It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Bible the Word of God?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
reply to post by AfterInfinity

No, that doesn't make any sense.

It only makes sense if you believe that God designed mankind with the free will to choose how sharply they wanted to reflect that image.
The rain falls on believers and unbelievers alike. Also the crippled and the fit, the poor and the rich, and those that murder and those that heal.
However, it is up to each individual to choose to invest in the effort to seek out an umbrella.

I used to dance in the rain as a child.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas

Originally posted by stupid girl

No, that doesn't make any sense.

It only makes sense if you believe that God designed mankind with the free will to choose how sharply they wanted to reflect that image.
The rain falls on believers and unbelievers alike. Also the crippled and the fit, the poor and the rich, and those that murder and those that heal.
However, it is up to each individual to choose to invest in the effort to seek out an umbrella.

I used to dance in the rain as a child.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Or, the obstacles can make you become stronger. Take for instance when tragedy strikes, like a tornado. Many get upset, but they get back up and become stronger from that experience. Or, when a tire blows out from your vehicle. You know what to do next time around, everything is always a learning experience.

Even sin. I understand why sin is demonized, but I don't agree with it. There is no shame in having flaws to learn from, as long as you DO learn from them.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Even sin. I understand why sin is demonized, but I don't agree with it. There is no shame in having flaws to learn from, as long as you DO learn from them.

I agree. Much can be learned from having done bad, as long as you have learned and not indulge, as you have said.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

You do indeed follow religion, claiming angels and demons for one thing, and presuming to be an archangel yourself for another and for someone who claims not to follow religion you sure do spout a lot of scripture in all your previous and current posts!!

And in a thread I am participating on you stated quite clearly that you are privy to the hierarchy of heaven amongst other fantasies.

Clearly you are religious and as such your statements lean to that dogma

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by phyllida

and for someone who claims not to follow religion you sure do spout a lot of scripture in all your previous and current posts!!

I use it as a reference point, as many require of it, based on said beliefs. Christianity is the closest to what is, but it still does not explain the inner workings of above.

And in a thread I am participating on you stated quite clearly that you are privy to the hierarchy of heaven amongst other fantasies.

I use the word heaven for easy reference, instead of saying above or home, others can relate to that in which I speak.

Clearly you are religious and as such your statements lean to that dogma

Religion is mans view of God, I surely do not follow the teachings of man. Many of my posts use religious tones, because others here can relate.

For instance, if I am speaking to one in Asia who does not follow religion, I will not use religion to convey a point, the same for if I spoke to a Muslim in person, I will use what resonates with them. Do not assume something based on what is written here.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

For instance, if I am speaking to one in Asia who does not follow religion, I will not use religion to convey a point, the same for if I spoke to a Muslim in person, I will use what resonates with them. Do not assume something based on what is written here.

Ok, then. With that in mind, please summarize your view of the Creator, and what you deem most important, for a man to accomplish, while he bides his time on Earth.
edit on 1/7/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: sp

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Do not assume something based on what is written here.

Hmmm erm well since I can ONLY assume from what you write, what else do you suggest I do exactly?

You state you don't follow the teachings of man. Have you never read a book? And as we are all taught to some degree by others, what teachings do you say that you follow?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by phyllida

Just another guy suffering delusions, engaging in internet "one upping" with vaguely religious, pseudo intellectual garbage. Time to move on, I suppose!
edit on 7-1-2013 by jasonl1983 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonl1983

Ho hum

I wonder if this place breeds these people? or is it catching? is there a cure? Perhaps it should carry a health warning

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
To the last couple users that posted...I have a selection I posted in another thread that applies here as well.

Ah, but there are different levels of awareness within the spirit, varying degrees of self. You become your spirit in degrees, but there are ways to dilute it. You can filter your awareness of it, but it's becoming more aware of it that's the hard part.

And since we're rarely schooled in the subject, it is difficult to tell the difference between imagined meanings and true spirit. It's so simple to understand, but very few seem to realize, probably because they would believe it to be witchcraft, even though every single true practicing Christian practices witchcraft quite frequently, whenever they go to sermons. You can find every symbol, metaphor, holy implement, and even some of the prayers in cultures that existed long before Christianity was even thought of. Anyway, everything you feel and experience must be translated in order to be expressed and disgust, right? You must put labels on these ideas. A system of auditory vibrations that can be arranged into a meaningful pattern and list a series of impressions to identify and process and store. But these vibrations don't mean anything by themselves - at least, not that we are able to perceive with our five senses. They are useless. An idea must be given to them, like fresh data entered into a completely new system. If it is a new idea, it gets a new label, a new parameter. And the more people that use it, the more it is known. But the best part is - redefining it. You redefine an idea, and it changes how everyone looks at it and feels about it. You can turn good into evil in a matter of weeks. It's called Neurolinguistic Programming, a very simple and subtle art of crowd control. It's a magnificent control mechanism, especially when everyone is trained to trust you.

