It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Year's Resolution that will change your life :)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I come to you all with a request. It is my desire that everyone that sees this picks The Resolution up and does it no matter what. It costs nothing, and it involves a simple choice every time that you can remember it.

Smile more. That's it. Smile more. Yes, I'm serious. Smile more.
If you think you're misunderstanding, trust me, you're not. Smile more.

www.forbes.com...

www.livestrong.com...

www.scientificamerican.com...

www.sciencedaily.com...

thinksimplenow.com...

science.howstuffworks.com...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.positivityblog.com...

There is an untapped power that is rooted in biology that we fail to utilize. We are not so bound by our evolutionary conditioning so much as it is bound by "us" or the I. We can utilize the tools of our origins in order to assist in creating a fulfilling and bountiful life. By smiling, even when not "genuine", we are instructing our brains that we are happy. Studies have shown that the process is not necessarily bound in: Brain is happy --> Smile occurs. The opposite is true just as well. Smile ---> Brain is happy.
We can actively choose to transform our mood.

Think about this proposition for a second. You and I now have the power to find the one thing that humans search for in this life. We have the power to choose happiness. So, why not?

Because I'm sad.

Put a smile on it.

Because I'm angry

Put a smile on it.

Because life isn't going my way.

Put a smile on it.

Put a smile on all of these situations and tell me things don't begin to get better. Make it habitual. Whenever you find that you are not smiling, throw one on. I promise you, this is a choice that you're making that transcends boundaries that you may not be able to comprehend at the moment. Still, I promise you that you will change your life and the lives of those around you. You aura will overflow, and people will draw strength from your demeanor. Smile and bear it, and then eventually you will smile and triumph.

Smile.
Allow those around you to be at ease in your presence.
Smile.
Allow yourself to feel beautiful.
Smile.
Allow the stress to wash away and dissipate in the face of the choice you made to be happy.

Smile:
I am happy
Smile:
I am great
Smile:
I will see this through
Smile:
I did it, and I made it.

Smile, Smile, Smile
in 2013: Smile

Remember: Smile whenever you find yourself not smiling. You will find yourself happier. You will find that other people enjoy your company. You will find that things will inexplicably travel in the directions in which you desire.

One last thing...

Don't forget to smile.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The power of a smile is magical, not only makes you feel better but also makes others feel good.. I try to smile to at least one stranger a day.. you would be amazed at the results.. everyone should try it..
S and f op.. great suggestion..
edit on 31-12-2012 by misscurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Resonate/Vibrate on a positive Frequency for better interactions with others and better health. Nice

NAMASTE*******

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Great advice for most people.

My smile just looks creepy though, I end up looking like I'm scowling, plus I'm British, so y'know, bad teeth. I think it makes people more comfortable if I don't smile.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Lovely message and a great goal for us all.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I work at a corporate restaurant. I was written-up(three write-ups equals a suspension) for not smiling enough. They want you to be a dishonest robot. Sorry, but the whole smile theory is just dumb to me. I'll be honest instead.

Oh, here's a smile

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo

My smile just looks creepy though, I end up looking like I'm scowling, plus I'm British, so y'know, bad teeth. I think it makes people more comfortable if I don't smile.

An internal smile still resonates from within to those around you.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
I work at a corporate restaurant. I was written-up(three write-ups equals a suspension) for not smiling enough. They want you to be a dishonest robot. Sorry, but the whole smile theory is just dumb to me. I'll be honest instead.

Oh, here's a smile

Don't think its meant to be like fake your feelings and just smile. More like try to keep a positive tone to your over all persona to effect your frequency output that can effect others and yourself.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo

Lol.. the old teeth stereotype..

If your smile is genuine it won't appear creepy.. your energy will produce the smile others will pick up on.. plus subtle body language cues especially in the facial muscles are what people really pick up on, not just the shape of the mouth..
Smile and the world will smile with you..

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Oh, here's a smile

But on the other hand there s nothing worse than a miserable waiter in a restaurant.. you were obviously in the wrong profession..

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I don't trust people who smile all the time. It's like they're masking something. I get paid to be a smiling robot, so I smile then, but once I get off work I can be a genuine, honest human being again.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

makes sense ima try it out even though i hate new years relolutions

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
But what if my soda addiction has given me a severe case of the redneck teeth and while I do brush a minimum of twice a day and use mouthwash regularly it really doesn't look that way?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by misscurious

Oh, here's a smile

But on the other hand there s nothing worse than a miserable waiter in a restaurant.. you were obviously in the wrong profession..

Ug! I'm in the right profession. I like being a bartender. What I don't like are guests who expect a fake smile so they can continue to look at us as robots instead of actual human beings.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I don't trust people who smile all the time. It's like they're masking something. I get paid to be a smiling robot, so I smile then, but once I get off work I can be a genuine, honest human being again.

I totally understand you that is why I responded the way I did. No you shouldn't have to put on a fake face or emotion and 1 is by no way recommending any run around just smiling away
but I do however see the benefits in remaining positive and sharing good vibes in your daily interactions with others. It does also help the mind to re focus if needed on things that may keep a being resonating on a lower frequency, do to them taking their head out of the negative ostrich hole and actually breathing some peace into their lives as to appreciate some of it. More then they may be. So I understand your point.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anundeniabletruth
But what if my soda addiction has given me a severe case of the redneck teeth and while I do brush a minimum of twice a day and use mouthwash regularly it really doesn't look that way?

EYEs smile ever seen the connection between a female and male who met for the first time and haven't even spoken. As another member mentioned its body language related as well. A combination of how you carry yourself ect. So do what's best for you that makes you smile.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

People are just bizzare about smiling. It's just like misscurious and her assumption that I'm miserable because I'm not smiling. How superficial is that? I have more than two emotions.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

A smile is a complex process of muscles in our face, we are programmed since birth to recognise these subtle cues.. a genuine smile will always make others smile. A fake smile can be seen a mile off, those people are masking something and we recognise it instantly..

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

haha you poor brits and your bad teeth ! Smile anyways, those who receive it will think you are ultra-confident in not letting your bad teeth get you down

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

People are just bizzare about smiling. It's just like misscurious and her assumption that I'm miserable because I'm not smiling. How superficial is that? I have more than two emotions.

It's not superficial.. its just not nice being served by miserable people in restaurants or bars.. I won't return to these places, I prefer to go somewhere where there is a warm welcome.. its actually simple human nature and evolution, we like people who make us feel safe and warm and avoid those that don't..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join