It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE SECRET to NIRVANA Revealed!!!!!!! Who am I? What is the meaning to life?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thiaoouba Prophecy

From Nothingness came the Everything and back to nothingness it will go and already does moment to moment. This can be proved from your study of quantum physics.

This exhibits a confusion of category. Quantum physics talks about the zero point fluctuations of the gravitational field, which some cosmologists suspect generated all the matter in the universe from the vacuum. This has NOT been proved but is merely one of the many cosmological models under consideration. You are confusing this idea with ever-present quantum fluctuations in electromagnetic fields and other kinds of fields due to Heisenburg's Uncertainty Principle, which allows temporary, virtual processes in which matter particles materialize out of the vacuum and then disappear again (fleeting processes described by Feynman diagrams). Your capitalization of the word "nothingness" and the word "everything" indicates, however, that you meant not such ever-present, virtual processes but some pre-existent, cosmic, metaphysical (i.e., non-physical) reality from which the material universe was born. You are entitled to turn these metaphysical and physical concepts into analogies. But they are no more than that. Mixing together completely different scientific and metaphysical concepts to give the impression that they are synonymous in order to provide support for your statements does not amount to an honest argument.

Nirvana is ineffable. All words must fall short of describing it as a state of consciousness. It is not the final goal of evolution, merely the doorway out of the cycle of reincarnation into a Cosmic Life that has no need for a carbon-based life support unit called the "body".

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
reply to post by Thiaoouba Prophecy

Funny, i am dying and yet no nirvana yet...
hmmm mabye as i get closer to kicking the bucket.
I'll let ya know in a year or so what i find out.

You have mistaken identity. You are not human. You are eternal most subtle observing principle that witnessed the form that you grew attached to. You know that you know you exist, I do not have to prove to you for it is self evident. Do I have to prove to you that you exist? No. You are all pervading immortal awareness. You are the Supreme Being. Do not die as an individual conscious being. Take the correct stance. You are the totality. I reiterate. The true You was never born can never die even when time has consumed the quote unquote individual (electronic) "Soul" Astral Body vehicle. Like a dream a man inside your imagination dies. Your true power has held up every atom in his body for that time frame and will return to the universal pool of elements to be recycled.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Prove it to yourself that everything comes from nothing, don't listen to what scientists say.
Watch closely. Look now and see where thought appears. Look and see if you can catch the next one arise, notice that it arises out of nothing and then try to keep that thought. Keep that thought. Can you keep it or does it disappear?
Listen to noise appear, can you keep it or does it disappear?
edit on 31-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius2150

thanks, kind of a grim thing to joke about but
its my nature if there is a joke there to take it..
so i had to.

For the most part, ya i have come to terms with it..
not something i am looking forward to, but its the
cards i was delt in life, not a lot i can do to change it.
My only real lingering issues are the wife and kids..
and how they will do in time..

But one can only do so much and worry about so much,
and then its time to let things go.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

You say "I know I am that which cannot be named" but you're still talking about nothingness by saying "From Nothingness came the Everything". I see the first phrase as truth and the second as mind poesy.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by micpsi

Prove it to yourself that everything comes from nothing, don't listen to what scientists say.
Watch closely. Look now and see where thought appears. Look and see if you can catch the next one arise, notice that it arises out of nothing and then try to keep that thought. ?

But how do we know it is "nothing"? What if it is "everything" and the thoughts are being sent to the mind (from this place of everything) to interpret?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent

You say "I know I am that which cannot be named" but you're still talking about nothingness by saying "From Nothingness came the Everything". I see the first phrase as truth and the second as mind poesy.

There is nothing and it appears as this. This is the form that is formed from nothing.
Right here and right now is the form of nothing.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

reply to post by micpsi

Watch closely. Look now and see where thought appears. Look and see if you can catch the next one arise, notice that it arises out of nothing and then try to keep that thought. ?

But how do we know it is "nothing"? What if it is "everything" and the thoughts are being sent to the mind (from this place of everything) to interpret?

If you have a good look you will see for yourself. No one will beable to make you believe it. Only you can go into the void to find out for sure. And then it will be known.

Are you avoiding the void?

The nothing is everything but it starts as nothing. Out of nothing comes everything.
In the beginning there was nothing and then the word made something out of the nothing.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Maybe experience is all there is and there isn't really an experiencer. And these individual bodies we have create individualized experiences that are unique versions of the one experience so it leads us to believe there is an experiencer separate from the experience.

