It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Events: More Media Lies Exposed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Mods, delete this if it's not appropriate or in the wrong forum. I have put considerable effort into this thread and these items have not been discussed. These topics are sensitive and i am merely pointing something out. I know that the media can get confused at times and report things that may not be clear and then "clarify" details later. These things I have found are worth pointing out.

Shannon Hicks is the Associate Editor for The Newtown Bee in Connecticut and ALSO a Volunteer Firefighter for Sandy Hook.

She is the person who took that very well known photo of children being led single file out of "danger" by police.

I'm going to expose her LIES and TWO versions of her story, as well as my own view point that, when I explain it, will have you question this person for sure.

I will also mention a very suspicious production company further on as well. Read carefully, you'll enjoy my findings.

First I will quote an article published Dec. 15, 2012 2:54 pm

"Newtown Bee Associate Editor Shannon Hicks was at the newspaper’s offices about a mile and a quarter from Sandy Hook Elementary when she heard about a possible shooting at the school.

Hicks, a volunteer firefighter for the last three and a half years, heard the news through the police scanner, she said by phone Saturday night.

Hicks was one of the first people at the scene of the shooting, which left 20 children and seven adults dead, including the shooter. She was “behind the first dozen police officers,” said John Voket, also an associate editor at the paper, noting that the firehouse where Hicks is stationed shares a driveway with the school.

When Hicks got in the driveway, she started taking photographs immediately through the windshield of her car, with one hand on the steering wheel and one holding her camera, Voket said."

Source

Ok, so her first story has her taking photos with one hand on the wheel and a camera in the other.

Now, before I show her other version of events, I want to point out that she is also supposed to be a volunteer firefighter and claims to have been listening in on the police scanner and heard about a possible shooting on the radio. And if you read the above story again, you'll notice TWO lies in that story alone.

Read what this "John Voket" person says again, noting that Shannon Hicks claims she was at the offices of the newspaper when the events started.

For comparison: "Newtown Bee Associate Editor Shannon Hicks was at the newspaper’s offices about a mile and a quarter from Sandy Hook Elementary"

Contradicting statement by John Voket: Hicks was one of the first people at the scene of the shooting, which left 20 children and seven adults dead, including the shooter. She was “behind the first dozen police officers,” said John Voket, also an associate editor at the paper, noting that the firehouse where Hicks is stationed shares a driveway with the school.

John Voket says that Shannon Hicks was one of the first people there AND that she was stationed at the Firehouse, not the offices of the newspaper listening to the police scanner as she claims.

I'm going to move on to her other version of events after asking you all a question.

If you were an editor of a newspaper AND a volunteer firefighter, don't you think that after hearing about a shooting at a school on a police scanner you would assume your roll as a firefighter to go and help INSTEAD OF going to the scene to be a "reporter"? I thought so.

Now, here is her version from TIME published 12/20/2012 and she even puts timestamps on this version:

"9:59 last Friday morning, Shannon Hicks pulled her 2006 Jeep Wrangler off the road just outside Sandy Hook Elementary school." (Note that she has claimed she was one of the first on scene and that police audio has 9:35 AM as the start time of incidents.)

“Parents just started yelling their children’s names,” remembers Hicks, careful to grab her camera off the passenger seat as she climbed out of her vehicle and into the chaos of the scene."

Oh really? I thought you took pictures from the side of the road with one hand on the wheel.

"At 10:09 am, 10 minutes after she climbed out of her vehicle, she snapped the shutter on an elementary school class being led out of the school by two Connecticut State Police officers."

Source

What do you think?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

Didn't enjoy it one bit.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

Didn't enjoy it one bit.

What does that mean?

Didn't enjoy the content of the post you're responding to, or didn't enjoy what the poster's point was?

I'd be more specific, if I were you, seeing what trouble the poster went through to bring this to ATS!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I'd just hope the ATS members here who live in or near Newtown, Ct and likely KNOW Shannon Hicks don't relay anything about this thread existing to her. It sounds like that woman would fit squarely into the category of First Responder that will have issues with this for the rest of her life. By those reports, she saw more than any human being ever should in this life. A nightmare come to life.

Do these threads with wild accusations EVER stop?

