It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Better?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Wow, look at all the masons rushing to the defense of the Kosher food scam. What a suprise
Like dogs growling over a kosher food bowl. Wonder why? Because they have a Vested Interest in this mutli-billion dollar racket, that's why. Owning the media and the banking industry, the federal state and local legislatures, and the judicial system not enough for you guys? you have to dip into our food costs as well. How much power and money do you guys need? Freemasonry and Zionism is little more than talmudic parasitism, and the Kosher food scam is a small piece of jealously guarded pie. I think it's time America pulled the ticks off. Proliferation of this information is their worst nightmare, as it could lead to a much needed revival of "Get the hell out of my pocket" sentiments. God forbid people start seeing the light eh?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hmmm. We can get Google to insinuate trash.

Well done.

[edit on 31-1-2005 by Leveller]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
LOL Leveller.

Twitchy, I have kept out of this thread thus far and though I don't agree with you, I commend your perseverance.

Here's my suggestion to you. Learn how to farm. Plant a garden, raise some cows and chickens. Dude, you can spend hours and hours (God only knows how many you've put into this thread) sifting through this crap and repeating the same thing ad nauseum, but in the end it really doesn't matter. Jesus man, what's the difference? If you don't like to pay the "kosher tax", DON'T PAY "THE KOSHER TAX". How hard is that?

That being said, you have my vote, for sheer tenacity if nothing else.

Good luck with the farm.

[edit on 1/31/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Provide me with evidence that the government will shut down a business or the feds will knock down the doors of a business should they not pay the fee to have their foods inspected. I am not talking about boycotts or protests because those are not government instituted events. When I see evidence that the government itself is going after businesses that do not pay the kosher "tax", then I will call it a tax. If you do not provide that evidence, then it's completely disingenuous to call it a tax. Call it a stupid business decision that negatively affects that company's customers, but don't call it a tax.

tax: a charge usually of money imposed by authority on persons or property for public purposes

I have read absolutely no evidence to show that these fees are absolutely required by the government or else that company cannot sell their product. All I've read is that some demography outside the government's control is willing to either boycott companies that do not pay the fees for kosher labeling, or is willing to protest against companies that do not pay the fees for kosher labeling. This demography seems to be large enough to have an effect upon businesses.

Here's something else for people to research: "organic" is a legal term. A business must pay inspection fees to be able to label anything organic. Nothing can be labeled organic without those inspections. There must be a scam there, too, right?

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Super Cheetah, be serious.
You've just stood up and objected to it being colloquially called a "tax" but you can't think of what else to call it.
We can't either, I guess "scam" or "payola" might be better, which would you prefer?

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Yes Cheetah the Government is involved in the Kosher debacle.

www.townhall.com...
To protect consumers from fraud, all the government needs to do is make sure that no business claims a certification it has not earned. New York went further than that, which is why it ran into trouble with the courts.
Last year, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit concluded that New York's kosher laws -- which required that food labeled as kosher be "prepared in accordance with the orthodox Hebrew religious requirements" -- violated the Establishment Clause. "The challenged laws excessively entangle government and religion," the court ruled, because they "require the State to take an official position on religious doctrine" and "take sides in a religious matter, effectively discriminating in favor of the Orthodox Hebrew view of dietary requirements."...
In the case that led to the 2nd Circuit's ruling, a Long Island butcher supervised by a Conservative rabbi was cited and fined repeatedly by the state's Division of Kosher Law Enforcement, which was run by an Orthodox rabbi.

Would you like further information? I have a wealth of case files and other examples. Face it, it is a religous taxation of 3/4th's of prepackaged food, most dairy and meat products, raking billions of dollars in the US alone. As I have said before this isn't about quality, organic is the same as Grade A, or Fancy, someone looks at it, and approves it, it has nothing to do with a religous practice for scarcely 3% of the population (most of which, as I demonstrated earlier do not keep kosher). But in response to your request for verification of it's regulation, yes, absolutely, the government enforces kosher certification, there are fines in clear, legally precedented violation of the seperation of church and state. Also, Kosher Bleach? Kosher Hotels? Kosher Mania? maybe even one day, kosher internet. Billions...

