It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration: We Can and Will Force Christians to Act Against Their Faith

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by pavelivanov22

This is just idiotic.
So if in the Christian faith it was acceptable to beat your wife.
Or rape a woman and pay 50 shekels and keep her as your wife.

Then if the government stepped in and tried to stop it they would be in the wrong?

And also what many people don't understand is that The Pill is just not prescribed for contraceptive reasons. Some women have actual medical conditions that require them to be on the pill. Otherwise they could get that nasty death thing in worst case scenarios.

So is a persons religion more important than someones life? Let's talk about that question.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

...yeah... so what?...it applies...and why do i think that?....because the racism that everybody thought had finally been tapped down and been put to bed in history...came roaring back when obama was elected...i'm a white male, and even i can see it

The only part of any supposed religion that he goes against is that he is black and a democrat. Those are the tenets most of the opposition focuses on. It attacks their racism and their political extremism and that's what they hold most dear.

If he were a white republican doing the exact same things or worse (like taking us to war with a nation that didn't have anything to do with 9/11 or giving tax breaks to billionair buddies while buying off everyone else with a $500 check from the IRS or lying to us on a daily basis) they would be all for it and support him blindly.

But alas, he's got a D in front of his name and a dark hue to his skin, he must be the anti-christ as a result.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

...yeah... so what?...it applies...and why do i think that?....because the racism that everybody thought had finally been tapped down and been put to bed in history...came roaring back when obama was elected...i'm a white male, and even i can see it

Absolutely,
false, there may be those who are, but how do you explain the rampant Bush hatred?
or,
Palin hatred?

The only reason race is an issue is because you people made it an issue.

An issue I didn't even see coming until I was first called a racist, it made me physically ill that people would think that of me, this is why so many people keep quiet.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

What if some business owner decided that they didn't believe in paying more than $2/hr due to their religion? Would it then be legal to pay his employees $2/hr and not the minimum wage? Of course not.

If they were to win this one (which they won't), that's probably what they would go for next.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

Umm... You didn't read a thing about Hostess at the time, did you? They closed because a local little Union who represented UNDER Half the workforce at that plant went on strike and refused to return to work. They didn't care that Hostess was in active Bankruptcy court and so a JUDGE and not Hostess was really in charge. It was so bad in fact, the National Teamsters told that little union that the statement by Hostess that they would either have to return to work or the plant would close was NOT a bluff. The Teamsters, of all people, told that Union to break their little strike and go back,

They refused..... Hostess closed...and AFTER they closed and threw the other half od Non-Union workers into the street as well ... THEN the local union offered to return and end the strike.

Too Little... Too Late...an even the Judge couldn't find a way to make it work after that. Like I said..... Same thing here. This friggen President will happily run private business right into closure over his PERSONAL idea of values and that of Kathleen Sibelius (Of "You will ONLY have beef served medium well or better" while SHE was Gov. of Kansas fame)

Really.. This is just basic facts as reported throughout that whole thing...... I'm shocked you'd so totally miss what it was about?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavelivanov22

Obama Administration: We Can and Will Force Christians to Act Against Their Faith

cnsnews.com

In a legal argument formally presented in federal court in the case of Hobby Lobby v. Kathleen Sebelius, the Obama administration is claiming that the First Amendment—which expressly denies the government the authority to prohibit the “free exercise” of religion—nonetheless allows it to force Christians to directly violate their religious beliefs even on a matter that involves the life and death of innocent human beings.

Because federal judges—including Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor—have refused to grant an injunction protecting the owners of Hobby Lobby from being force
(visit the link for the full news article)

“However, Hobby Lobby and Mardel [its partner company] are not religious organizations,” the ruling states. “Plaintiffs have not cited, and the court has not found, any case concluding that secular, for-profit corporations such as Hobby Lobby and Mardel have a constitutional right to the free exercise of religion.” from the Daily Kos.

Related News Links:
visiontoamerica.com
www.gather.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:

edit on 31-12-2012 by pavelivanov22 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by kthxbai

But alas, he's got a D in front of his name and a dark hue to his skin, he must be the anti-christ as a result.

Seriously?

link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by jimmyx

reply to post by Tw0Sides

I wonder how far this administration will have to go, or what atrocity Obama will have to do, to wake up his SUPPORTERS, to the fact he is a tyrant.

You know, its OK as long as it is happening to the other guy, it isn't until they come after you that it will matter.

For the LOVE of GOD, is there anything about this guy Obama supporters disagree with?

yes...i disagree with obama on the NDAA, on keeping the war in afghanistan going on longer than it should, on outlawing semi-automatics, on NOT prosecuting the bankers for the 2008 debacle

Yet you voted for him I assume?

yes...i wasn't going to vote for an investment banker, who wouldn't even pay taxes on ALL his income, so he sent it offshore. he didn't give a damn about 98% of this country and he made it obvious.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

See you cannot criticizes anything Obama does without being a racist.

