It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats up with this cough that everyone is getting?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Hope this is the right place to post this...

My girlfriend got sick about three weeks ago now, it started off with the usual, sore throat and all that and ended up with her feeling fine after a little while but she had a cough that came back whenever she settled down for the night. I could barely chat with her over the phone without her having fits every couple of minutes. She told me that it has been going around here in Long Island NY for a little while. She is healthy as a horse, works in a fitness studio, which is a good place to pick something up, but she is not the kind to have a lingering sickness.

I was talking to my father tonight who is working in Wisconsin right now and he picked up the same kind of thing. Not really sick but with a cough that keeps him from taking full breaths without a fit. He told me that the lady that works at his desk has had it for three weeks.

I have killed every bug that I have picked up over the last couple of years all within 24 hours with a couple of tricks I picked up that have had really good results. It seems that I have figured out a couple of methods that keep me from getting the bugs that my 4year old brings home from time to time. When I started to feel this one coming on after hanging out with my girl on Christmas I killed it with these new tricks but now it seems to have settled in just over the weekend. I have not been sick at all since I first kicked it, but now I have some cruddy lungs as well.

My girlfriend is still having it before she goes to bed every night but seems to be okay during the day. It is bugging me thinking that everyone is getting this crazy cough that won't go away even though noone seems to really be sick.

I was just wondering if anyone around here has known anyone with the same symptoms or is having the same thing going on?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
nothing but a nasty smokers cough here, i hate it, got my electronic cig but it tastes gross.

2nd line

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

Yeah same here. I haven't really noticed anyone getting sick lately.

hmm

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
My best friend had it for a month, I finally convinced her to go to the Hospital and she has pnuemonia. Walking pnuemonia can kill, you don't even know you have it. A dry cough with a fever is time to be concerned.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Sorry about your friend.

I'm feeling like I'm going to kick it like I always do, and hope that it's not some ugly new bug that lasts forever. It's just a little concerning because I haven't heard of a bug that lasts that long in healthy people. I'm pretty sure that pneumonia isn't contagious but starts from various reasons and then turns into pneumonia. I could be wrong I guess.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

I have the same cough. I started getting the usual cold-like symptoms around the 22nd. Come the 25th I wasn't able to do anything because of coughing fits, sore breathing and mucous-filled lungs. I am in great shape and pride myself on never getting sick, but apparently I was wrong. I think I am getting over it but still have mucous-filled lungs and a cough.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne

I have the same cough. I started getting the usual cold-like symptoms around the 22nd. Come the 25th I wasn't able to do anything because of coughing fits, sore breathing and mucous-filled lungs. I am in great shape and pride myself on never getting sick, but apparently I was wrong. I think I am getting over it but still have mucous-filled lungs and a cough.

Same for me but mine started in November and lasted 5 weeks. Symptoms were intermittent sore throats, runny nose, temperature fluctuations, persistent tickly cough but without being able to bring mucous up.
Not severe enough to stay off work though.
Lots of people I know have/had it. I'm in the UK.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by littlemo

See this is what I was wondering about. Is it taking as long for others you know to shake it, or is it just a couple of days like any normal bug?

Noone I know has really lost any work either.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I hate that exact same thing. Started with a sore throat, then kind of achy for a couple of days, then a cough that would not go away. It lasted about 3 weeks. In fact, I'm still barely in the very last bit of it.

I would be okay during the day, then I would cough my head off all night long. And it messed with my voice, too. For about a week I was barely able to talk. I'm the only person I know who caught this virus or whatever it is. My wife kind of got sick, but it didn't catch on with her nearly as bad as it did with me.

I caught it while at a Panera Bread in the town I live in. Some lady came in with her husband and she was hacking her head off as they sat in the booth next to the one I was in. I thought to myself, "Yeah, I bet I'm going to catch that." And sure enough!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Yes, it's taking everyone I know between 4 and 5 weeks to get rid of. Maybe it's a new 'superbug'?
Even when I had really bad 'flu a couple of years ago, I was well again within 7 days...........

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

So what tricks did you use to kick it then? come on spill the beans.....

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Check this out. I got a friend who lives 80 miles north of me, and he said he saw a plane spraying some aerosol overhead just like a guy on here described. He took note, and three days later was sick as a dog.

