It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea EMP attack could destroy U.S. — now

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This already happened completely in a wonderful game for PC.

if anyone wants freaky chills and to play as a member of the u.s. militia instead of as a member of military definitely pick up this game

North Korea invades U.S. following EMP

Future History timeline

Homefront Video Game plot and info: en.wikipedia.org...

caused some controversy when the trailer first appeared on Youtube, cause it appeared as a Breaking News "Viral Marketing" that at first tricked a lot of people into believing the viral marketing clips were real.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cito

It's the 2:00 minute mark of the video that gives me chills in relation to the 'satellite' North Korea just launched into orbit.

Sure there may be a lot of propaganda against North Korea but it shouldn't dull our awareness of the possibility of an EMP from them or any capable country. I don't think anything preemptive is necessary against North Korea but it would be ignorance and arrogance on our behalf if we didn't harden our electrical system from such an attack.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Here is another "Easter Egg" from the video game that will also give you chills

Imagine if the Homefront video game was real

Here is the Pledge of Allegiance in schools after occupation from Homefront game "easter egg"

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
If anything, Nth Korea would be the frontline against countries such as Sth Korea and Japan. I don't think they would have the balls to attack the USA unless they are on one massive death wish.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
well i'll be safe here in Scotland! Ya'll have fun blowing each other off the map

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   
The problem with an EMP attack might not just be 9 out of 10 Americans dead within a year, it might be all the US nuclear power plants melting down after losing back up power a week later. The 9 out of 10 dead is a number from US sources. The large transformers that take a year or 2 to build I heard are made in China.

Are there any electrical experts here? If NK exploded 2 hydrogen bombs over both the east and west coasts, would our power grid go down for a whole year? I was wondering if power could be restored faster than a year or if our grid had emergency power generation capability to get things moving faster.

Could we stop our nuclear plants from melting down with a nationwide EMP attack? If not, would the radiation from melt downs increase radiation enough around the world to kill almost everyone? This is assuming our nuclear subs wouldn't nuke NK to ashes and create another radioactive cloud circling the globe.
edit on 6/9/17 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
So just how long have people been hiding under the table waiting for the kimmis to kill us all.

This is hilarious, just keep hiding under the table every time you hear a bang.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I searched for a thread on an EMP attack. I've read US estimates indicate 90% dead if we lose power for a whole year. The reason I brought this thread back was because I was wondering if any experts know or can say if an EMP attack would be really that bad. I was wondering if nuclear power plants would not lose power or not lose back up power or if the national power grid could be restored pretty fast in the event of an EMP attack. I've heard an EMP attack could be that bad. I'm wondering if any experts here think an EMP attack wouldn't cause a year long power loss or no problems at nuclear facilities. It would be reassuring to hear we could get the national power grid running sporadically within a month and that we would have no meltdowns.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
As bad as a nuclear plant melt down would be i believe the US has enough airlift to bring in standby generators and fuel to cool down the reactors.
For reactors on the coast they could bring in navy ships to supply power for cool down.
A 1 mw generator can run the cooling system for a reactor and you could carry two on a C5 aircraft.
public-blog.nrc-gateway.gov...

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED
Thanks for the answer. That is reassuring. I don't know why I thought military aircraft wouldn't work. They probably hardened a lot of military equipment to survive EMP.

I wonder if we have a work around to get electricity flowing without using these large transformers that take 2 years to build? Maybe a mobile power station? I know of a company making mobile power equipment but I don't know if it could substitute for these large transformers I've heard that would get destroyed in a large EMP attack or mega solar flare.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Alternative4u

OH thank GOD, I am getting SICK, waiting amongst these DAMN mamby pamby CIVILIANS...LETS ROCK!

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

FINE...I'll stay HERE and keep TRYING not to get BANNED again...waiting for the rare JIHADIST in vain...

MAYBE IRAN .
The DOD has kept them off the plate for many presidents ,BUT NOW?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: jhn7537

FINE...I'll stay HERE and keep TRYING not to get BANNED again...waiting for the rare JIHADIST in vain...

MAYBE IRAN .
The DOD has kept them off the plate for many presidents ,BUT NOW?

We could just send the Jihadists to North Korea, Make a muslim bomb so to speak, kill two birds with one stone.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Cito

I think that all of this Korea stuff is just a distraction to keep us away from what we should be looking at.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join