It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats up with this cough that everyone is getting?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
At first sign of any illness take some Colloidal Silver - problem gone!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Keep the house below freezing level to annoy all your unwanted guests.

edit on 31-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

You just made me laugh. Men are such thermostat hawks.. maybe it's a secret plot to get their wives to leave. Thanks for the giggle.

I agree that when it's cool outside you shouldn't keep it too warm inside. If for nothing else, the drastic temp change when leaving or entering is terrible on asthma.

I just had a thought. It seems that many in the thread got sick at the same time. Is it possible they all handled the same type of wrapping paper or all bought ornaments from the same manufacturer or something? I ask that because (and this is where you picture me with my foil hat on.) China isn't exactly forthcoming with information. If they have some mutated virus being coughed onto assembly lines of ornaments that we buy and hang, while we eat cookies and whatever, without washing our hands... well. Just trying to search for a possible commonality between posters.

(Sorry for all of the Edits. I had to phrase that very carefully.)

edit on 31-12-2012 by PrincessTofu because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2012 by PrincessTofu because: typo

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Maybe we should blame it on TPTB, and give it a name now before they do. Any ideas? How about Hurricough, or maybe Soundy Hollow?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quauhtli
Maybe we should blame it on TPTB, and give it a name now before they do. Any ideas? How about Hurricough, or maybe Soundy Hollow?

Gasp! Are you teasing me? *adjusts foil hat*.

Morning paper and coughy.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Back in 2008, I had a bacterial throat infection for five months that I strongly suspect was whooping cough. The infection ended after perhaps a month, and the dry fits with the characteristic wheezing intake went on for another four. It was a miserable time, partly because my mom refused to take me to the doctor. As everyone knows, bacterial infections take a crazy-long amount of time to go away.
I guess you can keep that possibility in mind. To the doctor you go! My own tribulation could have been greatly shortened...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrincessTofu

Gasp! Are you teasing me? *adjusts foil hat*.

Morning paper and coughy.

Too nice,

How about the Caughy and Thrownups virus?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Too nice,

How about the Caughy and Thrownups virus?

Or it can just be called what our loved ones are saying to us. 'I feel like < insert the other word for donkey>'.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

Exactly Right On quedup ! There are lots of people who still have never heard about the miraculous healing powers of Colloidal Silver. Below is a link to a Colloidal Silver Fact Sheet - and is Absolutely Vital Information.

The Colloidal Silver Fact Sheet

It is impossible for single-celled germs to mutate into silver-resistant
forms, as happens with conventional Antibiotics. Therefore, no tolerance to
Colloidal Silver ever develops. Also, Colloidal Silver cannot interact or
interfere with other medicine being taken. Inside the body, silver forms no
toxic compounds or reacts with anything other than a germ's oxygen
metabolizing enzyme. Colloidal Silver is truly a safe, natural remedy for
many of mankind's ills.

all4webs.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrisb9

Originally posted by quedup

Exactly Right On quedup ! There are lots of people who still have never heard about the miraculous healing powers of Colloidal Silver. Below is a link to a Colloidal Silver Fact Sheet - and is Absolutely Vital Information.

The Colloidal Silver Fact Sheet

It is impossible for single-celled germs to mutate into silver-resistant
forms, as happens with conventional Antibiotics. Therefore, no tolerance to
Colloidal Silver ever develops. Also, Colloidal Silver cannot interact or
interfere with other medicine being taken. Inside the body, silver forms no
toxic compounds or reacts with anything other than a germ's oxygen
metabolizing enzyme. Colloidal Silver is truly a safe, natural remedy for
many of mankind's ills.

all4webs.com...

I'm all for alternative medicine, and think the FDA is a hinderance that also releases unsafe drugs based on studies researched soley by the drug companies where they are only obligated to show the studies in which someone didn't get ill or die from the drugs.

It's not clear how much colloidal silver may be harmful, but it can build up in your body's tissues over months or years. Most commonly, this results in argyria (ahr-JIR-e-uh), a blue-gray discoloration of your skin, eyes, internal organs, nails and gums. While argyria doesn't pose a serious health problem, it can be a cosmetic concern because it doesn't go away when you stop taking silver products.