On this sad note, I'm going to bed. Enough for one night.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
www.thesmokinggun.com...

A little more media mess up for you. The man claiming to be Adam Lanza's Uncle was a well known hoaxter.

He travelled from another state with dolls in his car with images of Adam and his brother on the faces of the dolls. He video taped a good portion of this, posting the odd videos to Facebook.

The media interviewed him, where he lied, stating he was the Uncle, and this is where the media took off with the entire story of mental illness, and Adam taking the anti-psychotic drug, Fanapt.

It was all lies, but the media presented this unverified hoaxter as a family member, sending the mental illness theories reeling. This spun off with the entire gun control issue. Ironically, from a hoaxter and lies.

Luckily, his parole officer saw him after photos of him praying at the victims memorial went viral. He had been in violation of his parole for five years allegedly, having missed his payments. Since a condition of his parole was also not being able to leave the state without permission, which he did not have, his parole officer violated him.

He was picked up on Federal warrants. See the link to see the docunents.

He was also involved in many hoaxes, particularly involving stars.
edit on 31-12-2012 by Libertygal because: typos, posted from my phone, sorry

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

My response?

I'd say that this just proves what a shambles this pre-planned subversive event became.
It appears to me that almost everyone was bought out in Newtown, CT, and must have been highly rewarded for their feeble efforts...that desperately failed, as will eventually will be proven.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'd just hope the ATS members here who live in or near Newtown, Ct and likely KNOW Shannon Hicks don't relay anything about this thread existing to her. It sounds like that woman would fit squarely into the category of First Responder that will have issues with this for the rest of her life. By those reports, she saw more than any human being ever should in this life. A nightmare come to life.

What he said double...

Didn't enjoy it one bit.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

You just Realized the Media Lies?

Welcome to ATS , hope you enjoy the Site.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I just want to add that I don't want anyone or their families to be hurt by this post because love and family are of the highest importance to me. I just wanted to point this out. Thanks for your input. Even if you feel I'm making false accusations. I respect everyones viewpoint.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Starling

Excellent response!
Second line.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Wow, thanks for sharing this. Great addition to everything that has been found.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I found this great article titled 'Correctly Reporting Incorrect Information' that is a nice addition to this post.

Article Source

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

What he said double...

Didn't enjoy it one bit

Excuse me, I meant to answer to Answer 1111:

Thank you, Answer1111:
My birthday is 11:11...

edit on 12/31/2012 by Starling because: Forgot to write anything!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

You're welcome.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

good old MSM

(Got to mark this thread)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
There's a reason SO felt compelled to write this. He's the owner of ATS in case you don't know.

"The wildly foolish self-absorbed conjecture regarding the massacre in Newtown, CT has, in my opinion, thrown the quality of conversation on ATS all the way back to how horrible it was before we started our 6 years of hard work. Posting personal information of private citizens, then casting nasty aspersions on them, is the lowest of lows I've ever seen on this site for which I was once proud. "

This thread is a perfect example what SO referred to as the "urge to speculate over minute oddities," don't you think?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Starling

That's really cool. 11:11 is a very powerful time code.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sconner755

This thread is a perfect example what SO referred to as the "urge to speculate over minute oddities," don't you think?
Bingo.
Sad thing is, there will be another 30 or 40 to follow.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Sounds pretty straight forward to me.

As she pulls in the drive, she's taking photos, then she pulls over, get's out and starts walking towards the school, continuing to take photos.

You're also quoting what John Voket said in the first article and then what Hicks said in the second article.

I don't see any lies here, just two people recounting a highly stressful event.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by theAnswer1111
I just want to add that I don't want anyone or their families to be hurt by this post because love and family are of the highest importance to me. I just wanted to point this out. Thanks for your input. Even if you feel I'm making false accusations. I respect everyones viewpoint.

You're making reckless and unsubstantiated accusations involving a young woman you don't know anything about. Instead of giving her the benefit of the doubt like, say, 99.999999% of the normal population would do, you accused her of lying regarding her reporting on the mass murder of 20 kids.

And you accused her of dereliction of her duties as a volunteer firefighter

So if you would take time to think about it, I'm sure you didn't give a rat's ass about hurting this young woman or her family with your accusations.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join