Tonight my 23 yr old daughter went out to feed her dog at midnight, and came in saying there is some strange particulate in the air. LOTS of it she said it was like she had never seen before.

I went to go look and grabbed my flashlight. when I opened the door, I looked out, and sure enough it was as if someone had let off a bug bomb over our house. Fine particulate was settling down and floating through the air. Like she said, the air was THICK with it. Most unnatural phenomenon, especially as it has been raining here for days, and would think most of the particualte had been washed out of the air already.

So, I came back in and told the wife, sat back down, and then I licked my lips...and tasted a bitter chemical taste on my lips. WTF? I been pretty much quarantined for the last ten days as I been off work and broke so I haven't gone much of anywhere or been around anyone else. If I come down sick in the next few days I am going to seriously wonder about it all.

I will let you know, cuz I normally kill off any sniffles in a day or two also. I ain't had a real cold in years, and if I suddenly come down sick, I am gonna be suspicious of it all indeed.

Strange days we are living in when you actually wonder for serious if somebody is using biological warfare on you and your family in the US of A. Definitely not a normal occurrance.
edit on 31-12-2012 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
My son also has this for almost a month now. It is starting to scare me to be honest. Damn doctor isn't taking it serious and that's really bothering me. A few days ago he had 3 nights where he had a super high temperature as well.

I also would love to know what you have been doing to fight it OP.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Quauhtli
I have it right now went to the doctor he told me i have pneumonia the cough is horrible he put me on Azithromycin and bed rest but most of my family also has it now so its going around like wild fire I'm also in Minnesota..peace,sugarcookie1
edit on 31-12-2012 by sugarcookie1 because: cuz i can

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
If you are not feeling well, as soon as you start to feel the symptoms appear...if you have peroxide put some in each ear. Allow to crack, and pop...once done, keep repeating a couple times a day until symptoms subside. The earlier you start the treatment, the quicker you will defeat the virus. I have been doing this for the past 10 plus years...I have not been sick (flu - cold - virus) since I started doing this. My kids will come to me the minute they feel sick. They are in public schools and have every thing going around. Stomach bug, flu, colds, coughs...they do the peroxide immediately upon feeling symptoms and never come down with what ever is going around. Plus we eat healthy...no sugar, soda, sweets, outside of fruits and veggies.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I haven't seen a doctor but I have been sick ever since Christmas. First the days presented a sore throat in the mornings and a persistent cough. Now I have a stuffy nose, extremely phlegmy cough and a fever. I'm fairly certain its acute bronchitis. It could have been that we recently had a blizzard and I had to drive a few hours through it without any heating in the car. But I had my mother with me, and she was fine.
I have a generally amazing immune system, as i only get sick once every few years on average. As far as your description goes I don't see this being particularly unusual, nor would it warrant suspicion for a conspiracy. Tis' the season to be sick like a dog, and all the symptoms presented usually coincide with each other.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I see this every Winter solstice time period. Most of this is normal, low immune system response to the environment. I'm sure that all of you are taking care of yourselves as best as possible.

:cough:

No pun intended.
I did see Dutchsinse post a couple videos about snow in his area with high radiation. I'm sure we all are enjoying the benefits of Fukushima in many ways we aren't aware of yet, but most of these symptoms have been a regular "epidemic" for the nearly every start of Winter season, also the start of Fall & Spring produce the same symptoms in many with broken immune systems.

edit on 31-12-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
im in tx but i have had this also.. i get it every year around this time when the weather gets cold and hot really anytime the weather goes back and forth it gets me a little cough and stuffed nose.. Lately the weather has been cold/hot its annoying.. now its rainy...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
i've got this as well and it's annoying as hell, 4/5 weeks now, nose produced enough to fill the dead sea, hacking cough that has settled nicely on my lungs and i had a temp for a few days but that's gone now.... i eat healthily and have taken manuka honey and lemon drinks but where the honey would normally clear it up in hours it's not even made a dent. i HATE going to the docs but i fear i might have to if it doesn't go away in the next few weeks grrrr.

just about everybody i know has either had it, or got it. in a few cases it seems to be developing into pneumonia too.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
my mother had this cough. I was also not feeling well for the same period of time. but for me it felt more like how I have heard asthma described. so I was worried that there was a severe problem developing, but it cleared up after 5 or so weeks.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join