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Does the government regulate what it means to be Kosher? Yes. Is there something wrong with that, particularly in regards to separation of church and state since it seems to favor one Jewish sect over all others? Quite possibly, and this is all that your latest article talks about (yes, I read the entire article). Is any company required by government to have their foods inspected for Kosher-ness? There seems to be no evidence.

Go with MrNECROS' plan, and call this a payola scam, and then I will take you seriously. Is it semantics? Perhaps, but if we keep letting our language degrade the way we do, the next time we debate on a topic, I'm not going to know what the hell you're talking about. On the Internet, the only thing I have to judge you by is your words, so get them right.

[edit on 4/17/2005 by supercheetah]

PS MrNECROS, I am being serious. Language is a very serious matter for me, particularly on the Internet. The general populace doesn't understand what science means when it talks about theories, and so the general populace misuses the term theory. Often times, what should be used is the term hypothesis. People get stupid ideas when they don't use the right words.

On a final note, I'm not asking for perfection. I'm only asking that you get the major concepts of your posts across using the correct terminology.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Wow! All the anti-semite accusations. It's too easy to throw that garbage in someones face and not even know what you are talking about. It is hard work to defend your stance, as Twitchy has done, when the number one defense argument is to call someone an anti-semite. I have an open mind and I am the farthest thing from being an anti-semite. I have to agree with twitchy on this. Why is the orginization labeling non-food products with their kosher approved stamp? Jewish conspiracy? I think it is possible. Not every Jew is a saint, nor is every christian, muslim, hindu etc.... Theron dunn and LTD seem to be in favor of the scam. You guys like scams? Personaly I don't see a need for it in a society with a small precentage being jews. This orginization seems to have overstepped its bounds considering the number of non-jewish people in this country that don't care wheather or not there is a kosher stamp on the food product, much less non-food products. Thanks for bringing this to light Twitchy

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
ok Twitchy
I managed to read this entire thread...whew....I just dont understand the need for the (U) label on non meat products. I will acknowledge that it may be a stratigic ploy to get more customers, but before this thread I had never known what those cryptic signs were for. I keep hearing 'dont but it' but how can a consumer decide that unless they were informed first?

I gonna have to side with Twitchy on this one. He stood his ground, provided links from both sides, cited a document when asked & in his own words begged for a debate. I dont believe he is anti-semetic. He has a concern as a consumer and wanted others to know this was going on.

I missed the deleted thread and became curious in the beginning. Now i am informed and can make informed decisions as a consumer. Thank you twitchy for the insight.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I think God himself said it best...
"Ye cannot serve God and mammon"

www.ok.org... I wonder what they mean by the Advancement of the Torah?
Because the same Company is quoted earlier in this thread as saying that Kosher Certification is..
"Of profit making Concern"

To really understand the whole Kosher issue, you have to understand the connections between freemasonry and zionism. They are one and the same, you won't find the word Nostra on dictionary.com dictionary.reference.com..., you have to dig a bit, but once you do and you really begin to understand where all your money goes, you begin to understand where Shriners get money for building their hospitals and where Israel gets money for a nuclear arsenal and a World class Military with their 10.7% unemployment rate, and complete lack of export trade. Freemasonry and zionism are symbiotic parasitism, one living off and enforcing the other. Even the masons on this board will acknowlege their ties, if that tells you anything. Read these several pages sometime if you find the time...
www.heart7.net...
and when you get done with that one, give this one a once over...
www.biblebelievers.org.au...

Now let's look at at how far reaching that is...

The Federal Reserve System and most of the Major international banking institutions are owned entirely by Jewish Interests.

