It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats up with this cough that everyone is getting?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by michelle555

I've noticed it here in Melbourne, AUS. I had it early November, took a while to shake too. I catch a train to work and notice a lot of people with it too, the cough anyway.

Not good.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
Quauhtli
I have it right now went to the doctor he told me i have pneumonia the cough is horrible he put me on Azithromycin and bed rest but most of my family also has it now so its going around like wild fire I'm also in Minnesota..peace,sugarcookie1
edit on 31-12-2012 by sugarcookie1 because: cuz i can

Hope you get over that pneumonia quickly sugarcookie.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I had something like this in spring 2011... a really bad cought. Even my neighbours from the other side of the street complained about me, because it was so loud and always in night times.

I could hardly sleep and went to my normal doctor, who then sent me to a special lung expert... but he could not find anything. Everything seemed ok and nothing wrong.

After 2 months it stopped, or let us say it got better. I still have this, but at least not as strong as before. I can sleep and everything is fine, but now I am somehow thinking what it could be.
The cought is really dry and just somehow rough and short. no secrete or something coming out and it sounds a bit like a rattle.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
my wife and I have been sick off and on for over a month...last year I had a cough for 3 or 4 months, and I do not have medical insurance! It does seem weird at times when everyone gets sick at once, but it also happens to be winter and we're cooped up in the house more often with the windows closed and the heaters on

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

Wow, it's wintertime and people are getting coughs. Go figure. Must be a government and/or alien conspiracy or something at least as insidious and sinister.

And this thread gets flags??? O.M.G.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
If you're sick, especially with something related to the lungs or high fever, see a doctor. Seriously. And if you don't start feeling better soon after the doctor treats you, go see another doctor for a second opinion.

Why take a chance?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

rickymouse
Thank you but I'm going to have to go back to the DR the antibiotic i was taking was take 2 the first day then 1 pill for 4 days and I'm still coughing and feeling weak..This pneumonia is kicking my butt..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quauhtli
Hope this is the right place to post this...

My girlfriend got sick about three weeks ago now, it started off with the usual, sore throat and all that and ended up with her feeling fine after a little while but she had a cough that came back whenever she settled down for the night. I could barely chat with her over the phone without her having fits every couple of minutes. She told me that it has been going around here in Long Island NY for a little while. She is healthy as a horse, works in a fitness studio, which is a good place to pick something up, but she is not the kind to have a lingering sickness.

I was talking to my father tonight who is working in Wisconsin right now and he picked up the same kind of thing. Not really sick but with a cough that keeps him from taking full breaths without a fit. He told me that the lady that works at his desk has had it for three weeks.

I have killed every bug that I have picked up over the last couple of years all within 24 hours with a couple of tricks I picked up that have had really good results. It seems that I have figured out a couple of methods that keep me from getting the bugs that my 4year old brings home from time to time. When I started to feel this one coming on after hanging out with my girl on Christmas I killed it with these new tricks but now it seems to have settled in just over the weekend. I have not been sick at all since I first kicked it, but now I have some cruddy lungs as well.

My girlfriend is still having it before she goes to bed every night but seems to be okay during the day. It is bugging me thinking that everyone is getting this crazy cough that won't go away even though noone seems to really be sick.

I was just wondering if anyone around here has known anyone with the same symptoms or is having the same thing going on?

Sounds like whopping cough (pertussis) to me.
From what I can gather there has been a new(ish) strain of it going around and it's become almost epidemic in a few places.
I don't wish to start off a vaccine war but there has been a new booster around for a few years to combat this strain but the majority of people don't know about it so haven't had it.

I contracted this new whooping cough in September last year and it's only just gone very recently.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I can totally relate to this!

I've had a persistant cough for the last 5 months and after several xrays, samples and blood tests nothing has come back with any result!

They literally have no idea what is causing it. I'm 23, I have been extremely fit my whole life and I believe caught this cough from my boss who had it frantically for a couple of months before I became affected by it.

It attacks at night, through the day is usually totally fine, I can hear the wheezing on my chest and my airways feel extremely tight. The only remedy I can find for this is Ventolin which I think is possibly just a short term fix to something quite bad...

I had a tiny bit of asthma when young but I've not had any problems for 15+ yrs.

