It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Better?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Yeah. Let's just feed foreign delegates who observe religious dietary laws McDonald's burgers and tell them to "shut the F@#k up and eat."

It's BS and you're full of it to the point that you are spewing it everywhere.

Originally posted by twitchy

And people are starting to ask tough questions...

The commissioners asked, among other things, about kashrut supervision. “Taylor asked if it was true that the Jewish community is forcing food companies to change their formulas and therefore raising prices,” Werzberger said.

...that you conveniently omit the answers to because they are contradictory to the point you are trying to make.

(from the same source, obviously)

The commissioners asked, among other things, about kashrut supervision. “Taylor asked if it was true that the Jewish community is forcing food companies to change their formulas and therefore raising prices,” Werzberger said.

“I said to him, ‘No one is forcing anyone, it’s the other way around. The companies are coming to the rabbis to obtain kosher certification. Coke and Pepsi are kosher in Montreal – do you think the Jewish community could force companies that size to do anything?’”

A very valid point, Mr. Werzberger.

Of course now dear Twitchy will rant that I'm back in his thread and say something like "OK, fourth time, bye-bye now," accuse me of accusing him of being a Jew-hater, and continue to ignore the difference between total retail sales and profits to the certification companies.

again.

[edit on 12/5/07 by The Axeman]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Yeah, that's what happened...

It's always all about hate and dishonesty isn't it?
You keep saying you're done with this thread, and yet you keep returning, and have still not done anything but generalize, parrot kosher companies, and I grow weary of your ceaseless implications of hate and deceit.
The thread stands upon it's own merit, I've provided enough information for the would be reader to decide for themselves, and I've made a conscious effort to keep the masons here on this board from turning it into what they so desperately want this thread to be about. Facts are facts regardless of your perspective mason, billions.

Why do you suppose Freemasons are the only ones on this board so obsessed with demonizing this thread?
Ma ha bologna.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by twitchy]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

It's always all about hate and dishonesty isn't it?

You keep saying you're done with this thread, and yet you keep returning...

I grow weary of your ceaseless implications of hate and deceit...

Facts are facts regardless of your perspective mason, billions...

Oh MAAAN when I call 'em, I call 'em! So sadly predictable...

Me personally I just think you are full of BS, and I've already shown that you are. Has nothing to do with being a Mason or not.

It has everything to do with your selection of "facts."

You still have yet to show that PROFITS to the CERTIFICATION COMPANIES are in the billions, you just keep posting retail sales figures in the hopes that someone will give you an attaboy because they are too lazy to research it themselves and they'll take what you hand them.

Oh, and no one else really cares; that's why you and I are all alone in here.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
You still have yet to show that PROFITS to the CERTIFICATION COMPANIES are in the billions

That's laughable, read the thread.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

You still have yet to show that PROFITS to the CERTIFICATION COMPANIES are in the billions

That's laughable, read the thread.

Wow.

Now you must have forgotten who you are talking to. Reread the last 5 or so pages of this thread -- I tore your entire argument to pieces and all you could do was parrot the same information over and over again and dodge the question. You still don't seem to realize the difference between total retail sales and profits to the certification companies.

I used to think you were a smart guy, but more and more you're causing me to reconsider.

Retail sales does NOT equal profits to the certification companies.

Get that through your thick, weed-hazed melon.

Show me proof of profit -- not circumstancial evidence, prejudiced garbage links, opinion, conjecture, or sales figures.

Can you do that?
I didn't think so.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Ok, well that's it. Welcome to my ignore list.

In the mean time perhaps you can prove to the rest of the people who will still see your posts that the profit isn't in the billions and continue to dance around the question I asked you about why freemasons are the only ones here determined to undermine this thread.
Farewell.

Edit:
Wow, I add you to the ignore list and this thread becomes an amazing pile of facts and links.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by twitchy]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Ok, well that's it. Welcome to my ignore list.

Boo-friggin'-hoo.

That's cool, whan you post some more BS at least everyone else can still see my posts, and it's not like Twitchy ever had anything to go on in the first place -- otherwise it would not have been so easy to show his arguments to be ridiculous (as if many needed that).

In the mean time perhaps you can prove to the rest of the people who will still see your posts that the profit isn't in the billions

Well I think I already did that. Anyone disagree?

and continue to dance around the question I asked you about why freemasons are the only ones here determined to undermine this thread.

I think anyone who disagrees with Twitchy is a "Freemason." He's kinda like MrNECROS that way... I wonder if he's had any trouble with exploding toilets...

Farewell.

How did he say? Oh yeah: buh-bye now.

Edit:
Wow, I add you to the ignore list and this thread becomes an amazing pile of facts and links.

