Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Let's talk about REINCARNATION again....by special request.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cherry0

Yep, that's Edgar Cayce!!! Thanks for your contribution, and Happy New Year....

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Who were you in a past life Willdtimes? A healer, a mystic, an artist mabey even a pirate?

Reincarntion reminds me of world of warcraft for some reason.
edit on 31-12-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
like I've said... you're given a body you deserve... and a situation that your past actions created... and you either learn to deal with what you have been given, and find the positive... or fail the "test" and get held back a grade

And like I've said, without accumulated knowledge, any advancement is incidental, and therefore irrelevant.

It does for that group, because the Gnosis had to come from a Gnostic master,

A what?

Do you have any quotes or names for this gnostic master?

Names? No, apart from Valentinus. The Gnosis supposedly came from Jesus and was passed to his Apostles, who passed it on to the Gnostics who showed enlightenment, and then passed it on to their followers. Never mind the 100 years between the Apostles and Valentinus, of course.

and once they died out (no, the church wasn't at a point where it could "destroy" them, but pressure from the church most certainly led to their decline in popularity) the knowledge that they held died with them, because it couldn't be written down.

Are we talking about the same scripture here, or do you know of some texts I don't?

Haven't you read Lost Christianities by Bart Ehrman? I thought that you had.

That doesn't mean that Catholics wrote it.

But if it is accepted doctrine... that means that statement is also accepted.... no?

Catholics aren't Fundamentalists, so no, it's not as simple as "the Old Testament says this, therefore Catholics believe it." According to the Catholic Encyclopedia, Origen believed in the pre-existence of the soul, but by the Fifth Ecumenical Council (Constantinople II) the notion was discarded.

As I said, I have no real opinion on the matter, and as you well know, as a Catholic, I'm pretty Protestant in my views, lol. Just because the Catechism says something doesn't mean I'm on board with it.

But there are those who believe in reincarnation that also believe that people "script" their lives, in order to learn some lesson or another.

I've heard that as well... from that psychic lady that's always on montel Williams... Silvia brown... and I've even read one of her books which is rare for me... it was quite good.

I read one of her books, on the afterlife, and it was horrid. She basically presented the afterlife as she would like it to be, everything was in accordance with her own life experience -- the "entrance" to heaven was in southern California, for Pete's sakes.
edit on 31-12-2012 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DoubleEE

would someone explain this to me?

Expain what.....jiggerj?

Well, to be very honest, based on how your avatar and signature have suddenly evolved into all "been here, know the drill..." mode; I don't think you really need this "explanation."

Aherm.

If you really do, well, I recommend looking at his profile and reading through his posts and threads.

But, yeah, we love him anyway!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
Its his path to take, man, his path.

I agree with you but I have learned that judgment is not my place, and honestly since we create the reality we make his belief becomes as real as say, yours or mine.

But I would say Truth is we are Eternal and One with Source, and that there is no "deception" other than the ones we place between us and the One.

Well said fourthmeal...

Wish that the world had more like yourself who believed that judgment is not for us to dish out.

When you said: "there is no "deception"... THAT'S where you lost me.

Of course I am absolutely amazed that people can believe such a thing.

Do you honestly believe that?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

....a pirate?

!!!

Actually, this is me:
My Pirate Self

For real. That's me.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Since you mention, both as you are able to describe brother=)

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by Jameliel

Can you say what the kingdom of the dead is like?

Depends on which dead you are referring to. Dead in Christ, or dead as in physically dead.
edit on 31-12-2012 by Jameliel because: mistype

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

You've had some very interesting, and sometimes horrid experiences, then. I used to have some wild dreams like that when I was younger. Now that I'm ancient, I really have to work at remembering my dreams. Though I've had some very interesting meditation and trance sessions...

I once saw myself as a 12 year old girl in the early 1900's. I could tell she was from a well to do family by her attire. She was pretty too, because at one point I could see my(her) reflection in a store window as she looked in. It was quite an experience. A fantasy? Someone else's life? Or was it really one of my own past lives? It's something to contemplate.

Awesome quote from Hamlet.

Happy New Year! my friend. May this coming year bring you great things for your highest good.

ETA: That goes for you too wildtimes.

edit on 12/31/2012 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Expain what.....jiggerj?