Its scary, and it's real. Now look at it this way - money rules the world. If you want to be anybody at all, you have to have money. People like impressive stuff, and impressive stuff costs money. Lots of it. So these great and mighty churches suddenly find themselves in a world where freedom of religion is gaining popularity. They are about to be lost in the swell of civilization, like so many empires before them. So what do they do? They buy into politics, selling whatever excuse they have to in order to take more and more money. "God" may be omnipotent, but he definitely isn't sharing. So when the head honchos of the Vatican begin realizing how much power they have with all this money, they establish a system.

And now, in order to maintain the thrall of the public for the benefit of politicians and priests everywhere, the church has redefined everything holy, making sure to leave us a single direction by which to find spirituality. And that's only part of it. That's not mentioning division and degradation. These are another third of the argument each. And that's only one half altogether. I see a lot wrong with the current spiritual system, because it's the Rothschild of religion. Talks a lot of good game, but doesn't stand up to scrutiny. And in the end, it short changes everyone, whether they notice it or not.

You can guarantee it's happened more than once throughout the tumultuous power struggles this world has seen. No religion is safe from politics. You can never know how deep the American eagle has sunk its claws into the heart of our faiths. That's why I don't trust the Bible. It has too much power over the minds of men. Humans have proven many times that they are capable of great stupidity en masse. Give them what they want for less, and you've caught their attention. Convince them you're the only one who has what they want, and you've got them in your pocket.

Dangerous stuff, spirituality. It's one of the deadliest tools you will ever find. People will kill and die for it. People will commit the most depraved acts for it and debase themselves endlessly for it. It can turn men into gods...or into dogs. If that's not a ready-made weapon for use against mankind, then I don't know what is.
edit on 7-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Check out the NIV first book of the bible chapter 3 verse 5. Then read NIV last book of the bible chaper 3 verse 16.

You see you must study certain things to see correlations like this. I'm not going to give you the explaination because I can't do it over the internet the computer will "load" me and put me up for "loading" again. If you keep posting information on the internet like this over and over again on christian websites then the computer will "load" you in the last book of the bible and you will be in trouble. So if you come across information as sophisticated as this and want to spread the word DO NOT keep posting it, only post it once. If you don't give an explaination then that is fine you can keep posting it - everything has a less sophisticated explaination so use this to your advantage.

But you can conclude what I said about the NIV on your own I'm very sure.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Hey AI~

I was wondering if you have ever seen the movie "The Book of Eli" with Denzel Washington?
If for some reason you haven't, I think it is something that you would really enjoy. It's an apocalyptic action flick throughout, but based on Biblically inspired esoteric principals, which are left up to the viewer to interpret for themselves.
It's got some pretty sweet ass-kickin' scenes in it too.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Hey AI~

I was wondering if you have ever seen the movie "The Book of Eli" with Denzel Washington?
If for some reason you haven't, I think it is something that you would really enjoy. It's an apocalyptic action flick throughout, but based on Biblically inspired esoteric principals, which are left up to the viewer to interpret for themselves.
It's got some pretty sweet ass-kickin' scenes in it too.

Yes, I have seen it. I enjoyed it immensely. While there is some inspirational material (largely concerned with his "issue" that should have killed him right in the beginning) I was more intrigued by the willingness of men to kill for the power the Bible has to offer. Not just for the truth, but for the CONTROL.

The scary part is, it's true. The Bible is that powerful. Men will kill, men will die, and men will suffer terrible misfortunes and still sing praises for the Bible. Something so powerful is beyond tempting for the average political-minded soul. It's a mandatory property, a weapon above all weapons. For the people to willingly give you their lives for a simple book...it's breath taking in its possibilities.

And it's utterly terrifying.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationsDivad
Check out the NIV first book of the bible chapter 3 verse 5. Then read NIV last book of the bible chaper 3 verse 16.

You see you must study certain things to see correlations like this. I'm not going to give you the explaination because I can't do it over the internet the computer will "load" me and put me up for "loading" again. If you keep posting information on the internet like this over and over again on christian websites then the computer will "load" you in the last book of the bible and you will be in trouble. So if you come across information as sophisticated as this and want to spread the word DO NOT keep posting it, only post it once. If you don't give an explaination then that is fine you can keep posting it - everything has a less sophisticated explaination so use this to your advantage.

But you can conclude what I said about the NIV on your own I'm very sure.

I see no correlation other than possibly interpreting hot and cold as good and evil. Which would be an incorrect understanding of what Christ is speaking of when He uses hot and cold to describe the lack of commitment by the Church of Laodicea.
I am also perplexed as to how my computer is capable of loading me into the Book of Revelation. If what you are alluding to is the Lamb's Book of Life, it was written long before computers were invented, I can assure you.

I will be the first to admit, unless someone has beaten me to it, that I am unable to conclude anything of discernible merit with the information you shared here thus far.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
I see many on here and even offline speak of the Bible being the Word of God. Is this true?

If I open up to any section of said Bible, I will get this:

Ezekiel 1:1

In my thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles by the Kebar River, the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God.

or

2 Cor. 12:2

I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know--God knows.

I see the above scripture and many others, speak of a person speaking these things about their own experiences with God or his angels, or their own life.

When others speak on the Bible being the word of God, are they saying every word is of his? Or, are they saying, it is his word to us?