Rarely, excessive doses of colloidal silver can cause possibly irreversible serious health problems, including kidney damage and neurological problems such as seizures. Colloidal silver products may also interact with medications, including penicillamine, quinolone, tetracycline and thyroxine medications.

www.mayoclinic.com...

I'm not saying your advice is wrong or bad. Like I said, I believe in alternative medicine.
edit on 31-12-2012 by PrincessTofu because: clarification

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I'm in Colorado and I have not noticed many sick people. My mom got bronchitis a month and a half ago and she still has a persistent cough even after meds and a doctor visit. She goes back to get chest xrays next week. My 15 year old son has a horrible cough and even after using the nebulizer and albuterol for a while the cough still persists. So I will be taking him to the doctor here next week too.

Other than that everyone has been healthy!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PrincessTofu

Exactly Right On PrincessTofu,

No doubt some in the FDA would like to limit or ban any or all natural remedies that are not pills cranked out by "Big Pharma"

Here is the up to date information from the colloidal silver link on that Fact Sheet web page. I use their colloidal silver myself. Below is the EPA information from their web site on their FAQ's

Q: Are colloidal silver products safe?

A: Advanced Colloidal Silver, taken according to our serving suggestions, contains less than one third the amount of silver referenced by the EPA in their drinking water standards. Utopia Silver Supplement's suggested one-per day serving contains approximately 100 micrograms of silver. The Environmental Protection Agency’s maximum daily reference dose of silver is 350 micrograms. That equates to approximately three and one half teaspoons of our Advanced Colloidal Silver.

Although gelatinous/protein, saline, and/or nitrate based silver products may cause the cosmetic condition Argyria with overuse, no death that we are aware of has ever been documented as being caused by any silver or gold supplement. Our Advanced Colloidal Silver is not a gelatinous based product; it is simply mineral and de-ionized water. We have sworn testimony from a forensic toxicologist that there is no known toxic level that has been established for silver or gold.

Silver is one of the few substances that has a reference dose not based on an adverse health effect and for which the EPA removed the maximum silver contaminate level for drinking water. This action was obviously driven by the recognized low or non-toxicity associated with this mineral. As far as any claimed toxicity is concerned, drinking water is allowed to have three and one half times as much silver for an average daily consumption as a serving of Advanced Colloidal Silver provides. If it is safe to drink from the public water supplies of America containing naturally occurring silver, it is perfectly safe to use this dietary supplement, even up to three and one half times the suggested serving for any purpose you choose.

You may ask: How can such a small amount of silver have a positive effect within the body? The secret is in the infinitesimal size of the silver particles. A million of these silver particles could sit side by side on a cross section of human hair. The reason it works so well is that such a large percentage of the surface area of silver atoms are exposed to the body’s fluid environment, allowing these tiny particles to penetrate even the deepest tissues of the body and thereby supporting the immune system. These silver nano-particles are smaller than any blood cell, bacteria, fungus spore, or even virus. This is the key to the effectiveness of Advanced Colloidal Silver and the primary reason a 20 ppm silver product is all that is required to do the job.

One possibility to be aware of is that a very small percentage of people do have allergies to various metals and if you cannot wear silver or gold jewelry because of an allergy, it may be best not to supplement with them either.

Anything can be abused or misused. An aspirin or two may relieve a headache, but a bottle of aspirin taken at one time can cause death. Most over-the-counter pain medications cause thousands of deaths and thousands of damaged organs each year. Patented antibiotics also cause thousands of deaths each year. Over consumption of drinking water in a short time span kills a number of people each year by diluting the electrolytes or rupturing the stomach, …but should this define our use of water?

edit on 12/31/2012 by chrisb9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

Thank you very much for posting that info. It is very interesting. I will look into it further.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
That annoying 'tickle in the back of the throat' when you lie down cough can be just post nasal drip; in other words, your sinuses slowly draining, but they fill up again.

Take a shower every day (or twice a day) and once the steam has had a chance to loosen things up, blow your nose out until there's nothing else coming out. This gives your sinuses (which are behind your cheek bones and up over your forehead also) a chance to clear out. If you do this every time you take a shower, you'll have far lesser chance of lingering infections and the annoying cough and sinus pressure headache that goes with them.