Well, to be very honest, based on how your avatar and signature have suddenly evolved into all "been here, know the drill..." mode; I don't think you really need this "explanation."

Aherm.

If you really do, well, I recommend looking at his profile and reading through his posts and threads.

wow. you two are doing wonders for my confidence. thanks bunches. by the way, i didn't make the signature and i don't have an avatar. i may not be very smart but i know how to ask for help.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Expain what.....jiggerj?

Aherm.

Originally posted by DoubleEE reply to post by SloAnPainful thanks. having trouble getting it to activate. i saved it and uploaded then i hit signature and saved it to profile. still wouldn't activate. as you can see it looks awesome. thanks. now who can we get to animate it?

they were super helpful. and very pleasant.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Cherry0

Yep, that's Edgar Cayce!!! Thanks for your contribution, and Happy New Year....

Thank you!

Happy New Year to you and everyone else as well!

Have a good one all!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Reincarnation no. Now genetic memory, passing memories down through genes yes.

Now we're getting somewhere...

Genes composed of what?
...and to what purpose, if not in equal measures to all creatures with genes?

Kinda sounds like the same thing, using different language...

A99

All creatures? Perhaps. It could be what blurs the line between instinct and genetic memory. Not using the same language at all. Think of the human body, our muscles have memory, they retain the "knowledge" of how much strength is in them. Body builders for instance, when i was lifting weights in highschool i got bulked up then graduated highschool and hadn't lifted weights in 10 years, yet i found i could still lift the exact same weight as i maxed out in highschool P.C. class. Genetic memory would operate in similar fashion and could be a key factor in why we humans have certain instincts. Maybe fears of the dark, or fears of heights or as in my case, fear of rickety unstable ladders comes from a progenitor down the tree branch. As in my case, i am not afraid of heights but i am afraid of being on ladders, i can stand in mountaintops or sit on the edge of my roof or climb a tree and it doesn't bother me but ladders i will lock up on.
edit on 31-12-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

!!!

Actually, this is me:
My Pirate Self

For real. That's me.

Wow your a smokin Hotte Babe Wildtimes!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

!!!

Actually, this is me:
My Pirate Self

For real. That's me.

Wow your a smokin Hotte Babe Wildtimes!

Tough to argue with that, lol

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

My only problem with reincarnation is that it implies the same set of souls are being born over and over again. Which doesn't explain why the world population is ever increasing. Or maybe there's something I don't understand about it.

I recently got back from an anatomy museum. Looking at specimens of some horribly deformed babies and fetuses... a few thoughts crossed my mind...

- Did those things just grow as a biological masses of flesh, with "life" but no real "soul".
- Were the souls that were meant for those fetuses given a second chance in a different body?
...and a few other thoughts that I just cant express through words. Standing in that room with all those specimens in jars was stomach churning at first.... and then nightmarishly surreal.

I don't fully believe in re-incarnation, at least not in the way that you do, but I think there could be some truth to it. It is perhaps a natural mechanism or a process the soul undergoes between the states of life and death... I don't know. Perhaps the souls of those fetuses lived again in a different body?

The very idea that people are restored after death is in itself a form of reincarnation... on a different plane of existence.

We can merely speculate. God knows best.

edit on 31-12-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
HaHo(I Greet You!)
I really enjoyed the posts, and felt inclined to share. When i was born, I was five months premature and in 1965 that was something. I saw myself being held by a doctor and put into a stainless-steel tank(know this after I asked my dad) and it was filled with ice and cold water to bring my fever down, I had double Pneumonia in my little lungs.
When I remembered that, later I remember seeing something else in that room, a human being who was all red.
Later, on in my life I grew up in a Christian home and kept having dreams and told my dreams to my grandfather, who told me stories of our ancestors going on a vision quest, so at 12 and with my dad's blessing i did, even though my dad was a Reverend of his church and us Natives were forbidden to go on a vision quest.
I just recently found out by the sacred beings who help me, visited me here in my home and I showed them some star charts to show the sky, in the past. Only way to figure out when it was since I was last here on Creation.
The day i died then was 12-10-1222 and i was very old. So, now I am putting more and more together to figure out for myself, where did I go when i left Creation in 12-10-1222.
HaHo is a greeting only used by men. The way i address anyone in respect of their personal being.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Whats the point of your discussion?
Proving its existence?, finding assurance it exists? or just a debate/contribution?
edit on 1-1-2013 by hoonsince89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
When you stop and think about it It's already happened to us all at least this once.