Perfect set up isn't it?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

reply to post by kthxbai

Seriously?

Yes, seriously. And you should be ashamed for it.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

Perfect set up isn't it?

Sure you can, you just have to have a reason other than him being a black democrat for doing so. It's not that complicated.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Umm... You didn't read a thing about Hostess at the time, did you? They closed because a local little Union who represented UNDER Half the workforce at that plant went on strike and refused to return to work. They didn't care that Hostess was in active Bankruptcy court and so a JUDGE and not Hostess was really in charge. It was so bad in fact, the National Teamsters told that little union that the statement by Hostess that they would either have to return to work or the plant would close was NOT a bluff. The Teamsters, of all people, told that Union to break their little strike and go back,

They refused..... Hostess closed...and AFTER they closed and threw the other half od Non-Union workers into the street as well ... THEN the local union offered to return and end the strike.

Too Little... Too Late...an even the Judge couldn't find a way to make it work after that. Like I said..... Same thing here. This friggen President will happily run private business right into closure over his PERSONAL idea of values and that of Kathleen Sibelius (Of "You will ONLY have beef served medium well or better" while SHE was Gov. of Kansas fame)

Really.. This is just basic facts as reported throughout that whole thing...... I'm shocked you'd so totally miss what it was about?

You seem to have missed the pertinent point in your own post. Let me help...

They didn't care that Hostess was in active Bankruptcy court

Hostess was in Bankruptcy Court because nobody was buying Twinkies anymore.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

Perfect set up isn't it?

i just did in my previous post....and racism is alive and well, being a white male of 60 years old, i've heard plenty of it.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
It is getting hard to tell which religious group is the more radical: the Evangelical Christians or Muslim Jihadists. They both want to replace secular laws with their religious dogma.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by pavelivanov22

This is just idiotic.
So if in the Christian faith it was acceptable to beat your wife.
Or rape a woman and pay 50 shekels and keep her as your wife.

Then if the government stepped in and tried to stop it they would be in the wrong?

And also what many people don't understand is that The Pill is just not prescribed for contraceptive reasons. Some women have actual medical conditions that require them to be on the pill. Otherwise they could get that nasty death thing in worst case scenarios.

So is a persons religion more important than someones life? Let's talk about that question.

Perhaps you'd missed a couple details early in the debate. In this specific case ...and not generalizing to whatever other things..but the specific case this thread is about ...Hobby Lobby agreed to ALL contraceptives as part of their health care plan. They objected to ONE THING. The Abortion Pill. That's it. That is what they sought a temporary injunction for and were denied.

Now THAT pill has only ONE use. There are no other medically approved uses in the United States for what Hobby Lobby has refused, on religious grounds, to include. Again, it's just ONE option. The 'Morning After Pill' or Abortion pill. I did check the drug info to be absolutely certain before coming back to post though.

There is more than one "Morning After Pill" as it turns out and they come made from two different base drugs, depending on which one we're talking about.

levonorgestrel - oral, Plan B

Ulipristal

(The direct quote from the filing and the Court Service site that carries the details and further information is among that I linked and quoted at the start of the thread. It really was, to the court filing, the ONE thing they WILL NOT do....and for that...they'll face fines to ruin unless they bend to Obama's will)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Abortion is legal in the United States. The radical Christians have to get over it and move on. That war was fought and lost. There are no more battles.

But the radical Christians will just keep re-opening the abortion debate until they get their way. That's what I mean when I say they are intent on imposing their beliefs on others. It's all they think about. They can't accept the fact that abortions are legal.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Wow.....

They were in bankruptcy court to reorganize and come back as a workable entity. ....since you've obviously not read a thing about the actual story then OR now....they were expected to make it, until that little local union pulled their strike.

Look, when the National Teamsters is telling you to STOP STRIKING or you will DESTROY YOUR EMPLOYER...Ya think maybe they know what they're talking about? I mean this was the first case I've ever heard where a National union told a local union to knock off the stupidity and get back to work...but that is exactly what happened here. The teamsters told them...THEY'D LOSE EVERYTHING if they didn't. They didn't believe Hostess or the Teamsters. What do ya know? They did lose everything.

Now... I think that's pretty clear a description of what happened. If you'd like to prove me wrong...good.. Prove would be the operative word here. A link would be the least you ought to supply when your repeatedly saying someone is flat misrepresenting things ..OR.. just flat wrong.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

And precisely why do you think they (Muslims) should be allowed to be exempt? Catholicism is pretty clear about abortion, abortion is murder and against their religion, therefore they should not have to be covered by healthcare that performs any type of abortion (morning after pill), yet they will get no such exemption. This whole thing reeks of hypocrisy.

I'll tell you something else; this exemption does nothing to foment the Muslim acceptance in our country. It appears to be yet another divisionary tactic.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

I would work somewhere else. It's a free country, right? Oh wait, no it's not.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join