It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do in the event of a cyber false flag?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
One of the primary ways in which the advent of the internet has helped to better humanity is that it has given everyone the ability to have a voice. Even those who cannot afford their own domain name and hosting service can still express themselves freely through various outlets such as YouTube, Facebook (although they have been aggressively cracking down on free speech as of late), or various online communities. Before the advent of the internet, all information was force-fed from the top down through the television and radio, and you either had to believe what you were told, or receive no information at all. In this day and age, we have access to all viewpoints regarding all topics, and can decide for ourselves what conclusion seems the most logical.

This is one of the reasons why I suspect it's possible "they" could stage some kind of major event, such as a mass outage in a false flag that will provide them with arguments for expanding control and regulation over the internet, with the goal of limiting its influence as a free speech tool. Something that could enable them to force registration for all internet users, similar to what China has done, so then registration can be revoked from certain types of dissidents, much like a "no-fly" list for the internet. It would still function the same, but anyone deemed a "threat" by some newly created bureaucracy would be cut off from access.

What could we as a community of questioners and critical thinkers do if such a thing were to happen? What if suddenly there no longer existed the ability to question official events or provide alternative insights to mainstream topics, for fear of making the no-access list?

What would *you* as an individual do?
Would you roll over and let it happen, and just decide to be a good obedient sheep from then on?
Would you find another way to have a voice that doesn't involve the internet, such as paper information leaflets or town meetings?
Would you figure out ways to circumvent the cyber Iron Curtain? If so, how?

I'm hoping to get some creative ideas for how such a hypothetical situation could be prepared for and handled, such that we still have the ability to communicate dissenting ideas. Obviously communities of critical thinkers such as this one would have the most to lose, so I think it's worthwhile to think ahead about.

In the best case, this will simply be a brainstorming / problem-solving exercise, and I hope that's all it ever is.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Well, we lived many years without the internet. Maybe we'd go back to meeting people in pubs, talking on the regular phone. Sending each other letters.
Believe it or not people had lives prior to the existence of the internet its just that the internet has made many things easier and people have therefore got lazier.
The ones who would suffer the most are those under 30 years old, they may need some retraining.
As far as conspiracies go, I feel people would connect up still and if the sh*t hit the fan. Like minded people would still get together.
All the net really does is give tptb a way to keep track and snoop on potential troublemakers.
That is a certainty.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I wonder who "they" are.

That they can do such magic.

and get away with it.

on the internet.

join