It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An interesting take on what may happen in Feb. 2013

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelsoftheapocalypse

Well it is interesting that we've had non stop reasons for fear from the sky since even way before Elenin. However this is an asteroid and can't melt. So how will they (NASA) explain this new threat for fear not materializing ? Oh wait of course I know this one, wait for it......... It was aliens what did it.

How else would mankind welcome demons from hell to his world ? That's right, as saviors of the human race.
That's the story I'm getting.
edit on 1-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I think your organized religion has given us enough demonic destruction.

Claiming aliens are demons is as pitiful as the natives of the Americas claiming the Spanish were gods.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Dont know about the myan hoopla,
but here is some more info unless i got the
wrong link.

www.space.com... atching-predictions-c2011l4-panstarrs.html

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seen2much

My organizational skills haven't evolved as far as you suggest in fact. My bookmarks aren't even organized. Or perhaps your off-topic retort to my reply was only made out of utter disdain for my opinion ? Disregarding validity and pertinence completely of course.

edit on 1-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR
And so what? A piece of rock 45 meters afaik, can be missiled in the air. 45 meters are you kidding me? That's nothing.

I didn't say it's something super-catastrophic. The asteroid is smaller then the bolide that exploded over Tunguska back in 1908, and so the energy release upon exploding when it hits the atmosphere could be about 500 times more powerful than the explosion of the A-bomb dropped on Hiroshima. Scientists would like to see such a hit, but if the asteroid exploded over a dense populated area, then you might have a disaster on your hand.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Worst case scenario:

the diameter is 58 meters.
Made of iron
14 km/second
Direct impact

Results:
calculation

Final Crater Diameter: 2.05 km ( = 1.27 miles )
Final Crater Depth: 437 meters ( = 1430 feet )
The crater formed is a simple crater

if you are 1 km away, you are in trouble due to the air blast:

Multistory wall-bearing buildings will collapse. Wood frame buildings will almost completely collapse. Multistory steel-framed office-type buildings will suffer extreme frame distortion, incipient collapse. Highway truss bridges will collapse. Highway girder bridges will collapse. Glass windows will shatter. Cars and trucks will be largely displaced and grossly distorted and will require rebuilding before use. Up to 90 percent of trees blown down; remainder stripped of branches and leaves.

10 km away:

Multistory wall-bearing buildings will experience severe cracking and interior partitions will be blown down Wood frame buildings will almost completely collapse. Glass windows will shatter. Up to 90 percent of trees blown down; remainder stripped of branches and leaves.

and finally 100 km away from impact:

Felt quite noticeably by persons indoors, especially on upper floors of buildings. Many people do not recognize it as an earthquake.
Standing motor cars may rock slightly. Vibrations similar to the passing of a truck. IV. Felt indoors by many, outdoors by few during the day.
At night, some awakened. Dishes, windows, doors disturbed; walls make cracking sound. Sensation like heavy truck striking building. Standing motor cars rocked noticeably.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Maybe it will do us a favor and attract all the junk we left in space and haul it away with it
We won't have to worry about all that junk landing on our heads. If it is turning like the predictions say as it goes around the earth, it is slightly attracted to the earth. It has a strong orbit and appears to be dense so it could be a little geoeffective. I'm not worried about it though.

I believe that our military could have known about this for five years and did not say anything. That would be the right call on something like this. Look at how the Mayan Prophesy got started and changed to a doomsday. It was the end of a calender and nothing more. I kind of wonder though, do we have the beginning of the old Mayan Calender so we can have a clue what is upcoming or did the Spanish destroy it long ago,

This guy seemed sincere about what he knew. It doesn't mean what he knew is right though, even the people in our military aren't allowed to know everything. I see the fiscal cliff and our uncontrollable national debt coupled to a screwed up economic system as more of a threat to humans than this rock.

Maybe it will be towing a bunch of small asteroids with it if it has a heavy mass and these little asteroids can give us a great fireworks display. Space sand can make a beautiful display here on earth.

Maybe all our refrigerator magnets will raise to the ceiling as this passes
Then we will throw out our back as we pick all the crap off the floor while blaming the cat.

edit on 1-1-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join