It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteors Falling From the Sky!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

This is my first thread.

I wanted to share a terrifying dream I had last night.

I was outside at a place full of people. It was daytime, but then suddenly the sky got dark and meteors started falling from the sky, hitting the Earth. People were running all over the place in panic, cars on the highway were wrecking, and all hell was breaking loose around me!

I couldn't get the people I was with to leave. I wanted to go home to check on my family so I started walking.
I made it to the door of my house and was about to open it when I looked up to see a meteor coming down above me! I woke up at this point.

It was around 1:30 a.m. when I woke up. I was so terrified I couldn't go back to sleep all night. This dream was more real than any I've had in a long time!

I see a lot of disaster dreams on this forum. Has anyone else had dreams of meteors hitting the Earth?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
You lot just cannot leave it alone, can you!

ENOUGH!

There is no doomsday, get over it and try to think of peace and flowers instead of death and decay.

Find something else apart from death and mysery to devote your attention to, and do the rest of us a favour.

I think this IS the dream forum, right? Well, I had a dream that I want to find out about! Get lost if you don't want to read it. I can't help what I dream. I'm here looking for answers, not rude people!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

thats a bit harsh...
op was only explaining a dream ..
lighten up

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Mindless1980

First of all id like to welcome you to ATS and hope you enjoy it!

Thank's for sharing a experience you had from your dream, I also had a strange dream couple of days ago but I've never had a dream like this as i wish i had because the dreams i have i sometimes keep falling into sleep paralysis
You can read more at my thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

reply to post by MysterX

Do you mind? He is SHARING a EXPERIENCE he had in a DREAM.

Respect it or Don't bother replying.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by cantsee4looking
reply to post by MysterX

thats a bit harsh...
lighten up

Thanks, Cantsee4looking.

This dream really scared me! I looked through the threads, but most of what is posted is about earthquakes, tornadoes, and volcanoes. I was wondering if anyone has had any about meteors?

It helps to discuss this with others who may have had a similar dream. I hope this wasn't prophetic!
edit on 31-12-2012 by Mindless1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

Thank you. I'll give your thread a read later. Right now I think I'll go lie down. I've been up all night because I couldn't go back to sleep because of being upset by the dream. My brain is about fried, so maybe I can get some rest now.
I just hope I don't have any more dreams like that one!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

It's a shame that the technology hasn't been released yet that would allow us to record our dreams. Sounds like yours are the stuff that good summer release blockbuster action/adventure movies are made of! Maybe your subconscious is giving you a movie plot- start writing the script while it's still fresh in your mind, and remember us "little people" when you become a rich screenwriter!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

You're right.

Well, I have it recorded here for now. I've had dreams about UFOs a few times that seemed very real, but this one was a mind-blower!

I'll come back here when I get rich and famous to ask your address so I can share my wealth with you.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

You're a fearmongerer, attempting to spread yet more fear of impending doom from the skies, in a very similar manner to the thousands of others of your ilk that have been doing the same thing for more than a decade...that ultimately had people wasting their life savings, time and energies preparing for 'the end'.

Which as we know, was seen in many 'dreams', and described in it's depressing detail by many people..none of it real, none of it remotely accurate, and most of it deliberate fearmingering for purposes of wealth creation, instilling fear in people and causing people to act irrationally.

5 minutes later, here you are with 'your dream'...a dream not concerned with flying magically through the skies like a bird, or of a paradise, or of an adventurous voyage or journey, of a romantic encounter with a beautiful partner, of...anything remotely positive...your dream is yet another apocalyptic scenario, death and destruction, fear and panic, and again from the skies.

You wated to 'share' your wonderful dream, i've told you what i think of it.

If you don't like it, don't post yet more fearmongering on public boards that invite comment from readers...simple.

You claim 'it's not your fault what you dream about...no, but you do have control what you post about on these boards don't you?

I agree with your right to post what you like, but i would expect that same right to be extended to others who are sick to the back teeth of hearing about prophetic dreams of apocalyptic, death filled happenings posted everywhere online about 2012...you just couldn't wait to start with this BS leading into 2013 could you!

I wasn't being rude, i was being direct...you'd be left in no doubt if i was actually being rude to you mate.

I suggest you learn the difference.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

Get off your high horse.

If i don't respect a position or an opinion, i should just get lost without stating my own position?

Is that the way your principles work?

If so, you are far removed from your name, that's for sure.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by cantsee4looking
reply to post by MysterX

thats a bit harsh...
lighten up

It may have seemed harsh, but wasn't meant with malice.

It's purely an exclamation of my utter contempt for 'doomsday prophesy' and so-called (astoundingly incorrectly i might add) 'prophetic dreams'.

The OP wanted to share his or her POV on such matters and so did i.

Public forum...remember?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
First off, love reading of dreams, as well as reviewing my own. Last season this dream started out creatively like others. This boat pulled up in front of our home. I live on a canal off the Gulf of Mexico. A mental urging told me it was time to go and to board, so I did, somehow knowing there was no returning.

As we stared moving, I wanted my wife along and so leapt ashore, rolling on the grass and running back for her. The boat or whatever it was was again in front of the home waiting as we both boarded, but we were told not to bring pets, the animals would be ok.