We have all been born once. So why shouldn't it happen again ?

What were the staggering circumstances that gave you, me, (all of us) this sudden existance from nothingness... ?

We go back to that non existance when we die.

I think pretty good odds that we will get picked again.
edit on 1-1-2013 by Littlejohnny1 because: (no reason given)
edit on 1-1-2013 by Littlejohnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Reincarnation no. Now genetic memory, passing memories down through genes yes.

Now we're getting somewhere...

Genes composed of what?
...and to what purpose, if not in equal measures to all creatures with genes?

Kinda sounds like the same thing, using different language...

A99

All creatures? Perhaps. It could be what blurs the line between instinct and genetic memory. Not using the same language at all. Think of the human body, our muscles have memory, they retain the "knowledge" of how much strength is in them. Body builders for instance, when i was lifting weights in highschool i got bulked up then graduated highschool and hadn't lifted weights in 10 years, yet i found i could still lift the exact same weight as i maxed out in highschool P.C. class. Genetic memory would operate in similar fashion and could be a key factor in why we humans have certain instincts. Maybe fears of the dark, or fears of heights or as in my case, fear of rickety unstable ladders comes from a progenitor down the tree branch. As in my case, i am not afraid of heights but i am afraid of being on ladders, i can stand in mountaintops or sit on the edge of my roof or climb a tree and it doesn't bother me but ladders i will lock up on.
edit on 31-12-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

I knoe exactly what You meant. Wherever there are genes, there is DNA...DNA is a set of instructions, a blueprint...this blueprint can patently be changed to reflect a different instruction...there may be many ways these instructions can be changed...

Instinct operates at a level which is hardly understood by 'modern' science...it would be presumptive to relegate all instinct-like behaviours to this little understood item...but, I get your point...and I don't entirely discount the element of 'base' instincts' in the daily life of a human...however, it seems that instincts can be modified by animals and humans alike, and this nexus is an interesting one...

As to whether instinct explains all the points that arise in the reincarnation debate...I respectfully disagree...

A99

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
No, I dont buy reincarnation for a second, as a muslim clearly its not within my beliefs, I chose to be a muslim and didnt grow up with muslim parents, so my beliefs are not something that was pushed onto me as a child.

I have a sri-lankan buddist friend at work and we are constantly debating/discussing our beliefs. Here's what i find most laughable when we discuss his beliefs, heres a small example of some of our discussions.

Me: So you think we are reincarnated
Friend: Yes
Me: so what is the point of this reincarnation
Friend: so that we may learn from previous lives
Me: so what is the end goal of learning about previous lives, is it to get to nirvana
Frined: well yes, but there is a higher state than this again
Me: and what may that be
Friend: to not exist at all
Me: (holding back laughter), so you sacrifice all this for the ultimate end goal(or in hope) of not existing at all, not as a god not in nirvana but ot not exist at all in any form?
Friend: yes, because dont you agree that this life is misery
Me: Yes, but misery in comparison to heaven, not misery in comparison to not existing at all, I believe we are here for a test, and that those who die before the age of accountability(puberty) and the severely mentally/physically disabled will basically get a free ticket to heaven as they have been put here to test those around them, and that the rest of us must put aside much of our wordly desires in order to obatin a place in heaven, to be honest I think it's ludicrous to sacrifice your wordly desires for the ultimate end goal of literally nothing
Friend: No you will find out you are wrong in the end
Me: (sarcastically) well actually when I cant remember anything from so called previous lives, I would either keep being born oblivous to this reincarnation or I would get to the ultimate goal of not existing at all and in both cases I wont be able to prove anything, not even to myself. Seriously I cant imagine saying to anyone let alone my kids now kids/people, be good, be nice to others, etc, and you will get the ultimate reward of absolutely nothing
Friend: (with his back against the wall) then starts to turn the converstaion on Islam, which I'm more than happy to discuss, but is outside this thread.
edit on 1-1-2013 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join