It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's talk about REINCARNATION again....by special request.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So the kingdom of god being within us doesn't mean anything to you? If it is already within you then what is the point of faith? Isn't that the whole point of faith? To get to the kingdom of god?

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here.

Having the kingdom of God within means having the seal of the Holy Spirit to keep you close to God until you're united with him.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

The whole point of faith is to enter into gods kingdom (heaven) after we die, right? So if it is within us, as you stated, then what is the point of faith? We are already within the kingdom of god because it is within us.

Do you see the contradiction yet, or are you still blind to it?

Luke 17

33 Whoever tries to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.

Having faith means you are trying to keep your (this) life. By Jesus' own words, you will lose your life for trying to keep it through faith. Weird, huh?

edit on 6-1-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

The kingdom of God (the Holy Spirit) isn't inside everyone here on this earth.

You have to have faith before you can receive the Holy Spirit.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Says Paul...

Check out the edit I added to my post. Care to explain it?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

As far as Luke 17, Jesus was speaking to the disciples. He was letting them know that they would face persecution (like Jesus himself ended up suffering) in their journey to spread the gospel of the kingdom throughout the world. If any of them were to renounce their faith in Christ in order to save their own life on this earth, they would lose their place in heaven.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

He was speaking about the second coming, not the apostles faith in him. The verses directly after this explain something that relates to reincarnation. One person being taken and one being left is the transition from one body to another in my opinion.

The second coming is everyone's, not just Jesus'. This is the first life that you KNOW of, as in details. When you are reincarnated that is your "second coming" because your memory will be wiped and you'll be a clean slate living another "first" from that perspective until you die and have another "second coming" to life, and so on and so on for eternity.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Says Paul...

Says Jesus...

John 6

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

Men come to Jesus by way of the Holy Spirit.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I agree with this verse believe it or not. The only way to get to the father (heaven/consciousness) is through him (heaven/consciousness). He was speaking broadly in a personal way in order to convey that we are all One in my opinion. Him saying that is exactly like me or you saying it. No matter who says those words, it will still be true.

ETA: If Jesus was a woman (which I suspect) then this would fit perfectly with child birth. No one can reach the father (heaven) without first being born from their mothers womb or of water (amniotic fluid) and spirit (consciousness).

The holy spirit is not some exclusive club where only a few people get in, everyone and every living thing is part of this club. Without the holy spirit there is no life because it IS life. It is what keeps any one person alive. It is what makes us "tick" so to say.

Exodus 3

14 God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

I am, you are, we all ARE. We are the I AM, every last one of us. The holy spirit is what let's us have self-awareness, or the ability to say or think "I am". To think only a few have this holy spirit is nonsense In my opinion.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Matthew 22:14

14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Matthew 7:13-15

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Without the holy spirit there is no life because it IS life.

The Holy Spirit is eternal life. It is not the basis for this life and it is not found in everyone.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

So the largest religion in the world is the "few" that make it? That doesn't make sense. The path I am taking is even smaller than yours so what does that mean?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

So what gives me, an unbeliever, the life I have now? What animates me and gives me these thoughts that run through my mind? What gives me the feelings of love and joy? Pain and regret? Sadness and loss? If it is not my spirit, what makes me me and you you, then what is it?

Why would god give me life only to snatch it away to eternal torment? What makes you think that my lifespan here can compare or equate to eternal punishment in hell? 70 or 80 years isn't even a blink of an eye compared to forever. That's like pulling your best quarterback for a whole season just for throwing a bad first pass of the season. It doesn't make sense at all to me.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Christianity is the largest religion only because that's the one that most people "profess". It doesn't mean they're following it. You take into consideration the total number of people who have ever lived and who truly followed God over all of those years and the number probably gets pretty small in comparison.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

The same could be said about Islam or Judaism. They're even smaller than Christianity, so after doing the math... that would still leave Christianity as the biggest religion in the world after factoring In all the "fakes" from other religions.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

We each have our own spirit in which we make our own choices and exercise free will from.

The key is to align it and combine it with God's Spirit.

As for hell, that's something that I think everyone should read what Jesus had to say about it and draw their own conclusions.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

So since the kingdom of god is within and so is the spirit, wouldn't that mean they are the same? Since my spirit, which is within me, is the kingdom of god then wouldn't that make my spirit holy?

You're turning yourself around in circles right now.

My spirit and the holy spirit are the same thing, that goes for everyone and everything that lives. I'm baffled how you can't seem to make that connection, it's so simple!
UGH!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Your spirit and the Holy Spirit are separate. But yes, the kingdom of God within is the same thing as the Holy Spirit.

I thought that I already made the statement that you had to have faith in Christ in order to receive the Holy Spirit and the kingdom of God within. It doesn't come automatically.

The Holy Spirit only bares witness to God and Jesus.

Jesus repeated himself over and over again that those that believed in him believed he was the Son of the living God who was sent to fulfill the scriptures. Once you believe that, you then have the kingdom of God within.

edit on 6-1-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

So I have an unholy spirit, even though I truly follow Jesus' greatest commandment: love others as you love yourself? Even though I believe in him I will still be sent to suffer forever? How does that work?

So when Jesus told the Pharisees (the same ones he despised) that the kingdom of heaven was within them, he didn't really mean it? Pharisees were workers of Satan according to Jesus, so why would he say gods kingdom was within them?

Just because I believe in him in a different way than you shouldn't be a reason to send me to hell, or should it? If so, you need to reevaluate your worldview because it is a very narrow one.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

If so, you need to reevaluate your worldview because it is a very narrow one.

I wasn't the one who wrote the scripture on "narrow is the way", but I do follow it.

By the way, loving others wasn't the most important commandment. Loving God and Jesus were.

Matthew 22:36-37

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Matthew 10:37 (Jesus speaking)

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

So when Jesus told the Pharisees (the same ones he despised) that the kingdom of heaven was within them, he didn't really mean it? Pharisees were workers of Satan according to Jesus, so why would he say gods kingdom was within them?

Jesus knew that the Pharisees wouldn't even understand what he was talking about.

Without understanding, comes nothing.

It's only the Holy Spirit that brings understanding.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join