It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy New Year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
It is 11:51 on New years eve here in New Zealand as I am typing this .
I just wanted to wish the ATS family all the best for the new year

I hope that you will all have peace, love and harmony in your life in 2013

edit on 31-12-2012 by pillock because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Happy New Year to you and yours.

did you know, that 2013 is the first time since 1987 where the year has 4 different numbers in.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Thank you! And Happy New Year's to you too!
here are some fun facts about this holiday.

New Year is the oldest of all holidays, as it was first observed in ancient Babylon as many as 4000 years ago.

Celebrating New Year on January 1 is purely arbitrary, as neither it has agricultural significance nor astronomical. Many countries still celebrate it in spring, the season of rebirth of new crops.

The Roman senate declared January 1 as the New Year in 153 BC. Though even this date saw major tampering, it was Julius Caesar who again declared January 1 in Julian calendar as the New Year, in 46 BC.

New Years is still observed as the Feast of Christ's Circumcision by some denominations. In various South American countries like Bolivia, Ecuador or Brazil, there is this tradition that has to due with yellow underwear. This means that you have to wear it immediately after midnight as it seems that yellow brings good luck. All women in Mexico who want to find their love in the new year have to wear red underwear.

Weird New Year's Facts

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
happy new year pillock! i love your username!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

Thanks

I decided to use pillock back in the BBS days when everyone was pretending to be bad ass with dark demonic handles , I thought they were all dips#its so I went the other way

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Not a happy New Year for me, but I wish you all a new year with much love and laughter and everything wonderful!

top topics

join