As I see it, right now, the universe ends when you begin, but the universe doesn't end, so really I don't see how the can be a you. The body makes an unique version out of an absolute reality and calls it, "me". But the one calling it me is not the experiencer, it is the experience. For when you say, "I am this", you are experiencing yourself say, "I am this" and all that is really there is that experience.
edit on 31-12-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Maybe experience is all there is and there isn't really an experiencer.

There is no one at all.
The happening is happening presently as this.

This is nothing happening.
It is totally delightful.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
1 in 10 million people will understand what is written here .
-

By writing that, you are creating individuality.
Anyone that agrees with you is doing so because they want to be that 1 special person.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
-

Anyone that agrees with you is doing so because they want to be that 1 special person.

Ahhhh
. Are you feeling unspecial?

You are all that is, so you are special, you just haven't realized it yet.
And you are not a person.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

-

Ahhhh
. Are you feeling unspecial?

You are all that is, so you are special, you just haven't realized it yet.

I'm not saying I don't agree, I'm just a bit confused how you distiguish individuality with....... EVERYTHING?
What is the basis of your thoughts on this matter? Is this some Kundalini stuff? or what? Buddhist teachings?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I'm not saying I don't agree, I'm just a bit confused how you distiguish individuality with....... EVERYTHING?
What is the basis of your thoughts on this matter? Is this some Kundalini stuff? or what? Buddhist teachings?

There is only this that is happening right now. This is all there is. It is one.
If we examine what 'this' consists of and break it down we find that there is something being seen (the appearance). The otherside of 'this' is the seer of what is being seen.

The seer will never be seen and is said to be not a thing, it cannot be defined with any words.
The seen (the appearance) cannot be independant of the seer.
The seeing is primary.

Does that help at all? Ask more if not.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

The single point of individualized experience terminates at the end of where some believe their self begins.

The individualized experience defines the individual through the individualization mechanism of the human brain. But it is the experience, not the experiencer that is defining the experience, for it is your thoughts that are the experience, that individualize the world. Thoughts are not you. There is no individual, only an individualization of an uncertain object, that I call awareness.

The more you are aware of, the more you are aware. This leads me to believe that the objects of perception are the awareness itself. And that awareness, which is complete, is entering through your sensory organs as you make a yourself out of it. Therefore, when you become more aware, you become less individualized.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Nicely put....S+F.
I learned meditation a few years ago and during my first year I attained complete quiet and a blissful state, the world was nothing..... faded to black, my thoughts were silent .... Bliss.... It was in this state I witnessed the scene on my Avatar Pic and with further meditation I heard a voice... "You Are The Creator". Unfortunately my ego took a trip and it took a long time to rein it back in. Quite a long time.....
Now I am back at the point I had left off and will continue on my journey. Thank you for the reminder OP.

edit on 31-12-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

An electron contains approximately100 gigabytes of memory.The top two physicists on our Planet have quantified this yet they do not know it's life span. An electron's life span lasts 1 X 10 x 100 Billion x 100 trillion years (approximate Earth Years). The average human body contains 4 billion x 1 trillion electrons.

Fail and Fail.

Please prove this! Who are these physicists? Because I undoubtedly call BS on this nonsense.

An electron is an electron.

How exactly can this electron contain 100 gigabytes of memory?

So the top two physicists can figure this out, but cant figure out the life span of an electron?

And then you proceed to give us an electrons life span? How was this measured? How come you've created the electrons life span as being 1 x 10 x 100 billion x 100 trillion earth years? It sounds silly to me. Sorta like a made up figure; especially with the 1 in front. Tell me what one times anything is? IT's the anything. So what is the purpose?
It just looks to me like you've made these numbers up and tried to make it look more epic...

This is a farce.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

There is nothing and it appears as this. This is the form that is formed from nothing.
Right here and right now is the form of nothing.

That also is strictly mind poesy.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

No it is not. If you go and look you will find it is true.
But i know you won't because you are avoiding the void.

You might just see words but those words point to freedom.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thiaoouba Prophecy

An electron contains approximately 100 gigabytes of memory.The top two physicists on our Planet have quantified this...

Okay, let's start off with something simple. Please provide a link to the peer reviewed paper that these top two physicists published that proves this to be true. If you can't do that - as in, if they haven't actually published this paper - then please provide the names of these top two physicists, so that I can contact them and get their side of the story.

Then, if that checks out, we can start on the rest of your revelation.

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join