Originally posted by twitchy
The federal reserve system violates the US constitution, yes, Echtelion is correct. The Federal Reserve Act of 1913 pushed through the legislature by Woodrow Wilson was nothing short of treason and a clear violation of the US constitution. Article 1, section 8 of the US Constitution states that Congress shall have the power to coin money and regulate it's value, but the federal reserve act gave this power to a private corporation, the shares of which are not traded publicly, nor is it regulated or mandated by congress. They print money with no backing whatsoever, at no interest, then loans it to the treasury, with interest. They also retain the rights to purchase national debt (which is also illegal) and charge interest for it. The ones chiefly responsible for this are...

www.worldnewsstand.net...
Rothschild Bank of London (Jewish)
Warburg Bank of Hamburg (Jewish)
Rothschild Bank of Berlin (Jewish)
Lehman Brothers of New York (Jewish)
Lazard Brothers of Paris (Jewish)
Kuhn Loeb Bank of New York (Jewish)
Israel Moses Seif Banks of Italy (Jewish)
Goldman, Sachs of New York (Jewish)
Warburg Bank of Amsterdam (Jewish)
Chase Manhattan Bank of New York (Rockefellers Interesting History...)

To put this in layman's terms, your ten dollar bill is not ten dollars, it's a note, or a debt. In actuality, your ten dollars is a ten dollar debt, which you, as a taxpayer, are paying interest on.

A few points of interest...

www.scionofzion.com...
The Federal Reserve was incorporated in 1914 and has been creating a completely unnecessary national debt ever since. In simple terms, the Fed creates money as debt. They create money out of thin air by nothing more than a book entry. Whenever the members of the Fed make any loans, that debt money is our money supply.
The United States went bankrupt in 1938 because of this system. It took the Fed only 25 years to bankrupt the USA. Can you imagine how little time it would take these vultures to bankrupt a developing nation? The American people are paying about $300 billion dollars a year in interest to this phony organization. When you look in the Washington, D.C. phone book, you will not find the Federal Reserve in the Government section as they are a private concern.
The national debt is increased about $1.71 billion dollars every day (as of October 12, 2004) . Have you taken a look at your money? It says "Federal Reserve Note" which means it is an instrument of debt. There is no real money in circulation.

There is no system in place to audit the Federal Reserve, at all. And not only is it illegal by the terms of the US constitution, the US supreme Court has also declared this practice unconstitutional...

www.totse.com...
Although the FED is required to give back most of its PROFITS back to the Treasury Dept., there is NO ORGANIZATION that has the power to AUDIT the FED (not even the Congress or the IRS). This creates a HUGE opportunity for "creative accounting" to hide the profit that ROBS the US Tax Payers Hundreds of Billions of Dollars annually....
According to Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution, the US Congress has the power to print money (The Congress shall have the power... ...to coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, ...). According to the Supreme Court, the Congress can not transfer its power to other organization like the FED....

From the same source, a good summary as to how the system operates...

www.totse.com...
The US goverment runs a $400 billion deficit annually. To cover this, the US goverment issues bonds which are bought by the FED.
Since the FED has the POWER TO PRINT MONEY, it can buy any amount of the US Government bonds at almost NO COST, save for the expense of printing money (~3 cents/$100).
At this point, the owners of the FED already profit $99.97 for every 3c they invested to print the money. Basically, they exchange something that costs almost nothing to them with the US Government Bonds.
Since the FED can NOT be AUDITTED by the IRS (or even by Congress), most of this profit can go anywhere the FED owners want to. BTW, did I mention that the profit is TAX-FREE?
After buying the bonds, the owner of the FED can either:
1. Keep the bonds, and collect the interest the US Government now OWES them.
2. Sell the bonds to the US Tax Payers or foreigners.
In either case, the FED owners have profitted $99.97 for every 3 cents it invested to print the money. Remember, the FED is a PRIVATELY OWNED corporation, just like the Federal Express. The profit of the FED goes to the FED owners.
The US Government now owes the FED owners the interest on those bonds. Remember that the FED owners DO NOT EARN the bonds. They simply PRINT the money to buy the bonds. In other words, they created money out of thin air, and exchange it for the interest bearing bonds.
In order to pay for the bonds' interest, the US Government taxes the US population.
When a US Citizen holding US Government bonds receives his/her return of investment on the bonds, essentially the money he/she receives is the tax money he/she is paying to the Government.
When the OWNERS of the FED receives the interest on the BONDS they're holding, they are receiving that money for FREE (save the initial 3cent/$100 investment to print the money)! Not only that, the FED owners receive the money TAX FREE.
Under the LAW, the FED is REQUIRED to RETURN its PROFIT back to the US Treasury. However, NEITHER the Congress NOR the IRS have the POWER to AUDIT the FED. The FED has used this obvious loophole to profit via 'creative accounting'.
Consider this: every year, the FED profits by hundreds of billions of dollars by buying US Government Bonds. Yet it only returns ~$20 billion to the US Treasury. The rest of the profit has been spent as "Operational Expenses".
The FED expects us to believe that the FED operational expenses amounts to $100's billion dollars annually!!!
The truth is, those profits were spent as "DIVIDENDS TO SHAREHOLDERS"!!!!

