It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration: We Can and Will Force Christians to Act Against Their Faith

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Funny how you take everything out of context.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cantyousee
It would not surprise me if some great catastrophy struck America soon that would stop the wheels from turning. You already have an antichrist at the helm.

No, bush went out of office four years ago and took the anti-christ cheney with him

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pavelivanov22

It's your Bible and your God. You know, the God that ordered the death of homosexuals, women who aren't virgins on their wedding nights, children who talk back and people who practice freedom of religion!

edit on 2-1-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by cantyousee

Your God garners no respect from me. You God has no respect for innocent life.

Hosea 13:16
The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open.

Deuteronomy 20:10
When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace.
11 If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. 12 If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city.

2 Kings 15:16
At that time Menahem, starting out from Tirzah, attacked Tiphsah and everyone in the city and its vicinity, because they refused to open their gates. He sacked Tiphsah and ripped open all the pregnant women.

Psalms 137:8
Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us. He who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.

1 Samuel 15:3
Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’”

Matthew 15:3
But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

Do you really think for a minute that God needs your respect? He's rolled over people that don't respect him for centuries. Do you think his existance depends upon your belief? You are a thing of naught in his sight. This whole damned exercise is to identify and rid himdelf of people who don't respect him.
You better watch your tone or you might just find out the hard way of God's existance. and those verses of scripture that you outlined; are living proof that you believe in him. One should fear a God that talks like that and find a way to love him. Those things happened to peopple who didn't. There is such a thing as getting too cocky with God.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I'm sorry you are so filled with hate and contempt that you can't see past your own hypocrisy. A fetus is legally considered a human being when it is developed enough to survive outside the womb. That is the law. It is not murder to have an abortion. If you don't agree, that's fine. That is your CHOICE. That is a key word in this debate: CHOICE. Anti-abortionists would deny the CHOICE to have an abortion because it goes against THEIR beliefs, not necessarily the beliefs of the person who is pregnant, or the law.

But then again, the anti-abortionists choose to only follow the laws they agree with anyway. Like when they murder doctors.

How many people have the Pro-Choice groups murdered? None.

edit on 2-1-2013 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

So, you call it "hate" to want people to not slaughter babies? Interesting attitude, there.

The law is wrong. The baby isn't given a choice. Didn't you claim before to be against abortion? You certainly don't act like it.

Abortion is murder. No different than if they passed a law making it legal to kill your toddler.

If you can't get that, then I have nothing further to say to you.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by R9e9l9o

Please for the love of god, educate yourself in biology. Also stop trying to force your religion on others by wanting abortion to be illegal or at least hard to get.

Keep thy religion to thy self.

Try picking up a copy of the Constitution, and reading it. I can, and will, speak what I feel on various matters, and that includes those based on my beliefs. if you don't like that, tough. Don't read my posts. You have no business telling others that they can't speak freely, or express their religious views freely. Both are guaranteed in the Constitution. You post what you want, and don't be telling others what they can post.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I'm an agnostic, but I have to agree with your post. I find it foolish the people who think God has to act in accordance with their viewpoints, and that if he does something you don't like then he isn't really God. If there is a God, he certainly wouldn't conform to the wishes and moralities of puny humans. God doesn't conform to you, you conform to him, or face the consequences as he sees fit. There is lots of evil in this world that God created, that should be proof enough that God isn't some peace loving hippie, no matter what you think he should be, God is what he is, a mofo to be feared.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

If you don't see the difference between a toddler and a 4 week old fetus then you are beyond help. Abortion isn't murder. A four week old fetus cannot survive on its own outside the womb. If you do not believe this then I am done with you.

You still don't get it and likely never will. Yes, I am personally against it and would never encourage my spouse to get one. And I would try to get her to reconsider. But in the end it is her choice. Why can you not understand this? It is not that hard.

I've adopted three orphans. How many have you adopted?

edit on 3-1-2013 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
Don't read my posts. You have no business telling others that they can't speak freely, or express their religious views freely. Both are guaranteed in the Constitution. You post what you want, and don't be telling others what they can post.

You say as you not only tell other people what they can post but even what they can read...

Do as I say, not as I do...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

this thread doesn't even relate to four week old fetuses, it's about birth control, as far as I know the egg is never given a chance to implant into the uterus.

ya, that one little cell flowing in my body should have rights that trump the rights of all the other cells that make up my body, it's "special"...
come to think of it, with today's technology, maybe we should all be considered murderers when we cut ourselves with a knife. I mean, each one of our cells has the potential to become a human, and we just kill a few hundred or thousand when we got that small little paper cut!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Do you really think for a minute that God needs your respect? He's rolled over people that don't respect him for centuries. Do you think his existance depends upon your belief? You are a thing of naught in his sight. This whole damned exercise is to identify and rid himdelf of people who don't respect him.