I honestly don't know how this cough can stay with me so long, seeing as I eat good, gym lots, the added benefit of been young, and no known health problems! yet ... here I am.... suffering from an extreme cough that can't be diagnosed.

The next step is a CAT Scan for me....

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
www.nhs.uk...

Adults and older children In adults and older children, the paroxysmal symptoms of whooping cough are far less severe than in young children, and may appear more like symptoms of a milder respiratory infection, such as bronchitis.
Recovery stage
Eventually, the symptoms of whooping cough gradually start to improve, with fewer and less extreme bouts of coughing occurring. This period of recovery can last up to three months or more. However, intense bouts of coughing may still occur during this period.

Ain't that the truth!!!
edit on 2/1/13 by Pardon? because: Layout

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quauhtli
Hope this is the right place to post this...

My girlfriend got sick about three weeks ago now, it started off with the usual, sore throat and all that and ended up with her feeling fine after a little while but she had a cough that came back whenever she settled down for the night. I could barely chat with her over the phone without her having fits every couple of minutes. She told me that it has been going around here in Long Island NY for a little while. She is healthy as a horse, works in a fitness studio, which is a good place to pick something up, but she is not the kind to have a lingering sickness.

I was talking to my father tonight who is working in Wisconsin right now and he picked up the same kind of thing. Not really sick but with a cough that keeps him from taking full breaths without a fit. He told me that the lady that works at his desk has had it for three weeks.

I have killed every bug that I have picked up over the last couple of years all within 24 hours with a couple of tricks I picked up that have had really good results. It seems that I have figured out a couple of methods that keep me from getting the bugs that my 4year old brings home from time to time. When I started to feel this one coming on after hanging out with my girl on Christmas I killed it with these new tricks but now it seems to have settled in just over the weekend. I have not been sick at all since I first kicked it, but now I have some cruddy lungs as well.

My girlfriend is still having it before she goes to bed every night but seems to be okay during the day. It is bugging me thinking that everyone is getting this crazy cough that won't go away even though noone seems to really be sick.

I was just wondering if anyone around here has known anyone with the same symptoms or is having the same thing going on?

I HOPE I am wrong BUT I live in Western NY Just below the Buffalo NY region..and we have had a HUGE Explosion of WHOOPING COUGH in 5 county's around the Area...You may want to get tested and any one who is showing symptoms..My sister in law and her 2 kids and partner were quarantined for 5 days from outside contact..
Do your self a favor a make sure ur not infected..
we all were tested in the family but Only the 5 mentioned had the "WC" present..

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Ok, im seeing loose, yellow mucus.. sign of healing!

Anyway...some tips to keep you through the rough times if you do have it.

* Ginger + Tea(warm/hot) + Honey

* Chew on Cinnamon Barks/Sticks

* Cough drops, i recommend Fisherman's Friend.

* Gargle Salt water

* If you have a Salt water spray, spray it in nostrils, and throat.

* Vicks Vaporubs.

Avoid heavy food, like Meats(red)... avoid Dairy, Avoid Pops and other cold drinks.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
West Texas here......
My mother has had this cough for 3 months, my 17 month old son has had it for a month, i have just developed it over the past week. I know tons of people that are sick! My fiance has started snoring unbelievably loud the past few months and ive lived with her two years and never heard her snore, she says she has never been told she has ever snored before and lived with 3 siblings and many roomates over the years,,,,! IMO there is something other than just the normal bug going around messing with our respiratory systems . I'm not ready to say its the government spraying us with chemicals, or china sending us a super bug etc, but this is the first time in almost two years i have been sick and it seems odd the coincidences ....... I understand its the season, and west tx is horrible for allergies, but something just doesnt seem right this time.... maybe its just all in our heads, or maybe not ? ? We the people will probably never know if indeed it is somthing with TPTB.... so all we can do is try to take care of ourselves and not be anxious or worry that it could be bigger than just a bad cold/flu season.......

