It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Years resolutions.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Yes? No?

Did you follow through on any last year? Care to share yours for 2013?

Mine are pretty simple....

1. The usual "get back in shape"
Have a few pounds to shift which starts today. Have organized my food and training programme, 3 stone in 3 months is the goal.

2. To write more. Letters to loved ones have slipped somewhat, so i'll give more time to giving them nice handwritten letters to pick up off the doormat rather than bills.

3. Set more goals for all parts of my life, business, family, health, finance, the home. Keep a check on them regularly and follow through with them.

4. The last one is regarding ATS. I would like to hold back a lot longer before replying to threads. Sometimes i tend to post without taking the time to really consider the bigger picture. Especially if i disagree with another member's opinion or attitude. Even the biggest jerk can be right at times, so i need to remember this.

Whatever you are planning for 2013, have a great one and i wish you all the best of health and good times for you and your loved ones next year.

Keep smiling,

CX.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Last year my resolution was to spend more time with my father- and I have!

This year I shall resolve to take more time for myself. It is sorely needed!

I wish you luck in your quest to get in shape- a difficult resolution indeed!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
New Year’s resolutions are a joke. It’s an overrated event and if you need to as your catalyst to get into shape or whatever then you’ve got problems. Keep it going regardless of the change of year.

CX

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlindBastards
New Year’s resolutions are a joke. It’s an overrated event and if you need to as your catalyst to get into shape or whatever then you’ve got problems. Keep it going regardless of the change of year.

Thanks for the reply....so you're in the "no" group" then

*Puts item No 4 on my list into action.*

I wouldn't say it's overrated, just a nice time to make some changes, new year, new start and all that.

CX.

CX

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by CX

Last year my resolution was to spend more time with my father- and I have!

This year I shall resolve to take more time for myself. It is sorely needed!

I wish you luck in your quest to get in shape- a difficult resolution indeed!

Thats great! Yes some "me time" is definitely a good one to work on.

CX.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Excellent article on setting goals:
Consider Not Setting Goals In 2013

The upside of goal setting has been exaggerated for years and the downside, the “systematic harm caused by goal setting,” has been almost completely disregarded.

edit on 1/1/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cinrad
Excellent article on setting goals:
Consider Not Setting Goals In 2013

The upside of goal setting has been exaggerated for years and the downside, the " systematic harm caused by goal setting,” has been almost completely disregarded.

edit on 1/1/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

Agree, very good article.

Goal setting DOES work for many people though, including me.

Yes i have an eventual goal in mind, but i also write down the obstacles that i envisage hindering my path to the goal, then i write down how to overcome these obstacles. Then i set short term, easily do-able goals to make sure the task is not as huge as the end goal sounds.

If i want to write a book, the end goal of a whole book seems massive to me. If i chunk it down though, set myself short term goals of a chapter a month, making sure i've allowed myself time each day to write (one of the obstacles that could hinder me), and keep an eye on these goals each week....in a year i could easily achieve my goal.

Thanks for the article though, i can appreciate how it can apply in some cases.

CX.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

My only one is a handwritten letter and I have failed that.

CX

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by CX

My only one is a handwritten letter and I have failed that.

How have you failed that? Was your resolution to write one to someone? You can still do it any time you want can't you?

CX.

top topics

join