The final blow to the US Currency came in the form of the Emergency Banking Act, designed to 'pull us out' of the Great Depression, all it did in reality was eliminate the last obstacle to the Federal Reserve Company by elimination the need to back their notes. A good explination of the act is here...
www.fourwinds10.com...

Income tax is also illegal, but that's a whole other can of worms. How do they get away with this kind of crap? Ever wonder why the District of Columbia isn't a state? We the people are basically ruled and taxed by a foriegn entity...
home.iae.nl...
Scary stuff...

[edit on 20-1-2005 by twitchy]

The American Media, recently consolidated to the point of public outcry, is almost entirely owned by Jewish interests...

Paramount, Disney, ICM and CAA New York, Times, Wall Street Journal Washington Post, Boston Globe, Washington Post Barron's, Dow Jones Village Voice Time, U.S. News & World Report Atlantic Monthly, NY Daily News, AOL-Time Warner, CNN News Group (before you say no that's Ted Turner, look up 'Walter Isaacson'), Time Warner's publishing division, Sports Illustrated, People, Fortune, Walt Disney Company, Touchstone, Buena Vista, Hollywood Pictures, Caravan Pictures, Miramax Films, Capital Cities/ABC, Inc., ESPN, Lifetime Television, A & E Television Networks, ABC Radio Network, Viacom, Inc., Paramount Pictures, CBS's Country Music Television Nashville Network Simon & Schuster, Scribner, The
Free Press, Pocket Books. Showtime, MTV, Nickelodeon, Fox Television Network, 20th Century Fox Films, and Fox 2000, New York Post and TV Guide are all owned or controlled by one religous organization.

This is not to mention all the subsidary companies in print and local media, newsgroups, etc. that are either subsidized or controlled by the above listed companies. The recent consolidation of these major media companies has only tightened their grip, and really this is only to name a a few...

Now imagine all that money piled up adn teetering on the narrow edge of people finding out about it and raising up and such, need some kind of defense mechanism, an 'executive branch' for the enforcement of your merry little band. That is where freemasonry comes in. Judges, Senators, lawyers, Advisors, Chairmen, Presidents, all of them nodding and winking their way through other people's money (debt), most of them not having a clue about the real story behind it all, or who they actually serve. Noble Institution? No. As I have said before, there are no secrets, only the insidious practice of secrecy itself. This isn't a new thing, this is control. This is Big Brother, this is Kings and Tyrants, as far back as you want to go.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The big question for me here is where does all that money go? Billions a year in the US alone and yet there is no auditory process since it is a religous institution and therefore beyond taxation even though by their own admission Kosher is "Of profit making concern". Odd.
Have any of you guys actually got up and looked through your cupboards, or your pantry or refridgerators? Try it sometimes, look for the little U or the K or a word Parve, it won't be overtly obvious but I bet you will be suprised at how many items you have ultimately payed a religous tax on. We looked through all our food here at the house, and we were hard pressed to find anything that wasn't kosher. Have a look. Do the math, 97% of the US is paying a multi-level tax on their food to 3% of the population and most people don't even know it.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I have been glancing over all the information and conversations in this thread and to me, many of you sound like a bunch of Rabbis arguing over a bunch of nothing.

