It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Pennsylvania "Professor", Anthea Butler: gun advocates have a fear of Black mobs.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

At :25, "Also its about the fear of not having enough guns if the Brown people or the Black people rise up and come and get you"...

I'm in complete SHOCK, near speechless. And from a so called "professor", really? DISGUSTING.

First of all, who or what is a "Brown" person??? Lets divide people some more.

Lady, we're worried about black HELICOPTERS, capiche?

There was a time in American history when Black people could not own guns. They had no means of self defense. As a matter of fact, Bobby Seale, who formed the Black Panthers, demanded his RIGHT to own a gun.

Enough with the racism. Gun ownership, the means to protect ourselves, is a fundamental right shared by the HUMAN race.

edit on 31-12-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Sounds to me like she is the one with the fear.

What crap, and i wonder what study she gathered her
information from? Because i am sure it was not a
open and bias study.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Study? Bless you for being so generous. Just sounds like a disgusting opinion to me.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

i have to agree there.
Sad its 2013 almost and we still have this crap going
on. I guess maybe in a generation things will move
beyond this crud.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
There's a world of difference between black people and people dressed in black.
How would she know what white people worry about?
Why would any one "rise up" in the first place?
Against who or what?
Without some context here the entire quote seems meaningless.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Sadly these older black people seem to be stuck in time along with alot of older whites in the cold war era. They tend to perceive the world as it was pre civil rights era. Just like whites romanticize the 50's. They are always so worried about the puppet not the puppet master. So if a bunch of black people dud rise up who are you going to kill a bunch of poor whites that are your neighbors? Cause you sure ain't got the balls to go after the billionaires CEO's and lobbyists that have decimated this country. This woman is lost like so many other older black activists who partied when Obama got in like their dreams came true and what they worked for panned out when in all reality its worse for everybody here in America as the puppetmaster does his will.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This sounds like a ploy by the anti-gun lobby to turn guns into a racial issue in hopes of getting better traction, and making all gun owners into racists. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if she was paid to do this.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
First of all, who or what is a "Brown" person???

People either from or who's family are from southern Asia. India, Pakistan, etc.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I couldn't help but notice the overlay on the screen about Mental Health Policy.
It sounds to me as if this professor is one of those afflicted with mental disorders.
Most of "us" don't care what ethnicity or "color" an angry mob of home invaders is comprised of.

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

And this comes at a time when black and whites both are secure with each other like never before.

The hoped for race war is not going to happen.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I don't think it matters where you fall on the gun debate issue, this has to be the worst argument so far; for or against. There will always be racism, always. That doesn't mean that the normal (imho racism is abnormal, defective behavior) people out there have to be taken hostage by it. I don't know, this just seems absurd. Maybe she's only known some pretty shady white people in her time. Maybe I've just had the benefit of only being victim of racism that's more akin to "trolling" than actual hateful, violent (not that racism has to be violent to qualify as hateful and disgusting) racism.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
"gun advocates have a fear of Black mobs"

Not concerned with the color of the mob...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Whoa now, know your history before you go blowing a gasket. Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean you can totally blow off what they said. Have you seen the propaganda that was blatant back in the day? I bring it up because that's the mindset your parents and grandparents had. And it's those same ideals that went into raising you. Not ALL of them, but too much of the majority. Hell, back in the day the reason that cops advocated for higher caliber bullets was to stop "black men high on coc aine" so don't go around acting like this supposed "fear of the black man" doesn't exist because it was perpetuated by the mainstream back in the day (and that's not directed at you, but your parents and grandparents). And if i had a quarter everytime a white woman grab her purse because i had walked by, i'd be rich. That same "white woman" is who she is addressing. Not you necessarily but that "one" that thinks all black folks are thugs or gangsters.

I don't agree with what she is saying, however she is echoing sentiments that have been said within the black community for decades.

Here, i'll have a white guy break it down

If you watch the whole interview (like i did) you'll notice how quite and uncomfortable the other 3 white guys are about this topic of conversation. That's the heart of the matter i believe. How is it that a person of a different ethnic group can commit a crime or an act (muslims for example) and the "public" (for a lack of better terms even though white america makes up over 60% of the population) including the media have no problems attaching a stigmata to the whole group where as a white person can commit an equally heinous crime (Oklahoma city bombing) and that one person is labeled as a nut without associating "labels" attached to the mainstream?

But i will say this... When the DC Sniper was caught we weren't inundated with cheap talk about the black community, there is a silver lining.

So in summary because i know there are those on ATS that lack comprehension skill and are unable to read between the lines, i don't agree with what she is said but i understand why she is saying it.

Deny Ignorance ain't just a cool slogan people.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Ah, yes, the old "you want a gun because you're a racist" line.

No, what I'm worried about are the white methheads down the road a bit, but, of course, what good is listening to people and considering the facts when you can just scream random slander and hysteria.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
No, gun advocates have a fear of not having guns when a black mob approaches. Or a white mob. Or a green mob.

Oh wait, I forgot. It's always about race. My bad.... lol

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Ever notice how experts aren't anymore?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I didn't know Jaba-The-Hut was so racist against white people.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

All tru man and well put. Even now they are talking about the inner cities problems and the problem with people coming over the border and also some of the blatant racist drivel spewed and applaudd over the last FEW years since I have been a member of ATS. Of course when the slurs and insults come from the opposite direction and the objectified minority treturns the insults everyone is OUTRAGED???

Well I call BS

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Well, as a person who strives to be as colorblind as is possible in this divisive world we live in, I was very disturbed by this video. The University of Pennsylvania is a publicly funded university and their website has a "Contact us" tab.

I wrote a strong protest about her being allowed to teach in a publicly funded university with these kinds of blatantly racist comments being made. I suggest everyone who reads this do the same. It is not right that we are allowing our children to be instructed by someone with such an obvious hatred for people simply based on what color they are.

I find good and bad to be found in all flavors, and it is time we call out those who would see us divided by color. The time for that is over, and we need to get past it as a species who all live in the same world and all have the same basic needs. Hatred not being one of them.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
For anyone that wasnt around then, wasnt paying attention whatever back durring the Clinton gun bill days there was this same sort of talk going around....about whites gearing up in fear, that the 2nd amendment move was mostly a race reaction.

All this was fixed to get folks mind off the governments anti gun moves. It also worked to give the government the better position as protector of the "people". Another effect was making the patriot movement at the time look like a bunch of jim bobs rather than any real pro constitutional movement.

So this is nothing new and the timing is just right. Seen it all before.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join