It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Events: More Media Lies Exposed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sconner755

I'm not making accusations. I'm pointing out media inaccuracies. All of the threads that I have created here since i have joined ATS have been well thought out and have NEVER been done in bad taste. If you don't have anything relevant to say than please refrain from commenting.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

I know that you like to pick my posts a part like a vulture after every scrap of meat. I'll make one tiny correction and say the MEDIA lied and not her, ok, I said her without thinking about that part. But, I posted this in the media forum for a reason and there are clear inaccuracies. "Voket arrived about 20 minutes later and colleague Hicks “passed the baton” to him. Hicks also is a volunteer firefighter. The firehouse is next to the school. “I literally put on my firefighter gear . . . I was there as a firefighter probably for not even more than 20 minutes before my editor said he wanted me back in the office to work with him to coordinate coverage from there.”

• Voket continued reporting, but “We operate a little differently because our job is to take care of the community so we were inside helping to comfort victims and trying to provide human support without necessarily making reporting the No. 1 priority. The publisher came down to comfort some of the families a little later in the day.” R. Scudder Smith has been Bee publisher since 1973; he is the fourth member of his family to run The Bee since they founded it in 1877. The paper, which has a full-time editorial staff of eight, circulates to about two-thirds of the community of about 29,000."

Source 

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'd just hope the ATS members here who live in or near Newtown, Ct and likely KNOW Shannon Hicks don't relay anything about this thread existing to her. It sounds like that woman would fit squarely into the category of First Responder that will have issues with this for the rest of her life. By those reports, she saw more than any human being ever should in this life. A nightmare come to life.

Do these threads with wild accusations EVER stop?

On this sad note, I'm going to bed. Enough for one night.

Very well said. Enough is enough.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Right... I should just stop questioning media sources and my governments official version of any event that has, and ever will happen. I'll just put my tinfoil hat back on and go get some anti-depressants or something and watch some re-runs of Oprah...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

You're highlightings things that happened on a chaotic and confusing and horrifying day. I used to be a local journalist and let me tell you that if I'd been covering that day there would have been a lot of inconsistencies in my copy as well!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by theAnswer1111

I know that you like to pick my posts a part like a vulture after every scrap of meat. I'll make one tiny correction and say the MEDIA lied and not her, ok, I said her without thinking about that part. But, I posted this in the media forum for a reason and there are clear inaccuracies. "Voket arrived about 20 minutes later and colleague Hicks “passed the baton” to him. Hicks also is a volunteer firefighter. The firehouse is next to the school. “I literally put on my firefighter gear . . . I was there as a firefighter probably for not even more than 20 minutes before my editor said he wanted me back in the office to work with him to coordinate coverage from there.”

• Voket continued reporting, but “We operate a little differently because our job is to take care of the community so we were inside helping to comfort victims and trying to provide human support without necessarily making reporting the No. 1 priority. The publisher came down to comfort some of the families a little later in the day.” R. Scudder Smith has been Bee publisher since 1973; he is the fourth member of his family to run The Bee since they founded it in 1877. The paper, which has a full-time editorial staff of eight, circulates to about two-thirds of the community of about 29,000."

Source 

You are complaining because I'm picking apart your assertions like a "vulture" after what you continue to do to Shannon Hicks?

Are you #ing serious? Is this really, REALLY some significant smoking gun you've uncovered or is it a #ing perfect example of what SO was talking about:

The wildly foolish self-absorbed conjecture regarding the massacre in Newtown, CT has, in my opinion, thrown the quality of conversation on ATS all the way back to how horrible it was before we started our 6 years of hard work. Posting personal information of private citizens, then casting nasty aspersions on them, is the lowest of lows I've ever seen on this site for which I was once proud.

Pat yourself on the back for nitpicking inaccuracies of people on the scene doing the best they can in extreme circumstances. It's disgusting labeling people as lying because that clearly implies their intent was to intentionally deceive people.