Should we not be more concerned with what the Globalists are going to blow up next to impose their Orwellian Police State?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I waded through every post on this one an in the end I am more or less with Twitchy on this one. It is curious to my why certain banned members are even allowed to continue posting- or have they been banned since the original post? Mods sure are not doing their jobs here- those few were VERY disruptive.

You go Twitchy! I usually give up shortly after jerks hijack a thread. Boy, sure made it tedious getting through those few guys repeated name callings and such.

Now, that said I really don't get any of the Freemasonry stuff-and that almost seems like getting on the same accusatory bandwagon as the interruptive (fill in the blank) . . . . .

As well there is a huge population that is just way too fast to start calling names and declaring people anti-Semitic. I suppose I too will be labeled as such one of these days even though the love of my life is very adamantly Jewish (though her stated beliefs do not follow traditional tenets at all) and I’ve been to Temple regularly for Shabbat and Passover as minimums. Call me a Christian-Jew or an Old-Testament Christian but I won't hesitate to tell someone when their panties are in a bunch and they are not as persecuted as they often present FOR THE MOST PART.

These interuptive guys definitely have their panties i a bunch and goaded Twitchy into making statements that could be misconstrued. a point is a point and he does seem to make a valid one. His hypothetical situation should have been enough with out forcing him into a difficult situation.

An example of people not always being as persecuted as they think: Z (the love of my life) will be perfectly happy to take full advantage of the time off for Christmas but then turn around and declare her employers to being anti-Semitic for not also having an equal allotted time off for Chanukah- a very minor holiday at most for the Jewish religion compared to the significance of Christmas for Christians. She always ends up making out like a bandit getting both periods off work (along with numerous other periods) simply because no one will DARE to challenge her. Sometimes she MIGHT even go to services on that time off- as i seem to be more of a practising Jew than she is. Supervisors go WAY out of the way to make sure she is not provoked in any way else out comes the complaint of religious harassment. It greatly annoys me and in all the years I have been with her I have heard the complaint many times when there was no persecution what-so-ever. It takes a good deal of effort to calm her down. Her “religion” can be and has been a tool over other people and more often than not this is exactly how I see many, many others use it as well (as well as ethnicity, handicaps, gender, sexual orientation, yada, yada, yada.)((seems everybody is “special” and gets extra privileges except the white male- those poor folks)) This very same intrusion into the topic of the labels on the food by two banned individuals just seems to be more of that. “We do not like what you are saying so you must be anti-Semitic!” By the way Z’s employer is the US Air Force and yes, as annoying as it is when she starts calling people Nazi’s I love her more than the air I breathe. People are people and everyone has some flaws- she doesn’t have many others, besides this particular one of always fearing persecution of unseen hosts of enemies.

Now back to the food . . . .yes it does, at least look like a conspiracy. If companies are getting their arms twisted vs being publicly labeled to provide the $$ and the products for such a minority there is good grounds to call it one.

Seems to me a good liable suit would be in order if a company gets labeled something derogatory after not paying up to inspectors.

Now as to why other non food products are concerned. Normally, only food products containing meat or animal by products need to be Kosher. But as one person mentioned earlier for an Orthodox Jew (OJ), at the least, they are extremely concerned about contamination of their food so anything that MAY come in contact with it cannot have any of the disallowed combinations. 2 separate kitchens and utensils for milk versus meat.

The beef flavored fries at McDonalds comes to mind. Who would have guessed they contained beef flavoring? No fries and a shake for them! (Most OJ would NEVER go to a McDonalds anyway! Doesn’t McDonalds make CHEESE BURGERS all on the same grill!!!!)

As well soap- is (traditionally) largely fat and lye with some scent added in. You wouldn’t want to wash your cheese utensils with that soap if you were OJ.

