It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going off the fiscal cliff is the cure to what ails the US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

You live in a military police state created by the people who claim they are all for smaller government, but in fact are for bigger government, the people who created the huge US government debt that they want to throw onto the backs of future generations.

The welfare ghetto state was created purely for propaganda, to fool people into ignoring the real welfare queens, the International corporate bankers.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I don't know if it'll be good or bad.

Will have to wait and see.

Regardless, it's happened.

doom, doom, doomy, doom-doom.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I have absolutely no problem with society supporting 3 classes of people....but ONLY 3 classes of people. The very old, the very young and those flat out unable to work by physical or mental issues (at a point any average person can see the issue at hand). Anything else needs to be strictly time limited for a reasonable period everyone can agree on for life's little catastrophes which befall just about everyone once or twice in a lifetime.

So you are squarely in the category that opposes corporate welfare?

If so, I fully agree with this.I don't mind government giving people who are down on their luck a temporary hand, but after a few months, the charity should end. The welfare ghetto and the drug problem were both created by secret government programs working with the banks.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The fiscal cliff is nothing but a right wing propaganda slogan.

If the repubs don't cave, and they they will, there will not be any effect on the economy, maybe a blimp at most.

The band is warming up, and the fat lady is making her way to the mic.

Personally, I'd rather see us go off the supposed fiscal cliff.

Bigger tax increases on the super rich and the ICs, more budget cutting, cuts in defense, time to end support of the global corporate empire, bigger cuts in medicaid which only subsidizes illegal immigration, oh yea, and bigger tax cuts for the middle class.

Our economy would blossom once again.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Fear of being poor used to be what motivated people to work their way out of bad situations. It is better to be poor today than a King in the 1600's. Maybe it would be best if America hits bottom, in the long run. Hopefully we won't find out. I have my doubts though.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Its what needs to happen but its not going to be roses and lolly pops like you think. it will crash the economy and be very painful but in the long run will hopefully be a good thing... It will force people to stop relying on government. And if you think it will end corporate welfare you are dreaming. Obama will increase the welfare to the elite politically connected just like he has done all along they are his benefactors. The middle class the backbone of the economy will suffer most and hopefully rise up and change things for real.

edit on 31-12-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

That depends entirely on how you define corporate welfare. That seems to cover every extreme from very legitimate and helpful tax credits and subsidy programs that PROMOTE U.S. domestic products in U.S. markets to encourage our own economy .... to tax credits and subsidies for the sheer sake of giving slush fund gifts and 'I won office!' bonuses to everyone who funded the right politicians in their races. I feel there is a pretty wide range between the two extremes and a lot of good as well as very bad application of the same general concepts.

Glad we agree on the short term nature of what Government help and assistance ought to be for average people outside those 3 general classes of long term need. I really believe a society can be fairly judged by how it treats it's very old and young. Those are the groups that really don't benefit society directly, so treatment is about the good nature of those setting policy outside of motivations of personal gain.

.....Of course most Western nations really fail HARD on that test, if looked at honestly. Most nations in general, really I suppose.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I would say the greatest current gov expenditure is corporate welfare, and it mainly goes towards exporting jobs and subsidizing illegal immigration.

Good we agree, that their are legitimate reason to support those who truly need the help, the young, the old, those with legitimate handicaps, it is the humane way.

My opinion is that welfare ghettos were created under Nixon for pure propaganda purposes, and it has worked incredibly well.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

It's not going to be roses and lollipops, I never claimed that, but it is not going to be falling off of a cliff either.

You have been had by the propaganda.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Hmm, looks like the house might not be going for the compromise.

I wonder if that will last.

I think the repub side of the aisle has the most to lose.

If this doesn't wreck the economy, they are going to have a hard time returning to the agenda they desire.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Good we agree, that their are legitimate reason to support those who truly need the help, the young, the old, those with legitimate handicaps, it is the humane way.

We do agree without reservation on that. You know what amazes me? It's how easily two areas of world view or mindset can come to find common ground and agreement when neither side enters the discussion with an intent to come out winning something. After all...winning is only valid if someone else has lost, eh?

If only more of those across our troubled land could see it the same. The only winners and losers are all of us, together, as a group.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The problem is that most people across this great country don't even know what the fiscal cliff or the debt ceiling is, let alone enough to have an intelligent conversation about it, or vote on it. They follow the network news and look no deeper. Most folks today don't even understand what gives our dollar it's value, or lack thereof, nor how that effects our economy, because they think that this country has always been this way, and so it always will. We are not entitled to our lifestyle, and though some ill informed people may think of it poorly, it can, and will get much worse.

Well, the time to wake up is past, now we are just dealing with the fallout and eventual crash into the bottom of the gully as someone above said. The fiscal cliff being years ago is a very valid statement. It all began with instatement of the federal reserve and the loss of the gold standard and running the country on credit instead of having a solid base under us.

Most people think the Federal Reserve is a part of the Federal goverment when in reality they are a privately owned bank. When you look at who owns the banks and what countries economies are not beholden to those same banks, our wars look a lot different and the motives become much clearer as you see that those few countries are the only ones whose economies are not part of those banking systems.

We are in the end game, and it has nothing to do with the bible...
edit on 1-1-2013 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
no going off cliff, so no rebuild of the Fed, and the sickness continues. nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com... so it is now on Obama's desk or will be soon to be come law.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Great stuff all, thanks for contributing.

We don't know what will happen, but my suspicion is far less than the media scare mongers want you to think.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Oops, or aha, looks like the house did cave, but it isn't a good deal for the working class. We all still got a tax hike.

And way too many loop holes were slipped into the mix.

I say we would have been far better off if we went off supposed cliff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join