So if it is or isn't the Word of God, what ultimate purpose does the Bible serve us?

In as much as we are little flames of god, and it is scribed by men...it is the word of men...it cannot be a faithful, complete and true transliteration in any sense of the word (no pun intended)...for obvious reasons...

However, common sense, and a sense of the timeless nature of instructional sentencing can remove the added inconsistencies. This applies to all cosmological treatises, up to and including the truth coming from the 'mouths of babes'.

A99

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

Originally posted by TheChosenKing
God cannot be limited by the constraints of human languages.

This, is true...

There exists NO language, that can even begin to describe, Pure Love. Let alone communicate this meaning to another.

they say Love is the language of the universe.

i have my own personall god theory, i dont expect you to believe it but it might be enlightening to a degree.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Origionally posted by Stupid Girl:

I see no correlation......

The rest of your post was added as a quote too stupid girl... but my browser wouldn't show the rest of your post. So just imagine it being written in the quotation.

Yes, yes... you get it stupid girl... But the computer I'm refering to is not a regular computer, it controls the things around us. Don't get the idea that I'm trying to say we are in a video game or anything like that. But when I say "loading", the word I'm talking about starts with "C" and you do it when you are "rapping", just like ghetto poetry. I won't say the word because I don't want to engage the computer again. There are other posters on this website that write vague posts just like this but they scramble their grammer in their posts. They are avoiding engagement of the computer as I am right now.

But as for good and evil, if you don't understand it as you have put it yourself then I don't think you'll ever understand it until sometime in the future...

I've defeated the computer when it "loaded" me and the "load" was broken because I did atleast eighty percent of the "loading" in the last book of the bible.

I think the computer can give you power from the last book of the bible and I'm sure this is where the two people in the last book of the bible get their powers but die.

I can't get into too much detail so... Just understand what you can...

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationsDivad
Originally posted by Stupid Girl:

I see no correlation......

The rest of your post was added as a quote too stupid girl... but my browser wouldn't show the rest of your post. So just imagine it being written in the quotation.

Yes, yes... you get it stupid girl... But the computer I'm refering to is not a regular computer, it controls the things around us. Don't get the idea that I'm trying to say we are in a video game or anything like that. But when I say "loading", the word I'm talking about starts with "C" and you do it when you are "rapping", just like ghetto poetry. I won't say the word because I don't want to engage the computer again. There are other posters on this website that write vague posts just like this but they scramble their grammer in their posts. They are avoiding engagement of the computer as I am right now.

But as for good and evil, if you don't understand it as you have put it yourself then I don't think you'll ever understand it until sometime in the future...

I've defeated the computer when it "loaded" me and the "load" was broken because I did atleast eighty percent of the "loading" in the last book of the bible.

I think the computer can give you power from the last book of the bible and I'm sure this is where the two people in the last book of the bible get their powers but die.

I can't get into too much detail so... Just understand what you can...

Thanks!

oooh I love riddles! Especially esoteric ones.
Starts with a "C" and can be used for 'loading' or 'rapping', hmmmm...
compose
converse
charge
convey
communicate

I'm assuming by "engaging the computer" you mean calling attention to yourself to those whom are all around us, but that we simply are not capable of perceiving? The spirit world?
This wouldn't matter to those of whom are already in your proximity, as they are already aware of your doings, it would only matter to those not within your spatial anchor at any given moment. And even then, I'm assuming you would only be concerned with the 'Baddies', which as long as you are walking in righteousness, have no accusation to wield at you or foothold to grip. Unless you give them fodder to work with through unresolved wrongdoing, they are utterly limited to what God allows for our own personal growth.
So by engaging the computer, am I to understand that you are attempting to stay under the radar from a particular Baddie? Other than that, I do not understand, as God is omniscient and perpetually ministers His will to the unseen 'Goodies' so any attempt not to engage them would be in vain. And if you are not involved in wrongdoing, then I would think that their engagement on your behalf would be something desired.

Am I also to understand that you feel that good and evil are being represented by hot and cold in Christ's statement to the Church of Laodicea? That is incorrect, for Christ would not wish for anyone to be evil and this is supported by scripture. To be evil is to perish and this is not desired by Christ.

If the computer you speak of is, in fact, the unseen spirit world, you are once again mistaken if I am understanding you correctly. We are told that the Two Witnesses, whether you believe they are two actual individuals or the two houses of Israel, are given their power from Christ Himself. Thus going by the only alternative of your rationale, Christ would be the computer, which cannot be because He cannot be defeated.

Or, perhaps you are speaking of the written Word, as the Bible text, being read, thus loaded into your mind, sorta like a program of sorts? This I can understand, because it is true. To understand the deeper meaning hidden within His Word, you first have to load the software, ie: read it. All of it. Then go back and allow the Spirit to open your mind to the eternity of understanding and meaning that has been layered within the Bible right in front of our face the whole time.
That is why it seems contradictory and makes no sense to most.

If you are not here to help us, or give understanding, then why have you presented this riddle to us?
Just wondering. I still find it fascinating, although I am a bit perplexed at why you harbor so much fear. Christ defeated all at his death, thus we have the same victory as participants of His Body.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join