I don’t really follow the steel as I have never heard of cheese or meat or any other animal product being used in its manufacture but in stretch I assume it might have to do with canned food which could contain either.

Now if everyone would just quite calling names it would be SOOOOOO nice.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Zioism and Freemasonry are the self same organization, so of course Freemasons in particular come rushing to the defense of this practice. I'm not sure what posting holocaust pictures does to debunk the Kosher Food Tax, but it has been resorted to on this thread by one of the masons here, which is absolutley infuriating and implies that opposition to zionism is some kind of nazi hate BS. It isn't. Neither is Zionism Judaism, and you'd be suprised what some Jews have had to say about zionists and freemasonry.

Has anybody read this thread and actually looked though their cupboards? Just as an experiment, the next time you go grocery shopping, see if you can avoid buying any Kosher products and still get enough groceries to eat on. Seriously try it, my wife and I weren't able to find much of anything that wasn't Kosher, except some cheap hotdogs and potato chips. Try it, I'd be interested in knowing if it is as widespread in other areas. Look for a little K or a U or sometimes a D, or the word Parve, avoid buying them and see if you can get a cart ful of groceries, I am willing to bet you can't.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Zioism and Freemasonry are the self same organization

Can you prove this? Or will you back out of it like you backed out of your promise to provide those scans regarding Freemasonry's supposed oaths to keep a brother's secrets above the law or even lie for him?

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Seriously try it, my wife and I weren't able to find much of anything that wasn't Kosher, except some cheap hotdogs and potato chips. Try it, I'd be interested in knowing if it is as widespread in other areas. Look for a little K or a U or sometimes a D, or the word Parve, avoid buying them and see if you can get a cart ful of groceries, I am willing to bet you can't.

That is an interesting exercise that just proves some who keeps Kosher CAN buy groceries in Text YOUR neighborhood.....You better start packing

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Where are those scans, Twitchy?

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Actually Sebat, Let's dance.

I'm glad you brought that up. I haven't been able to upload pictures to this website since that thread, and after bringing this up to the staff, the problem is as of yet unresolved. "Your file, ats25297__930901_pg300.jpg, of image/jpg is not supported, please try a different file."
A few days after that I got an email with a basicly a blank header with no subject that said "QUIT" in the body of it. Yes, I'm serious guys so if anything happens to me it probably started here and you guys get an exclusive :-)

But just to let you know that I am in the process of remedying that problem, I uploaded a page to geocities just for you.

Funny, my geocities account uploads fine...

Now as to Freemasonry and Zionism, yes I can prove it. But before I reply to that question, I want to know if you are going to seriously deny this?

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Actually Sebat, Let's dance.

I'm glad you brought that up. I haven't been able to upload pictures to this website since that thread...

While you're dancing, you might want to brush up on your bull#tin', 'cause this is very low quality...

But just to let you know that I am in the process of remedying that problem, I uploaded a page to geocities just for you.

Funny, my geocities account uploads fine...

Well that is completely useless and just goes to show that you've got nothing, because that's the same page you posted almost three months ago... methinks you are full of it, dude.

Now as to Freemasonry and Zionism, yes I can prove it.

Then quit pussyfootin' around and do it already. I'm breathless with anticipation...

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Meanwhile, back at the topic...

Look up your favorite foods and see if you are paying extra!

home.businesswire.com...[/url ]
Research and Markets: Overall 'Mainstream and Kosher' Market (Including Fresh and Processed Foods) in US Accounts for More Than $100 Billion in Sales
Any food product that is prepared under the laws of kashrut, the Jewish rules governing food products, is considered kosher. The kosher market, therefore, is only limited by rabbinical law. There are kosher products in every segment of the food industry, from ingredient products such as meat and poultry to processed foods and beverages, and almost every major manufacturer has at least some kosher products in its repertoire.