Kind of like the title of your OP come to think of it. Of course calling it "Perfectly Understandable Heat of the Moment Live Reporting by a Volunteer Firefighter" wouldn't really make it seem like you were on to much, would it?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

You're replying to me as if I was trying to attack her and her only. I corrected myself to say the media. And, these are VERY IMPORTANT things, and, as I said at the very beginning of my post that I understand things can be confusing and get reported wrong at first but let me make this VERY clear to you, since you are failing to see what I am originally pointing out. The offices of The Newtown Bee are located 1 and 1/4 mile from Sandy Hook Elementary school. Mrs Hicks was interviewed by telephone 1 day after the events took place and explained to the journalist at Poynter.org (Links in OP) that she was sitting her her office listening to the police scanner and heard reports of a possible shooting and timestamped her arrival at 9:59 AM. Reports were made at 9:35 AM. First of all, if I were her I CERTAINLY would not be thinking of trying to take photos and be a reporter first when you have duties as a firefighter and there are other media outlets that can respond, such as "Fellow editor John Voket" "Voket arrived about 20 minutes later and colleague Hicks “passed the baton” to him." Here is a clear "mess up" Shannon Hicks said this: The firehouse is next to the school. “I literally put on my firefighter gear . . . I was there as a firefighter probably for not even more than 20 minutes before my editor said he wanted me back in the office to work with him to coordinate coverage from there.” That sounds like damage control media coverup.

Second, 1 and 1/4 mile certainly does not take 25 minutes to drive that distance. Which does not add up since Voket said she was stationed there and one of the first people to respond...then who really took the pictures?

Story A: She heard police call while at newspaper office and and drove in her Jeep and pulled over, took her camera from passenger seat and began taking pictures.

Story B: Voket, her colleague and fellow reporter said she was stationed there and was actually one of the first people to respond and said she had he gear on for 20 minutes before being told to go back to her office to coordinate events, as well as claiming that the pictures were taken through the Jeep window from the driveway of the firehouse. None of this adds up to me.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

You're starting to sound a lot like Paul Vance with his empty damage control threats.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by theAnswer1111
I just want to add that I don't want anyone or their families to be hurt by this post because love and family are of the highest importance to me. I just wanted to point this out. Thanks for your input. Even if you feel I'm making false accusations. I respect everyones viewpoint.

If you don't want to hurt anyone, including the emotions of your fellow members, perhaps waiting until you have something just a PINCH more than your own personal musings before starting ANOTHER wild thread with unfounded, unsourced and unsupported accusations would be a wise start.

This is the second thread you've done now where the above was the only basis for it. The last was just based on a satellite photo which othersw quickly showed by a couple minutes on a different imagery service, was baseless on the face of it.

In this one you've actually gone low enough to specifically NAME people and accuse them directly here of being guilty of what are actually offenses, as someone else pointed out. As a volunteer firefighter, if your ideas had any basis, it could be real world trouble against her. Honestly...this is probably pushing hard on actionable defamation of character. In realistic terms, I had thought this was precisely what the site administration very specifically warned everyone NOT to do any more of....and for all the reasons above.

They've decided to leave this one but I'm with many others who have expressed this same sentiment on MANY MANY other threads similar to this one. I hope this is the LAST thread allowed to stand without at least a passing THOUGHT to anything which could be termed evidence. This hunt to trash people over this tragedy is low class.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
You should have stayed somewhat less personal my friend.......the controversey, the emotionally loaded event,the sensibilities of most persons have been bent out of shape at the act alone.......
Perhaps yours as well? I can see why though..........
Its NOT your fault either,.......but we are ALL being used.......
The guys that love ya, and the guys that hate ya...are all the same dupes,,,,,,,,,
Dig deeper into the subject of psywar.....you have no idea as yet just how bad the situation is.......
If you are not wondering who you really are......then you know NOTHING about the mind control arrayed against us......
We are ALL the VICTIMS HERE....
IT DOESNT MATTER....Whatever the causitive factor was......
The fact is that there are those who have absolutely no compunctions about using EVERY possible incident that fits with the agenda.......and thus will embellish any event in ways to creat divisions and emnity between people.....
We know they have killed us off wholesale in the past for political gains....or greed.
NOTHINGhas changed
The majority will continue to be managed like cattle at a feed lot......

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
"I can't say what I want to,
even if I'm not serious.
I can't say what I want to,
even if I'm not serious."

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
To me, this is pretty much just fishing for a reason to post a thread. You're looking to far into it. What are you trying to claim, anyways? What does it MEAN if the stories are mixed up?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join