It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The meaning of LIFE is reproduction. The meaning of MAN is.... Faith?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The meaning of life is easy... It's to reproduce. What is the only thing a single cell organism thinks about? Reproducing. Ta dah! But what is the meaning of MAN? Why are we so different than the the rest of the life on this planet? How come we only build monuments to our existence? For instance if chimp is in an enclosure they will leave it the way it is the entire time Until they die. They won't move anything of or rearrange the furniture if you will even though they know they will never leave the cage. You would think that they would try to change their environment more to their liking but they don't. They have no sense of order other than mear survival of the species but yet they can be "taught" to the levels of human kids but still don't show any more level of order in their lives. Like if a chimp would die no one would build a grave site for it even though they could. That's where MAN becOmes unique. Even from very early in mans history we had evidence of burials and ceremonies for the dead. Chimps have been around just as long but don't show these qualities and they are our closest relative. Now let's say we evolved wouldn't that make other animals like dolphins and crocs just as smart as humans but they don't mourn the dead hell they will eat the carcus. Humans have faith regardless if you're religius or not. If you ever played the lottery you have faith or you wouldn't play right. We are willing to wait and see rather than only live life in the moment like every other animal on earth. We will find ourselves praying to anything even if you say youre not spiritual. Why are we unique in this manner when you would think other animals would share it if we evolved.

So this leads me to believe we were created this way or we evolved and this is end game for our form. But if evolution is the answer how come some animals are still behind but have been around a long time like alligators evolution could improve on them and make them a lot faster, stronger, stay under the water longer than they do now. I mean over millions of years they should be super crocs but nope they still have trouble catching food to eat.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Good post.

Logic points in one direction. We are different than animals in more than a physical sense.

I've never seen a spiritual chimp. Yet all humans have eternity on their heart. They dream beyond self and desire more than physical life.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

Just thought I would stop in and give ya some data to Google

" DNA: The Tiny Code That's Toppling Evolution "

there is no such thing as evolution

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by trinityalways

I think that's what the OP was implying without saying it.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Meaning of life is to learn. Everything is on the same path, just different spots. This path is limitless, both negatively and positively. "man" is just one step on that path, one mark on the infinite spectrum. We are souls that are learning our lessons so that we may move to our next step. To see outside the loop is to have self awareness. Self awareness is a step within the infinite path, within the scope of man. It is miniscule, but it is essential in the path of progress.

To say anyone knows all of the answers is silly. To say one is oriented in the 'most correct' direction is more accurate. Nobody can be perfect, but we CAN strive for it, which everyone should.. In other words, DO YOUR BEST, and listen to heart.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

I think you have captured the habit of life. What life does.

I don't think what it is - is it's meaning. I think that is something different.
It is to learn and take pictures with your eyes and heart and save them for another day.

You'll need all these images, all these feelings, all these memories. Someday.

They are like a bag of marbles.

Life is like a bag of marbles.

edit on 30-12-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

sounds like solid philosophy, i like proof though when i'm deciding the direction to point my life.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

What better proof than pain or pleasure? What better proof than what your heart tells you? Willpower is something that is revealed to you by our creator. When you are self aware, you may actually direct your willpower towards our creator and ask for more than what you have. Folks pray once and when it doesnt happen, abandon hope. This is the biggest error of mankind, and sadly it is the mentality that is taught through modern "culture". To give up on praying is no different than to give up on living, ultimately.

Giving up... is the same as allowing your 'lesson' to shift your orientation of your heart. The goal is to maintain your orientation, your positive mindset, despite what you are faced with. Maintaining your mindset can be seen as concrete. Knowing our creator is behind everything we witness in our 'reality' is the other concrete. In between the two is our everchanging soul, which must be shaped but cannot unless it has two concrete entities to shape it. Triangulation anyone?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

I agree
2nd

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Mankind was created to evolve, it is in the blueprint our DNA.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I thought it was like a box of chocolates?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras

We were created in the image of a perfect God. Perfect doesn't evolve.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

reply to post by newcovenant

I thought it was like a box of chocolates?

Chocolates...yes!

and unique and different sorts of marbles!

But don't eat the marbles.

Use them.

edit on 31-12-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED

No offense but looking around...this God ain't so perfect.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I think we were put here to live and reproduce. We were given a set of guidelines that was for our benefit but we can choose whether or not to use them or not. I believe God put us here to become who we wanted to become and that he allows us the freedom to do just that.

However we can see from the history of Man and even from our own life experience how some of the guidelines he put forth make sense to follow to improve our lives and our happiness.

What does he want? A willingness to follow him and give him the respect he deserves as our Leader.

Not to much to ask considering he made us. As a parent I can see the wisdom in his approach and why he allows man the freedom to worship him or not.

Lucifer is the one who does not believe we should have the right to choose whom we worship. He does not believe we should be allowed this type of decision because we are but human waste at his feet to do with what he chooses and nothing more. This is the iluminati's god and they will do anything for him, and since THEY are running this country we are for the most part at their/his mercy for the time being.

Pay attention to how he works his evil deeds through politics, and t.v. movies and various entertainments. He knows how we tick because he is thousands upon thousands of years old.

But he knows his time is limited and he hates that we have been given a second chance where he will be given NONE.

This IS the truth and I would swear it to my death because death is but a doorway to the life we have all been promised!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by iSHRED

No offense but looking around...this God ain't so perfect.

I said we were created perfect, I didn't say we could handle and remain perfect.

top topics

join