You better watch your tone or you might just find out the hard way of God's existance. and those verses of scripture that you outlined; are living proof that you believe in him. One should fear a God that talks like that and find a way to love him. Those things happened to peopple who didn't. There is such a thing as getting too cocky with God.

HAHA! Oooooo I'm shaking in my boots.
LOL

You Christians go around saying that God hates abortion. But, your God doesn't hate abortion. He loves it! Especially if it's done on non-believers or people who worship other gods.

Nowhere in your Bible does God specifically forbid abortion. In fact in Numbers 5, he give instructions to the priests on when and how to perform abortion for a temple ritual of jealousy!

27 And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people.

Other than that, unclean women things were left to women, who knew how to use herbs, and what have you, to cause an abortion. The Talmud instructs one how to break fetal bones, to kill a fetus that is threatening the life of the mother! That's right,............. late term abortions instructions are in the Talmud.

You need to get down off your high and mighty, holier than thou, horse you're riding there! Here, let me help you. I'll hold the reins while you dismount.

By the way, You've got some smutz on you halo, too.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CudiTheKid

I'm an agnostic, but I have to agree with your post. I find it foolish the people who think God has to act in accordance with their viewpoints, and that if he does something you don't like then he isn't really God. If there is a God, he certainly wouldn't conform to the wishes and moralities of puny humans. God doesn't conform to you, you conform to him, or face the consequences as he sees fit. There is lots of evil in this world that God created, that should be proof enough that God isn't some peace loving hippie, no matter what you think he should be, God is what he is, a mofo to be feared.

Now we are getting somewhere. I've heard the definition of a genius is knowing which question to ask. Now ask yourself a question. How can God be Good and yet sanction the things he's done?
If God is God then both have to exist. He has to be all good and he has to have legitimate reason to sanction these things. I submit those who have trouble reconciling this have to reevaluate their concept of good and bad.
It may just be that your concept of good and bad is wrong and needs to be tweaked a bit.
Here's another question that needs an answer. Why would God allow a being like Satan to exist? God did not create satan evil. Satan became evil under his own voalition. But why did God keep him around? The answer to that question reveals the God of the Bible. The God of Abraham. The God of all creation.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Try picking up a copy of the Constitution, and reading it. I can, and will, speak what I feel on various matters, and that includes those based on my beliefs. if you don't like that, tough. Don't read my posts. You have no business telling others that they can't speak freely, or express their religious views freely. Both are guaranteed in the Constitution. You post what you want, and don't be telling others what they can post.

I see you're reading the Constitution but not understanding.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

You, as a person, can freely express your opinion. Though it might have repercussions. So just be careful.
(Side Note: for example yelling fire in a theater. Not all speech is protected especially when imminent lawless action could arise because of your speech.)

Now the Government, on the other hand, has what it can do or say or support clearly defined.
In the establishment clause. The constitution says the government may be neither in favor or against any 1 religion or be in favor or against non religion. It must support everyone equally.

On the grounds of abortion being against your beliefs/faith. There is no way in the world that the government could pass a law based on said beliefs.
It would be unconstitutional.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

LOL

You Christians go around saying that God hates abortion. But, your God doesn't hate abortion. He loves it! Especially if it's done on non-believers or people who worship other gods.

Nowhere in your Bible does God specifically forbid abortion. In fact in Numbers 5, he give instructions to the priests on when and how to perform abortion for a temple ritual of jealousy!

27 And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people.

Other than that, unclean women things were left to women, who knew how to use herbs, and what have you, to cause an abortion. The Talmud instructs one how to break fetal bones, to kill a fetus that is threatening the life of the mother! That's right,............. late term abortions instructions are in the Talmud.

You need to get down off your high and mighty, holier than thou, horse you're riding there! Here, let me help you. I'll hold the reins while you dismount.

