It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

navy seal commander "commits suicide"---what? another one?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
this is the guy who commandered the seal team that "took out" osama bin ladin. he was job price and certainly does not look like the type of guy to commit such an act. it seems like anyone involved with the "story" of taking out osama is liquified to prevent the real story from leaking out. full brief story here

www.guardian.co.uk...

other members of the seal team were earlier" shot down" in a helicopter by the "taliban"?

SEAL Team 6, unit that killed Osama bin Laden, died in helicopter crash.

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I was in the navy and tried out and trained with navy seals for like 2 weeks before i decided i couldn't handle it in bootcamp(dive motivator). From what i saw of the seals and learned during that short period of time i don't think suicide is apart of their MO. As far as i could tell all of the ones i had interactions with LOVED being navy seals and wouldn't trade it for anything.

I don't know what that means but there really is a lot of odd occurrences surrounding the navy seals recently. I mean they are the most elite force in the world right? I guess the pressures can be great...
edit on 30-12-2012 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
All very suspicious. Maybe they did really know too much. Guess some missions are just always going to be "suicide" missions, no matter how many months separate the mission from the suicide. Maybe it's the nature of the beast.And these SEALS probably knew that going in.
edit on 12/30/2012 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I read the links. Where does it suggest this Commander participated with the Bin Laden raid? Seal 6 is a *BIG* team with many elements. It isn't the simple Seal team that just so happened to be numbered 6 to denote where it was based in the start. It's a whole organization unto itself now.

As your second link notes on the update at the end...the helicopter had no Seal 6 members on-board who'd been in Pakistan for the raid. I'm real interested if there is something else saying the Commander in the first link actually was there tho? That would be interesting for how things turn out.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hmmmmmn

I have trained with USNS in joint training (UK/US)

They do not die without permission...

Very strange...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The article said Seal Team 4 tho not 6....but still as an "apparent suicide" it needs to be investigated. Conspiracy-wise, it is possible that he was not involved in the OBL "mission" but came into knowledge of the true story and indicated that he would release the story. Not saying that is factual tho.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Even if he was on Seal Team 6, it doesn't mean he had anything to do with the OBL raid, just as the ones on the helicopter that was shot down had nothing to do with it. Seal 6 is made up of many elements as Wrabbit said, and they all operate independently of each other. But your article mentions Seal 4, which was training Afghan police forces.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Its threads like this that make me loose all respect for any reasearch done by anyone but myself!!! how do you connect any of this to the bin laden hunt???

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Well, starting with the fact that Bin Laden has been dead since at the latest 2007, and ending with the fake "seal team 6" take out of Bin Laden, what would they expect.

Damage control is a btch.

Remember the Chinhook that went down and killed a lot of the "seal team 6"?

Remember how Disney bought the rights to all things "seal team 6"?

There was no seal team 6 take out of OBL.

This was all fluff to get Obama off to a good start

Edit:
and take our attention off of Afghanistan so we can set back up the opium and the pipe line projects.

edit on 30-12-2012 by FinalCountdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
He was from team 4.... Not team 6 and did not participate in the bin laden raid. .. 4 and 6 are NOT the same number..not the same team. ..thats like saying because you play baseball and youre on the yankees team, then your on the res sox too....no theyre two different teams....and, you don't get to his position in command because you're unstable...but...there are wisperings of marital issues.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Like another poster said, the second link says as a CNN update that it didn't contain any of SEAL Team 6, perhaps if you can edit the OP then it would save you hearing this again.

I have met some of these guys and I would have to agree that it doesn't seem in their bones for an act like this.

That said, these guys have been targeted before, perhaps because they are there, other troops have been targeted before too. Hopefully this isn't an emerging pattern.

Also, this report details that security leaks are being questioned.

www.navytimes.com...
washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Seal team six (DEVGRU) is made up of hundreds of soldiers. If he was a commander on the raid, he was part of DEVGRU/red team and the seals shot down were part of DEVGRU/gold team. According to the article though he is part of Seal Team four. Of course you can throw together any group of operatives and slap a name on them for the story.

Now one would have to know if those whom took part in the bin laden raid later were reassigned to gold team. We would need the names of those whom took part in the raid and those whom died in the shootdown to cross reference.

I wonder if there were witnesses to the aircraft having been hit. If there were it was really just that, an lucky RPG, or if it was an inside job, it must have been an operative with a very reliable Lockon weapon.

As far as we know, the commander was not DEVGRU though but Seal Team 4, but we will only know for sure whom took part in the raid and who didnt when we have the names. I doubt you will ever read DEVGRU commander comitted suicide. The Navy changed the designation of DEVGRU to something else classified, so we know basically nothing about the Navy all stars team, not its name, not its structure and not the designations within the structure. We can use what we know about Seal Team Six/DEVGRU but what we throw around might as well be outdated with little or no relevance at all when it comes to identifying Seal team six and its teams.