This report focuses primarily on sales through food, drug, mass merchandisers (excluding Wal-Mart), and natural food supermarkets. Detailed sales through specialty kosher supermarkets, convenience stores, and other venues in which kosher foods may be purchased (e.g. delis, specialty stores) are not given, except as top line estimates, as brand sales for these channels are not available

The kosher market can be considered as two separate markets: "mainstream and kosher" and "ethnic kosher." "Mainstream and kosher products" are those foods that are kosher-certified but have little relevance or bearing on traditional kosher food ways. These kosher-certified products are as much at home on the shelves of consumers who have no interest in kosher foods as they are on the shelves of those consumers for whom the kosher symbol is important. "Ethnic kosher foods," on the other hand, are products that are "kosher by design"--such items as gefilte fish, matzoh, schav and borscht (both types of soup), and other traditional ethnic Jewish food products. "Ethnic kosher foods," like other ethnic foods, are consumed by anyone interested in those specific flavor profiles and foods.

While the overall "mainstream and kosher" market (including fresh and processed foods) accounts for more than $100 billion in sales, these sales may not be indicative of the "market" for kosher foods, since the majority of consumers buy these products not because they are kosher, but for some other reason. On the other hand, sales of some "ethnic kosher foods" are so low that it is extremely difficult to track them.

Couldn't have said it better myself, this mainstream kosher is nothing more than a state regulated religous taxation of the entire food industry. Billions.
The demand for ethnic kosher foods so low they can't track it, 97% largely unknowingly paying extra for a Religous Blessing to 3% of the population.

Ah but it isn't just the food industry that gets to pay up, its gone so far as to include mobile phones even. Funny, I don't recall anything in Deuteronomy about cell phones having to be kosher, or Simethicone for that matter.

www.teleco... m.paper.nl
Pele-Phone Communications and Cellcom Israel has secured certification from a special committee of rabbis to sell 'kosher' mobile phones to the ultra-orthadox

Simethicone Manufacturing Processes Certified as Kosher
Kosher Socks

Kosher weddings...
they specifically declined to pay for a kosher affair

Yet another Blatant Violation of Church and State...
Shouldn't this be a civil matter? Wayne County is paying tax money to have their government regulate, and indeed criminally enforce Jewish Religous practice. If you were selling Fake Nike's at the flea market, isn't Nike the one that has to persue it? What the hell is the Government doing enforcing purely religous certifications?

www.jpost.com...
MI county to punish for false halal,kosher claims
Wayne County commissioners have voted to make it a misdemeanor for restaurant owners, butchers and other food sellers to falsely claim their meat conforms to Islamic or Jewish religious laws.

Kosher Meat menas the Animal cannot be stunned, and has to be slaughtered in a horrific ritualistic and no doubt finally painful way, but if it bothers you, don't try to change it. The Jewish Congress in New York will actively try to ruin your movement even if you are across oceans. I guess I would be very protective as well of a multibillion dollar, state enforced racketeering scam.

www.jewishtimes.com...
Belgian Reps Propose Ban on Kosher Slaughter...
Belgium, not many animals are killed according to shechitah: Of a total of 549,000 cattle killed in Belgium in 2004, just 382 were killed by kosher slaughterers...

Ah but Jewish Lobbyist in New York Know what is best for Belgians of course even though the demand for Kosher Certification of meats in Belgium is literally less than a percent...
press.arrivenet.com...

Have a look at this spin...

www.globes.co.il...65% of shoppers take care to buy only kosher food survey
Food Industries Association chairman Abraham Kringel: The increase in shoppers who insist on glatt kosher certification has been paralleled by an increase in the number of products with these certifications.

I'd be willing to bet that same 65% has no clue what the little U or K means.

"The word kosher does not just refer to food," he said. The word means proper, he said, something that's done as it should be. When I eat the right food, that's kosher," he said. "When I wear a bathing suit at a pool, that's kosher. If I wear it up here in front of the congregation, that's not kosher."
-Rabbi Bruce Greenbaum
If in fact this is true, then what the hell am I paying four dollars for a gallon of Kosher Milk for?

[edit on 5-9-2005 by twitchy]

[edit on 5-9-2005 by twitchy]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join