Now to the meteors, the boat took off, really took off as it flew up and very quickly went over mountains and into the dark side of earth. Looking back, I watched the earth lighting up with thousands of explosions which I believed to be meteors. We were dropped off to finish our journey on foot, but did i not get any information other than this.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Originally posted by MysterX

If you don't like it, don't post yet more fearmongering on public boards that invite comment from readers...simple.

If you don't like it, don't read it. Leave.... simple!

You claim 'it's not your fault what you dream about...no, but you do have control what you post about on these boards don't you?

You have control about what you choose to read, don't you?

I suggest you learn the difference.

I suggest you take a hike. I will not be giving your trolling a** any more attention on this thread.

Have a good day.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing, OP
Personally, I have never had this type of disaster dream; mine usually involved tsunamis and earthquakes, which have started up again after a relatively long period of a couple or a few years. Do you lucid dream at all? I ask because my "disaster" dreams tend to be like lucid dreams and seem more real, more eerily prophetic than other dreams, and was wondering if this dream felt different than your other dreams.

While this dream is still fresh in your mind, can you give any other details of this dream? Were you in a familiar place or was this place familiar to you only in your dream? Any indication of time of year or time of day or any "clues" about what may have preceded this (i.e., personal upcoming life events, holidays, etc.)? Sometimes paying close attention to these things can put your dream into perspective and make the difference between a dream seeming prophetic or just being a nightmare.

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sailormon

Thanks for sharing, sailormon.

I read some dreams a few members were having back in the spring before I joined ATS, but I haven't seen any lately about meteors. Maybe some others will come on and let me know, if they are.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mountaingirl1111
Thanks for sharing, OP
Personally, I have never had this type of disaster dream; mine usually involved tsunamis and earthquakes, which have started up again after a relatively long period of a couple or a few years. Do you lucid dream at all? I ask because my "disaster" dreams tend to be like lucid dreams and seem more real, more eerily prophetic than other dreams, and was wondering if this dream felt different than your other dreams.

While this dream is still fresh in your mind, can you give any other details of this dream? Were you in a familiar place or was this place familiar to you only in your dream? Any indication of time of year or time of day or any "clues" about what may have preceded this (i.e., personal upcoming life events, holidays, etc.)? Sometimes paying close attention to these things can put your dream into perspective and make the difference between a dream seeming prophetic or just being a nightmare.

Thanks!

No, I don't think this was a lucid dream. If so, I would have been able to get my friends to leave with me. But it sure felt "real" enough! Most of my dreams are just about crazy stuff. This one did feel prophetic... very intense! That's why I'm here... to see if anyone else is having dreams of this nature.

Yes, I was in a familiar place.

It was warm outside because I had on short sleeves. So maybe spring, or summer? It was daylight when the dream started, but then turned dark just before the meteors started falling from the sky.
I was just hanging out with some friends, and they were bringing me home. They had to stop at this place for something, and that's where it turned dark, and the meteors started falling, cars wrecking, panic! I couldn't get them to leave so I could check on my family. So I started walking.... well, that part is in my opening page.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I really enjoy reading about other people's dreams, but I think the only one capable of interpreting it is the dreamer. That being said, I'm also going to suggest that the majority of 'disaster' dreams denotes to some drama in the dreamer's personal life and not geared toward the greater society.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I'd say you're trolling mate...i offered my opinion on your so-called dream.

All you can offer in rebuttle to my points is to leave.

I don't agree with animal cruelty or prophetic doomsday type spew, so according to your logic, if i see an animal being tortured or brutalised...because i don't like it, i should simply...leave and ignore it..is that what you would do if you didn't agree with or had strong feeling about something?

I will however bow out of your thread, such as it is...i've said what i wanted to say, and if it wasn't for your plastic indignity keeping on engaging me in twaddle, i would have already left muttering to myself.

I will say one more thing though...sweet dreams, although somehow, i doubt it.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Well, lucid dreaming isn't just about control, because you can't always steer them the way you want. I think it is more about the understanding that you know you are dreaming. This knowledge is important in a dream because if you are aware that you are dreaming and can't change it, it seems to mean more, like you are MEANT to see certain things in the dream. Do you understand what I mean? Also, when you are seeing things in a lucid dream that are illogical and know you should not be seeing them, you usually are able to alter the direction of the dream to make it make more sense. When you can't and are stuck on something, despite knowing "it can't be real" or "this is just a dream", it could mean more.

I have lucid dreamed my entire life without ever trying or practicing techniques, so I'm asking you these questions because it helps make sense of things some times. When I asked about time of day, sometimes there are indications, such as clocks, people having lunch, etc. Sometimes prophetic dreams have these little clues & more, which help to define the dream & give important info. It's not that I didn't read through your dream thoroughly, it's just that I find it helpful to question myself about certain details, since I might not have remembered some things right away that may or may not be important. For example, if you keep having disaster dreams or any kind of dream that would revolve around summer time & say, the time of 3:00 (just giving a random time), it may mean more if you keep dreaming about a certain time of year & time of a day, without any other reason to. To me, all details of a dream are important and should be put in perspective, especially in dreams such as yours

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join