I will add one last thing I read about how The use of natural Gas vehicles (if you havent heard read up on Boone T. Pickens and his push to have big rigs and eventually all automobiles run on liquified natural gas) are showing signs of major health problems with some of the people involved who are currently using these new vehicles that run on liquid natural gas..... But if your the anxious, paranoia type i would discourage you from digging to deep. The mind tends to take things and run. There isnt enough study or evidence to start speculating yet, (well maybe there is enough to speculate, but not prove).... but regardless its just another thing to make you go hmmmm
Well wishes to those who are ill..
God Bless

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
My husband has had it since the week before Christmas. He still is coughing when he settles down or eats. I haven't had any symptoms of it......yet

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by fill0000
I can totally relate to this!

I've had a persistant cough for the last 5 months and after several xrays, samples and blood tests nothing has come back with any result!

They literally have no idea what is causing it. I'm 23, I have been extremely fit my whole life and I believe caught this cough from my boss who had it frantically for a couple of months before I became affected by it.

It attacks at night, through the day is usually totally fine, I can hear the wheezing on my chest and my airways feel extremely tight. The only remedy I can find for this is Ventolin which I think is possibly just a short term fix to something quite bad...

I had a tiny bit of asthma when young but I've not had any problems for 15+ yrs.

I honestly don't know how this cough can stay with me so long, seeing as I eat good, gym lots, the added benefit of been young, and no known health problems! yet ... here I am.... suffering from an extreme cough that can't be diagnosed.

The next step is a CAT Scan for me....

Really sorry to hear about your health issues.
Please let us know what you find out. This is a problem in My area of the world as well persistent coughing with many,Many people in the WNY area it was initially blamed on Pertussis "Whooping Cough" BUT now patients are coming up negative for the Culture.. ??? Chemtrails anyone!?!?
It would be a very efficient way of dispersing a world wide Viral/Bacterial attack on unwitting citizens..
I am very closely watching this because I am developing a "Strange" persistent cough/tickle as well NOT just because its winter either. I really think this Thread is on to something here!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I got sick about 2 or 3 days after new years. Started with a little bit of fatigue, runny nose, and coughing. Eventually it got pretty bad so I made myself a recipe for fighting off the cough. After doing so the next day it felt like I was completely healed, I felt good as new.

Because it has been raining most of the time here I did a couple tanning sessions to get some vitamin D into my system. Was feeling great. But the last 3 or 4 days the cough came back more powerful and more frequent than ever. I have night sweats, strong headache, and eyes are burning.

I hack a lot just before bed, occasionally early morning, and then a few fits when I do get out of bed. I am very fit, play sports, and have a pretty good diet. Not to mention I pound back about 4000 mg of Vit C a day.

My question is how do I get rid of this nasty cough. Nothing I used before works now. And this is the first time in about 5 years I had a cold/flu/virus like this.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well it's April 10 and I've had this cough for over 3 weeks now. For someone who never gets sicks I am concerned. People at my place of employment are complaining about being sick and not being able to get rid of the cough....

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
My father has this flu and it is a stomach upset, my son too. He said he had heard its like something off a boat, so a kind of Sars flu. I believe its weaponized stuff myself.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Ok, try green tea. Mix in ginger (either boil into the tea chopped, or just shake in crushed ginger) this has been known to do a lot of things for the body. Not only is it a major help for a tummy bug by acting as an internal antiseptic, but also can do the same thing for your throat.

After mixing that in, mix in some nutmeg. This acts as an antibiotic and an antiseptic. This will clear the bacteria latching on to the sides of her throat, causing the irritation. But, please don't ingest LARGE amounts of this as it could cause liver damage when ingested over an extended amount of time.

After that, mix in some freshly squeezed lemon. This relieves throat irritation and contains antibacterial properties. Its also high in vitamins B and C, which will relieve some infection (if any)

One more ingredient: Honey. Honey contains vitamins B1, B2, C, B6, B5 and B3. It will also help close off any miniature scratches in her throat while making sure no infectious bacteria is left behind.

Boil into a tea, and have her drink a glass of this. Make sure it is warm so that her blood circulation around her throat is increased. This should aid in her recovery.

Good Luck

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Just got over exactly what the OP described. Something that started out like a mild flu, but mostly coughing and sore throat. Not really a sickly feeling like normal flu. Went to my doc and got some antibiotics. Knocked it out in three days. My ribs were very sore from coughing so much.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join