Buy some Vitamin C powder; it's incredibly cheap, $15 US a pound. Add it to cold drinks (use honey or drink mix to cut the sour taste, but it's not too bad) and take 2-5 grams a day; there will be a little 1 gm measuring spoon inside the jar.

When Linus Pauling did his studies on Vitamin C levels in primates, he found that their tissue was literally saturated with it. For whatever reason, both humans and guinea pigs are the only mammals that don't manufacture their own Vitamin C and have to get it from other sources. Guinea pigs eat C sources all day long, but humans, not so much. And we don't eat raw meat anymore, which would also be a source of C; cooking kills it. He got a Nobel prize for his studies and felt that high C levels were necessary to fight off infections.

When's the last time you had some unprocessed raw fruit, a lot of it? Especially in the wintertime, our diets don't really include it unless you work hard at it.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

Both of my parents have promoted it in conversation. In fact they are both promoters of a host of different vitamins and minerals taken as substitute. I have always tried to eat a varied diet that would have in it what the body needs. Guess I just don't trust anything that comes in a bottle. I guess I believe that if it's in the food it will be absorbed easier into the body. I also believe that ones diet coupled with a good ten hours of fresh air every day and good clean water is the most important defense against disease. I have very rarely caught any of the sicknesses that family and friends get.

I am curious though about this colloidal silver, does one actually notice any effects in energy levels or health other than it's ability to fend off sickness? What are the reasons for taking it every day?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Thanks again to everyone for all of the input! Hope everyone with this crazy cough thing gets over it real soon. I feel optimistic!

And by the way

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This is crazy, i have cough, and its been over 2 weeks, started on December 16th...

Usually i heal after 5-6 days...

I saw yellow mucus(sign of infection at its end) but then it becomes clear mucus again, and cough restarts.
My Doctor told em to let it heal itself, and take OTC cough medicine, i have that and some Fisherman's Friend lozenges...

My holidays ruined(kinda)..

Along with cough, my head feels "bored"(fatigue?)....

My body better get better soon! or only strict vegetarian diet as punishment!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Punish it! Punish it good! I'm vegan and whatever the heck is going on it hasn't latched onto me, yet.

I eat tons of awesome food. Tortilla chips and salsa, the vegan Smart Dogs are awesome just find dairy and egg-free buns, I have tons of pasta and sauce.. but mostly fresh fruits and veggies. Strawberries, blueberries, melons, tasty snap peas. Plus all the yummy naan bread and hummus. I miss out on nothing.

Except apparently this cough.

Punish it good, I say

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Here in Indiana there are a lot of cold/cough going around, I had a cold starting the 26th and ran for maybe 3 - 4 days pretty much gone yesterday. Was a nasty cold that hit lightning quick, was to a cough by 24 hrs in.

Medicine I used was strong Robitussin and tylenol cold and sinus. The robo is good for beating the cough, gotta keep hitting it every 4 hrs and keeps the lungs clear. The tylenol seemed good at keeping the snot under control and the pain relief was nice.

But, as far as the OP goes, it DOES seem to be going around I know several who have had it beginning the week before Christmas and it seems to be spreading.

Could be just the typical influenza season, no? Or is it worse than usual?

But, gee, what about all the flu shots? did people who got the almighty flu shot get sick anyway? I am amazed how many people think "flu" has something to do with barfing, flu stands for influenza and is a bad respiratory ailment than can kill the elderly and weak.

I don't know whether the chemtrails have been worse here the past month or not, it's been cloudy cloudy cloudy.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I've been having 'coughing fits' for quite a while now, off and on, a few times a day or something like that. I haven't really understood why it's been happening...so yea
edit on 1-1-2013 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Everyone I know is sick, very sick. I have been sick really sick & have had a cough for over a month. It wakes me up at night. Here in Ohio last year there was 65 people in the hosp for the flu. This year it is over 800!!!! I do not get the flu shot, since it doesnt prevent the flu & after lots of reading I dont trust the government since they seem to work for the ones that want to depopulate the world. I am now terrified of vaccines & have become leary of everything. I believe something is going on.....I watch my sky daily now, it is filled with the lines from the planes. We do not see the sun often. I really believe it has something to do with that......Bill Gates is an evil evil man. But that is my conspiracy theory, the one I cannot prove.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join