It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shimon Peres: 'Self-victimising Palestinians'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Shimon Peres: 'Self-victimising Palestinians'

In an exclusive interview with Sir David Frost, Shimon Peres, the Israeli president, questions the Israeli government's position on settlements, pours scorn on accusations of a plot to kill Yasser Arafat, the late leader of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO), and opens his heart about the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin, the former Israeli prime minister.

Peres, who is now 89, describes his family's fate during World War II (many were burned alive by the Nazis in Poland in 1942). He talks about Israel's victory in the Six-Day war in 1967 and the settlement policy which followed it. And he explains how Israel's settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territories ran out of control in the late 1970s.

"The problem with the settlements started when they went into great numbers, you know ... 100,000, 200,000, 300,000," he says. Challenged by Sir David about the recent announcement of 3,000 new homes in Jerusalem, Peres questions the messages coming from the Israeli government.

"The prime minister announced that he permitted to plan the 3,000 settlers, not to implement. For the last 13 years it is not the first time that such a permission was announced but nothing was built," says the Israeli leader.

What better way to excuse the crimes of your nation than to blame the victims. Shimon Peres is nothing but a murderer, terrorist, war criminal how has he escaped prison.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
So instead of arguing with what he says you choose to cover him in slime? Well, this is a strategy,too.
However he is correct. In 1948 Palestinians could have their own state,which they never ever had. They choose war.
In Camp David Palestinians could have their own state. They choose war.
In order to have a state, it needs to be built. Trying to prevent creation or destroy other states is not going to make Palestine suddenly appear.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Shimon Peres is nothing but a murderer, terrorist, war criminal how has he escaped prison.

I wonder how you've escaped prison with the kind of libel you spew out.

Self-victimising is right. What else do you call it when they elect violent ideologues like Hamas then cry foul when Israel responds to the constant attacks? If the Palestinians want peace then they have to deal with their Islamism problem.

edit on 2012/12/30 by SteveR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The only reason he's spiting these words out is because he's on his way to go soon. Eighty-nine is a pretty high age, especially for one that has been living in "conditions" his whole life. I have no doubts that Peres will get his share of the killings in the afterlife, the reward shall be a million times more fierce than the punishment of his victims.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Shimon Peres is nothing but a murderer, terrorist, war criminal how has he escaped prison.

Self-victimising is right. What else do you call it when they elect violent ideologues like Hamas then cry foul when Israel responds to the constant attacks? If the Palestinians want peace then they have to deal with their Islamism problem.

He is a war criminal, he was directly responsible for the massacre at Qana,southern Lebanon in 1996. A UN investigation found he had directly ordered the shelling of the village which resulted in the deaths of 106 civilians mostly women and children.The village was under UN control and had a UN flag flying at the time. It was being used by the UN to give refuge to 800 civilians caught in the crossfire. Even worse, most of the shells hit the main building in the village, which had the UN flag flying over it. This is where most of the women and children had taken refuge because it was the strongest building in the village.
edit on 30-12-2012 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
There is an reason they call it PALLIWOOD.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

BS Jimmy Carter himself said Israel didn't follow the agreement because they refuse to vacate occupied territory.
Israel agreed to do this at both Camp David and at Oslo. So however you like it Israel is the one who chose war.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

You mean just like if Israel wants peace then they need to deal with their Zionist problem? It's funny how the Israeli supporters always bring up Hamas. Israel had a hand in creating Hamas so why don't they complain about Israel?

And watch the video before accusing someone for libel.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

BS Jimmy Carter himself said Israel didn't follow the agreement because they refuse to vacate occupied territory.
Israel agreed to do this at both Camp David and at Oslo. So however you like it Israel is the one who chose war.

Really? How about it:

“Immediately after the failure of the Camp David [negotiations], I met him in Paris upon his return.... Camp David had failed, and he said to me, ‘You should remain in Paris.’ I asked him why, and he said, ‘Because I am going to start an intifada. They want me to betray the Palestinian cause. They want me to give up on our principles, and I will not do so,’”

This is what Arafat's widow said just few days ago. Carter knows better,of course.
www.jpost.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The Palevictims''"R"usStinians..

Sounds about right..

No sympathy whatsoever.. They bring everything on themselves.. On purpose.. They even voted for it..

You reap what you sow..

I just feel sorry for the kids.. They dont seem to like their kids very much.. They turn them into fodder for their pathetic little games.. Pfffft

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
The Palevictims''"R"usStinians..

Sounds about right..

No sympathy whatsoever.. They bring everything on themselves.. On purpose.. They even voted for it..

You reap what you sow..

I just feel sorry for the kids.. They dont seem to like their kids very much.. They turn them into fodder for their pathetic little games.. Pfffft

Well, if you want real peace. Assimilate. It's what the muslim forced on the jews for the last 1400 years, now theyre reaping what they have sewn.

Job 4:8: Even as I have seen, they that plow iniquity, and sow wickedness, reap the same.

Thats the thing about Yahveh, he makes you sleep in the bed you make.
edit on 1-1-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

What better way to excuse the crimes of your nation than to blame the victims.

umm....

They continuously vote in to power a known terrorist regime that sends their CHILDREN into Israel with bombs strapped to them, sets up camp in their playgrounds and next to schools so that innocent people are collateral damage and can be used as propaganda.......

And set up media campaigns to educate the children on how to become martyrs at a young age......

What WOULD you call it?

Puhhhlleaaaase save your self righteous indignation .........
edit on 2-1-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I think Zero Knowledge is an appropriate username for yourself. Have you actually researched the negotiations that occurred at Camp David and the Oslo Accords?

There was no opportunity to have a viable state.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I looked for Palestine (where Jesus Christ was born) on the maps this holiday season and couldnt find it.

What happened to Palestine? Surely Palestineans didn't self-destruct their country, like the Americans would.

So, who did?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by minnow
I looked for Palestine (where Jesus Christ was born) on the maps this holiday season and couldnt find it.

What happened to Palestine? Surely Palestineans didn't self-destruct their country, like the Americans would.

So, who did?

Actually Jesus Christ was born in either Kingdom of Judea or Roman province of Judea. Depends if he was born after Herod died or prior to it.
Romans renamed the province to Palestine more then a century later, after failure of second Jewish revolt (Bar Kohba)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Fascinating interview, regardless of your bias, or perspective, it was a very compelling story and interview from a man who has lived through and participated in so much history.

Before you all join the herds here, you should at least click the link and watch the video.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant

I think Zero Knowledge is an appropriate username for yourself. Have you actually researched the negotiations that occurred at Camp David and the Oslo Accords?

There was no opportunity to have a viable state.

Semi vaible independent free state is still better then none,which is the case with Palestinian state so far. Especially since Palestinian leaders state that there are apparently a horrible treatment and sufferings under Israeli occupation.

top topics

join