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
Like another poster said, the second link says as a CNN update that it didn't contain any of SEAL Team 6, perhaps if you can edit the OP then it would save you hearing this again.

www.navytimes.com...
washingtonexaminer.com...

The shootdown was of Seal Team 6 members but of Gold team while supposedly Seal team 6 red team took part in the raid, but again to know for sure whether the people who took part in the raid were on that helicopter one would need the names. According to WIKI Gold Team is the Premier Assault Team, one would expect for such a high priced target they would use members from gold team if premier indicates that it is the most expert/best assault team of DEVGRU .

As far as I know, you do not join DEVGRU the way you join any of the SEAL Teams. I think you join a seal team and if you are very good, you get recruited out of one of the Seal Teams into DEVGRU. DEVGRU does all the fun stuff movies and videogames are about, while many of the seal teams also do things like training the local police. I am not really sure what the turnover in DEVGRU is. For all I know, you are SEAL team 4 one day, then DEVGRU needs you for this or that and after the operation you are seal team 4 again. Maybe all of DEVGRU is at the same time a member of SEAL Team 1 to x where they originate from, to maintain secrecy and it is up to the navy if they want to identify as a member of DEVGRU or as a member of the SEAL TEAM you originate from. One would have to turn to somebody on the inside whom in turn would commit some kind of crime by passing on information.

It can be inferred from the quality of their pool of applicants that those considered are in peak physical condition, maintain an excellent reputation as operators within the Naval Special Warfare community, and have done multiple operational deployments with a SEAL Team. As a result, the candidate will usually be in his 30s. As ST6 was recruiting the best and brightest SEALs/UDTs from the regular teams, this created animosity between the unit and the "regular" teams, who considered that their best SEALs were being poached for the unit.

edit on 31-12-2012 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2012 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
ok, thanks guys for pointing out the mix-up with 4 and 6. my apologies.

the fishy part however still remains and as one or two posters inferred; seal commanders are highly unlikely to commit suicide. too many times we see "convenient" suicides.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangutang
ok, thanks guys for pointing out the mix-up with 4 and 6. my apologies.

the fishy part however still remains and as one or two posters inferred; seal commanders are highly unlikely to commit suicide. too many times we see "convenient" suicides.

Actually there is no mixup. We do not know for sure who is part of DEVGRU when and for how long, or what the actual name for DEVGRU is thesedays. If you die on an operation performed by DEVGRU or whatever its called like today, then you died while you were a seal team six member. If you commit suicide or die in a car crash then you were part of whatever seal team DEVGRU recruited you from, or are still a member of, while operating for DEVGRU.

Bottom line is, its just a label. As soon as its on wikipedia the navy changes the designation of its navy all stars team and they sure do not tell the media. Only way to know whom was involved in the operation and whether or not some of these people died in a crash or were suicided is to have the names of the operatives whom took part in the raid.

Same for Delta Force/CAG, which has been renamed again by now and will be renamed again when details like the name of the unit and its structure leak out to the public.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Hired killers prefer hanging their victim and creating the appearance of a self-inflicted death. Even the suicide note can be faked under torture. Investigators find it impossible to prove murder without a witness or confession from the ones that strangled their victim with a sheet or belt.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Ok, setting aside the Osama Bin Laden link for a minute, what immediately struck me is the sudden deaths of a great many leaders in the military; suicides, missions gone awry etc... Add in the "resignations" and dismissals and I believe that what we're seeing is the systematic dismantling on our military structure. It would be incredibly important to TPTB to remove any command structure that could interfere with a coordinated ability to issue orders in defiance of the Constitution. If one well-liked and highly respected Commander stood up to an illegal order, it would fracture the overall command structure and the ability of an unknown group to dispatch the military against American citizens.

I can feel it coming folks. I don't want it to - but I can't deny the 800 pound gorilla in the room any longer! We are on the edge and I'm just waiting for the next shoe to drop - which may be the last.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The memebrs on that team have been releasing the story in parts. Theres that movie out in theaters right now, I believe theres a book as well, government wants them dead. Why? Maybe bin laden is not really dead

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Edgar806

Except the ones "being killed" weren't the ones on the raid. Seal Team Six as it's popularly called, isn't one entity. It's made up of several smaller elements, most of which had nothing to do with the Bin Laden raid.

CX

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
A bit of research into depression and suicide amongst the special forces (UK as well as US) makes interesting reading. Especially when the soldier leaves the forces.

Everyone has a breaking point, no matter what they were in.

It's not always a conspiracy.

CX.
edit on 14/1/13 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by orangutang

SEAL Team 6, unit that killed Osama bin Laden, died in helicopter crash.

Ohhhh really….

Sorry dude that is flat out wrong.

SEAL Team Six Helicopter Crash

I suggest you read that.

Anyway this guy came from SEAL Team Two.

He has absolutely nothing to do with DEVGRU.

Still interesting story.

Also, how did you drop out of BUD/s

edit on 14-1-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join