit there was a few that ended up being made inactive and made they're way to private collections, as some were quite rare and still worth quite a bit.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

where did i say i cant imagin people not wanting guns? If you dont want a gun dont frikin get one

But dont try and tell me I cant have one because you dont want one

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

isnt peaceful revolution an oxymoron?

Only if you think you need a gun to get anything done

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix
An independant journalist studied this for years the weapon used was a car15 the shooting was elite forces standard,the only special force in the world that uses the car15 is an Israeli one and yes there were members of this unit in Australia at the time of the shooting on 'holidays'

things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
edit on 31-12-2012 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

where did i say i cant imagin people not wanting guns? If you dont want a gun dont frikin get one

The 1st sentnce of your 1st reply to me you expressed disbelief that people didnt want guns.

Get as many guns as you want, Im not an American nor do I ever plan on visiting so I couldnt care less.
Just realise that if you can get guns easily so can everyone else, sure you trust yourself and the people you know but its pretty obvious you have some really sick people in your society.
Is your want and love of guns worth the risk that they will fall into these peoples hands?

Once again I broke my self imposed ban on posting in pointless gun threads, if you want to reply to this so other people can read it can you do it without clicking on my reply button please. Im seriously done with these types of discussion

P.s No offence to you, you have been sensible and courteous, its just these discussions go nowhere and Ive done a heap of them over the past few weeks.

Interesting thread none the less

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Whether or not one buys into the whole Martin Bryant Conspiracy, one thing is certain and that is that the event, as well as the Monash University shootings were the trigger events to implement the buy-back scheme and introduce significant changes to the Australian Gun laws, it is now in the history books......

Starting in the late 1990s, Australia underwent an extensive national firearm law reform process, primarily in response to specific incidents such as the Port Arthur shootings in Tasmania in 1996 and the Monash University shootings in 2002. Following these events, the Australian, state and territory governments, through the then APMC and COAG, entered into three national agreements that became responsible for the shaping of contemporary Australian firearm laws.

www.aic.gov.au...

With the obvious deception that the US government exercises in almost all facets of their undertakings, if I was a Yank, I'd be arming myself to the teeth right about now - it is obvious they are coming for your guns, thanks to the UN.

Guns in cabinets, just like a parked car in your driveway, don't kill - add a human nutter into the mix and all hell breaks loose.

Oh, and you should have waited to start this thread a little later, its 0320hrs in West Aust and 0620hrs in the Eastern States - on new years day. You probably wont get too many Aussies chiming in on this - you know, hangovers and all.

S&F

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by goou111

I think that probably depends on which part of Aus you're from. 90% of people I know had at least one firearm, and the majority had more than one....and they weren't exactly too pleased at handing them in. In fact many of them got buried. I personally lost 2 SKK's and a .22 ....and the buyback didn't cover half of what I payed for them.(legally in a gunstore with my drivers licence)...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I personally don't care if you have a WW2 destroyers 30 inch gun under each arm and no one has said to you "you may not have a gun, do not pass go, do not collect $200", each person who handed in did it for their own reasons and i'm sure that if they did a buy back of guns in the states they'd get loads (mainly broken and in need of repair i'd imagine) but if its just a trade with you turn up with guns you don't want and leave with mucho dollars in pocket its a win win for everyone as you can walk to the local gun store and buy a nice shiny gun or 10000000 with the profits

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatcoat

Out of curiousity where did you live and why so many guns?
Dont sound like hunting equipment, but then again I have no idea about guns

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

wont reply anymore to you in this thread ..lol but ive gone back and forth with you in other threads and its always fun..

i always star you when you reply

top topics

<<   2 >>

join