It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Approval for gene-modified salmon spawns controversy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Im pretty sure if you have been buying your salmon in most grocery stores, you have been eating GMO already, If it stated on the tiny label "Farm Raised" in bigger letters and "Color added" in smaller letters then you have already eaten it..Salmon was bread with another white fish that grew quickly but did not have that deep pink color, so they started adding the color in the feed to turn the meat pink..Its been on the market for a few years already. I only Buy Wild caught salmons. Huge difference in taste

Also to add. the dye used was banned in Europe because of retinal damage to human eyes, but they still used in in the US,.. Gota love the FDA

The Farm raised salmon was said to be a real salmon,, but it is not..And is and has been a threat to wild salmon.
edit on 1-1-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2013 by chagahunter because: oops...hit a wrong button. I ll try this again.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Here is the ugly truth. The world's population hit a point a while ago where the Earth cannot sustain us without artificial means.

As the populations keep booming, it will take more and more artificial means to supply the human population. It is an ugly truth that people need to accept.

I don't like gmo or preservatives or anything of that nature, but we have reached the point where most of us have little choice.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by chagahunter

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Im pretty sure if you have been buying your salmon in most grocery stores, you have been eating GMO already, If it stated on the tiny label "Farm Raised" in bigger letters and "Color added" in smaller letters then you have already eaten it..Salmon was bread with another white fish that grew quickly but did not have that deep pink color, so they started adding the color in the feed to turn the meat pink..Its been on the market for a few years already. I only Buy Wild caught salmons. Huge difference in taste

Also to add. the dye used was banned in Europe because of retinal damage to human eyes, but they still used in in the US,.. Gota love the FDA

The Farm raised salmon was said to be a real salmon,, but it is not..And is and has been a threat to wild salmon.
edit on 1-1-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2013 by chagahunter because: oops...hit a wrong button. I ll try this again.

I don t believe it was gmo but it was farm raised and fed lots of antibiotics and unnatural food. Of course it could have
been as why would they tell us the truth. These farmed fish do hae a negative impact on wild fish. This was proved
years ago in Europe. Huge difference in taste and texture, as well as nutrition. Wild salmon is one the best sources
of Omega 3 oil which is very important for brain health. It also is a great source of astaxanthin, which is an antioxidant
that can protect eye health. This antioxidant is what gives the salmon its deep color and it s strength to jump up
rivers and waterfalls. No color, no antioxidant , no health benefit ! Isn t tht what Monsanto is all about ?
They say the gmo salmon will be sterile, but can you believe that. What if they mix with wild salmon ? And if they make
the gmo salmon the same color as wild salmon it will be difficult to tell which one you have caught. Until you tast it !
I love Wild Salmon too!
Use to live on Vancouver Island.
And cows are fed gm bovine growth hormone.
And we are already being genetically modified with pesticides, fungicides, hebicides,pasteurized, homogenized,
genetically modified, artificially colored, flavored food plus additives, excito toxins, chemicals, heavy metals, immunizations, etc. This is altering are DNA and shortening the telemeres on our chromosomes and we are passing on this mutation to our children, It s called Epigenetics. Ever wonder why human babies are so helpless for so long
unlike other mammals in the wild? Are we devolving ?
I might have got off topic a bit
Was this a rant?

running with the wolves

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Here is the ugly truth. The world's population hit a point a while ago where the Earth cannot sustain us without artificial means.

Could you source that claim please?
2nd

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I understand that you truly believe this, but I think the even uglier truth is that this assumption was based off of our technical knowledge decades ago, and the assumption carries on, long after we've learned otherwise.

For instance, aquaponics could very well keep us all sustained without having to resort to GM. Plenty of studies in have been done in which the data challenges the notion that GM crops result in higher yields.

I think the ugy truth is really that there isn't enough resources being invested in more natural solutions for sustainable agriculture. If we focused on: permaculture, hydroponics, aquaponics, and reducing our consumption of meat, GM wouldn't be necessary.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

As the populations keep booming, it will take more and more artificial means to supply the human population. It is an ugly truth that people need to accept.

I don't like gmo or preservatives or anything of that nature, but we have reached the point where most of us have little choice.
But that doesnt mean we should accept Foods that can harm us, It has become clear that GMO foods cause cancers Like the Wheats and Corns. Foods have been created to be addictive,, so people consume more.. Population is a concern but not the reason for this lab created junk.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I agree with you. There are lots of studies. The majority of gm corn and soy go to feed sick cows and pigs,
which makes them even sicker and then we eat them (well, not me I m raw vegan , now ) and we get sicker.

running with the wolves

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Maxmars, I don't know it took me so long to realize this but you make some of the best threads on ATS!

Regarding the article...damn... not enough controversy!

Why mess with mother nature like that?
I'm just so happy i'm vegetarian, but I worry about those that are not.
Well I worry for myself too since many veggie foods are becoming GMO too, and to me that just sucks!!!

I'll be making a thread within a few hours, the wife got something in the oven, my first
, and you won't believe what's bad for a preggo woman!!!

Star n Flagged and Good Luck every1!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

There is always a choice, it just takes a little effort and research. If you don t want preservatives stay away from
boxes, jars, and cans of junk food. Eat whole foods and wash pesticides off. Grow your own , even in pots in your
house instead of ornamental plants. Lots of wild edible , nutritious , weeds outside your door. Grow sprouts, very
nutritious, inexpensive, easy , no hard labor and takes up very little space
All this info is on the net. Lots of
choices, just takes initiative and the motivation to change. Nothing changes if nothing changes. A journey starts
with one step.

running with the wolves

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I understand how you feel , I m raw vegan. At least , so far , monsanto has been able to gm yams and sweet potatoes.
They reject the virus. Good to know! Congratulations to you and your wife!! Babies are miracles

running with the wolves

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I agree wholeheartedly with your signature. Fluoride IS a poison !!!! I am a dental hygienist and holistic nutritionist, just got certified in nutrition. I have done the research and warn everyone to stay away from fluoride!

running with the wolves

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hey, just thumbs up for the article title, eh?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Awesome, so Farm Reared Salmon will possibly taste Even Worse than they do at the moment. Personally, i'd never buy any fish that was born and reared in this way. they taste disgusting due to their diet.

Catch a wild one and taste the difference!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join