It is what it is, because it is what it is

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I wanted to explain a little something for a minute here, in hopes to potentially give a little insight as to how I "sometimes" operate, in regards to 'some' of my various comments/replies on threads within this forum... "Sometimes" when I share a thought, comment or opinion in a thread, I often do not share along with it, an extended explanation, or a background story/information as to 'why' I am responding, and why I am responding in the manner that I am. I know, even that alone sounds a little cryptic, but it's the best way I can explain it without providing "an extended explanation, or a background story" which I sometimes choose not to provide.

Bear with me here don't run away yet!

With that said, I will tell you why: I sometimes choose not to provide added information or a background story simply because of general privacy and personal reasons. General. That's it. It's nothing cryptic (in most cases bwahaha)
just kidding, maybe, anyways
..... back on the topic. The reason I am telling you all this right now is because not providing a background story behind certain opinions and comments, depending on their nature, can lead readers astray, often into misunderstandings, because the whole picture fails to be painted.

Like for example (this is just a random example), if I commented something like "It bothers me that they are spraying these chemtrails, we need to put a stop to this." - on a chemtrail thread of some sort
(I know it's a boring comment with no substance, but I'm just using it as a RANDOM example here)
There might be background with that comment that I am choosing not reveal (because of privacy and personal reasons) such as, how chemtrails personally affect me, with a full personal account in detail, which may include proof or documents I have on chemtrails, medical records showing that I was directly exposed to the chemicals in an ongoing investigation, and the fact that I am currently trying to expose these chemtrails in real life away from ATS and I don't want anyone to know that for various reasons, or my cousin died from a chemtrail and it was neglect, or that I wake up from nightmares and cry about them 2 nights a week (who would be brave enough to admit that on a public forum, right?)

Again, this is just a pure RANDOM example of types of information I could be choosing to leave out of my comments. Again this is not cryptic, this is just an example of possibilities. In no way shape or form does this random example I just provided state any facts or otherwise truthful occurrences, It's JUST an example.

I'm not really into chemtrails, I could have replaced the word chemtrails and talked about rabbits instead...

Anyways(!), back to what I was saying,

*shrugs* It can't be helped, really...the only real way to avoid this kind of misunderstanding is for me to not post ANY comments or opinions in a thread which I have personal views or interests. In all honesty! How could I NOT post comments or opinions in threads which I have personal views/interests about? -- that's point of a forum (and I didn't mean that last comment to come off as smart or defensive, just read it as I typed it, don't try to look between the lines because there aren't any, mmkay

It can be frustrating at times when I see the misunderstanding happen in action, in real time, and but there is no way I can think of to make myself more clear without providing more detail that I don't want to provide. But it can't be helped and it's just a part of life and communicating with others. I can still participate in discussions and add insight to topics without having to always bear my heart and soul into them, which are mine. Can't I? I can still make contributions to a topic without making what might be private, now public... right? Some people are brave enough to tell the world all about them and what might be considered private to others, some even feel good about doing that and choose to because they are okay with it, and they might even like it. But geesh, I don't know if I would ever be brave enough to be like that publicly, I don't think many can or would be willing to!

And so again, I just want to make it clear to all, past, future, or present readers that there might be more to my reasoning behind what I choose to chime in on, and the content of what I say, and how I say it, than what meets the eye

And with that said, not ALL of my comments or opinions, by any means, follow this criteria. Of course not!!! Sometimes I just post because something interests me, or I think it's funny, or ANY reason like anyone else would have to chime in on ant topic, I may not even have a reason at all. Oh, hey, nice shoes, wanna go to a UFC fight later n eat some potata salad afterwards while watching reruns of the office?

edit on 31-12-2012 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)
ETA all minor typos and tweaks. okay, no more edits now!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Can you please summarise in some bullet poinst what your saying above.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

Say what you want to say.

Say it the way you want to; what makes sense to you.

It's all good.

If people don't like the way you express yourself; that is their problem; not yours.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
This is a Public Forum Mate, say what you want to say and if the mods dont like it they'll remove it.
If someone else doesn't like it that is their prerogative.
'This is after all a place to voice your opinions freely. Its all good.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Also, this isn't directed at any specific members or people, it's just something that I've actually been aware of for a while, years even, and I didn't post this to defend myself in any way, just to shed light on how communication works or fails sometimes, hell, these situations can and probably do apply to many people throughout life when they discuss topics, and in general, encountering conflicts in any social interactions in life.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

*people can be misunderstood a great deal

*people can become frustrated from being misunderstood

*people can truly say what they want to say, but still be taken the wrong way

*people can come to their own conclusion about what they think your agenda is, or what you are implying but it can be partly to completely wrong, and it can be frustrating especially for you (and the other person) when you are trying to explain something to them but you know they don't understand

*sometimes there is a reason in the shadows why people do things and say certain things

*things people say or do can be looked upon negatively even when you didn't mean for it to come across that way

*conversations between individuals can become limited because a person might not want to tell private things about themselves, and this can cause confusion and misrepresentation about a subject matter

*a thought, comment, or opinion might be understood better if the full story could be told

*sometimes people can only discuss something the best they can, briefly, and what they feel comfortable with, and just have to say "oh well" to the rest of the details

It would add more understanding, quality, information, and human aspect, to provide accounts of "personal experiences" to a topic, but not everyone can do that.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

Thanks for the summary. I have to say i agree completely with everything you wrote. What can one do just keep rolling with the punches.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Be a part of, or create a better society where people aren't so judgmental. Everyone would be a lot happier and everyone would have stronger human relationships. The world would spinn againn and people would care for one another.

Oh wait, that wasn't a question was it. Hah..haha.....-___-

And it was pretty damn sappy and wishful thinking that will never happen, but that's about it

new topics
top topics

join