That verse has nothing to do with abortion. it has to do with finding out if a women committed adultery on her husband during the days of the judges. If a man suspected his wife of adultery he had no way to prove it unless he caught her in the act. No where in God's word does he sanction or condone abortion.
Some people are just destined, I guess, to never love God and they will argue their case with illogical and unreasonable things. It all boils down to whether you love your creator and want to spend eternity with him. he's shown us how and he has made a way by sending his only begotten son to die the death that we(you) deserve.
Let the potsherds strive with the potsherds but woe unto those who strive with their maker.
Where did I ever say that i was Holier than you or anyone else? Is it becasue I do not condone abortion and you do. Does that put me above the holy line where you stand? The bible says that all my good works are filthy rags.
I may be more secure than you in eternity. I may have more hope than you. I may even live a life less stressful than you, but we are all sinners in God's eyes. I am saved because of my faith in the Redeemer.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
My mother of seventy eight years wrote this poem a few years ago. She asked me to put it on here.
Silent Cry
Oh little one, wrapped in the warmth of your mother's womb
Will you little one escape the garbage for your tomb
You have no rights, no choice, you can only die
They say, unborn you're not a child. They lie!
They see pictures of you moving and torn
But there hearts are hardened. They never mourn
I cannot save you little one. You must die
Can only God alone hear your silent cry
Those who wish to save you encounter only hate
Judas's in high courts have sealed your fate

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
it still amazes me in the year 2013, that people believe what a mythical being said some 2000 years ago written in a book 140 years after his son (jesus) died with no knowledge of the actual authors of the books of the bible, and that the bible is to be taken literally...no lies, no story telling, no problems with interpretations of the languages by stupid uneducated desert dwelling people, barely able to keep themselves alive, past the age of 35.
and yet, here we are, religous people, telling the rest of us what bibical laws we should live our daily lives by....talk about tin-foil-hat people...jeez

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

LOL

That verse has nothing to do with abortion. it has to do with finding out if a women committed adultery on her husband during the days of the judges. If a man suspected his wife of adultery he had no way to prove it unless he caught her in the act. No where in God's word does he sanction or condone abortion.

Don't be naive! What do you think happens when a women sleeps with a man? I guess you think that the priests used magic water that "knew" when a women was pregnant with a man other than her husband, and caused "a just abortion." What do you think happens to a pregnant woman who's belly swells with the curse, after drinking the bitter water, causing her "thigh" to rot, and be a curse to all women?"

Some people are just destined, I guess, to never love God and they will argue their case with illogical and unreasonable things. It all boils down to whether you love your creator and want to spend eternity with him. he's shown us how and he has made a way by sending his only begotten son to die the death that we(you) deserve.
Let the potsherds strive with the potsherds but woe unto those who strive with their maker.
Where did I ever say that i was Holier than you or anyone else? Is it becasue I do not condone abortion and you do. Does that put me above the holy line where you stand? The bible says that all my good works are filthy rags.
I may be more secure than you in eternity. I may have more hope than you. I may even live a life less stressful than you, but we are all sinners in God's eyes. I am saved because of my faith in the Redeemer.

Look, I don't have a problem with whatever you believe. But, when you bring up GOD, the same GOD of the Old Testament that ordered abortion, thievery, rape, murder etc., as your justification against abortion, you're just being a hypocrite.

If you're against something, don't hide behind your God, putting words he never said in his mouth, like it's the final and ultimate morality. Stand up yourself and proclaim your opposition without pretending that God is different than what is written in the Bible about him. Have your own opinion, and stop hiding behind God's skirt!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

LOL

how dare you say that i'm a sinner, you know nothing about me, and yet i'm automatically evil and bad to your way of thinking. and who would want to spend eternity with someone where all emotions and desires are completely gone, except never-ending love for your god. there is no critical-thinking, no questioning, no personal choices and you have to obey everything he tells you, absent any other thought....a heavenly North Korea

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Hosea 13:16
The people of Samaria must bear their guilt,
because they have rebelled against their God.
They will fall by the sword;
their little ones will be dashed to the ground,
their pregnant women ripped open.”

So, it's perfectly fine and "Christian" to perform abortions on Sumarian women huh?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

LOL

how dare you say that i'm a sinner, you know nothing about me, and yet i'm automatically evil and bad to your way of thinking. and who would want to spend eternity with someone where all emotions and desires are completely gone, except never-ending love for your god. there is no critical-thinking, no questioning, no personal choices and you have to obey everything he tells you, absent any other thought....a heavenly North Korea

You not gonna sit there and tell us you're not a sinner are you? And what are you gonna do about your sin when you meet your creator? Are you prepared to tell him that you don't recognize his authority and he has no business judging you? Just how are you gonna face him? Your disbelief in him isn't gonna negate you answering to him. Better get your head out of the dark place and quit being obtuse. Everyone on this planet is a sinner. There was only one ever came who wasn't and you don't believe in him. Where does that put you?

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join