It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca Cola Calamity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Phosphorylated sugar is the secret to the stomach upset. Coke has phosphoric acid and sugar in it, that's what turns the trick.

If you get enough of it, though, it's bad for your kidneys and gives you osteoporosis.

Drink unsweetened tea or water. We don't keep fizzy drinks around the house, never have. I consider Coke to be up there with soda water and bitters - it's a mixer for alcoholic beverages.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Originally posted by new_here
Well, the real calamity came in 1929 when they took the coc aine out of Coca-Cola... enter: The Great Depression.

Well, it is a mighty interesting coincidence, you must agree!!!

They still use part of the plant in the recipe. They still import the plant just like before. If they stopped putting coc aine in the cola then what do they do with all that waste???

Indeed-y.
Things that make you go Hmmm...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Pure coc aine is used in the dental industry, among other things. Sometimes there's no substitute for it. Pharmaceutical grade pure coc aine is, last I looked, about $50 US a pound

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Wow- that shows what making a drug illegal has on it's street price!

Coke, as a company, has been very good to my family through their promotions.
I can't say much bad about them. I just can't.
I know a lot of old people who drank it forever and lived to a happy old age too.

Too many people just don't drink anything but sugary stuff. I think a coke is ok but you gotta drink water too. If you don't, you lose your taste for water and actually end up walking around half dehydrated all the time.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

My father in law has a Pepsi in his hand all day long, I have never seen him drink anything else but a rare coffee.

Never a glass of water or anything, never saw anything like it in my life.

<< 1   >>

join