Read: Wow, I add you to the ignore list and this thread becomes an amazing pile!

...steamy...

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
To the OP's scenario:

It's an interesting hypothetical question, and applies to alot of the scams going on today.

Kosher food however, is a joke. I could, if requested, post a link to a graphic video of a cow being slaughtered by a "Kosher" slaughterhouse. It points out, step by step, how they are actually breaking every Kosher law
This Kosher slaughterhouse is STILL going to make alot of money because they claim to be religiously endorsed... but the fact is, they are not.

I am not saying all Kosher food companies are like this, and for the love of God, this has nothing to do with religion or anti-semitic etc.

It has to do with the OP's point. This is about MONEY and not upholding religious law.

I'm not sure how this discussion was censored earlier, maybe just talking about Kosher food has now become another anti-semitic red flag? That's silly.

[edit on 25-1-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LTD602
Facts cannot be hypothetical. Your whole argmuent is hypothetical.

Kosher foods are Kosher foods. They are marked.

Fact: Kosher foods marked as Kosher have already been proven to be otherwise. There's no way of knowing. In a hypothetical situation, alot of products are being marked Kosher that don't need to be, and it costs the consumer. Oh wait... that's fact too.

Well damn.
Guess I've said my share in this thread.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
But in the context of the thread, New World Over, your post on whether kosher laws are actually followed is quite moot.

The debate is: Do the people who certify companies as "kosher" actually recieve billions of dollars in PROFITS from the process of certifying companies.

The answer, according to my research -- which is laid out quite extensivley in this thread -- is that the certification companies do not reap the full scale of the profit. Of course, they charge a fee for their services, and from what I have found it is a reasonable fee. The big profits go to the companies who GET certified kosher, because the extra target market equates to extra profits. It's not rocket surgery, and twitchy has been arguing a moot point and refusing to acknowledge the important information brought to his attention for what, 25 pages now?

He links to sources that lack credibility, sometimes to the point of comedy, and continuously demands that his opponent prove a negative.

Methinks he needs to stick to commercials, or whatever it is he does and leave the debating to those who understand how it works.

If you'd like to pick up his standard, well then bring on the evidence and let's try to avoid non sequiturs.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
Fact: Kosher foods marked as Kosher have already been proven to be otherwise. There's no way of knowing. In a hypothetical situation, alot of products are being marked Kosher that don't need to be, and it costs the consumer.

True.

I think this is the OP's point. More importantly too, is that their is a fee involved in the unnecessary aspects of this process that collectively ranges in the billions. I have to say that I was not aware of how often this is done until reading through this thread and it does seem suspicious to me.

It is starting to look more about profit than religious practice. Certainly a persons religious beliefs should be respected but it does seem odd to have one religion maintain this much control over the foods of a religiously diverse nation. If this were a practice that needed to be upheld then perhaps the churches (any that required this) should set up a process by which they themselves were contributing to the costs if not outright paying for it. I shouldn't be required to as I may not be a part of any particular faith.

Some of this, if true almost amounts to extortion.
I mean kosher Handiwrap, Tide, and Mr. Clean?

Do people eat those products?

Now I would think it odd if the Pope sent priests pray over McNuggets and McDonald's was obligated to pay for the service. If they didn't then the Catholic church would condemn them and its members boycott. I don't think any religion should be doing this.

This is quite strange and very eye-opening.

Wow.

I didn't think we were allowed to blatantly (childishly) insult people on here like this. Even if you disagree with what the OP has said resorting to this sort of foolishness is very lame and adds nothing to the argument.

If you disagree with him Axe, and you have a right to, then I'd humbly ask you to do so respectfully at least.

- Lee

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
I didn't think we were allowed to blatantly (childishly) insult people on here like this. Even if you disagree with what the OP has said resorting to this sort of foolishness is very lame and adds nothing to the argument.

How else are they going to defend this practice. The really interesting thing about this thread is to see who turned out in droves out to demonize it. I put it in the Secret Socities Forum because I knew who was going to respond and why. It was a trap, they walked right into it, and now the world can see one little fragment of a big nasty Masonic Zionist connection.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
If you disagree with him Axe, and you have a right to, then I'd humbly ask you to do so respectfully at least.

- Lee

I did, for like, 10 pages.

If one can't tell (or simply ignores) the difference between gross sales of a product, and the profit derived therefrom, even after my quasi-patiently explaining it over and over and over in different ways and backing up my arguments with facts... well then weed-haze is perhaps a reasonable suspect.

All due respect to you, but I will humbly decline your request. I had a modicum of respect for twitchy for a time... but respect, if not reciprocated, tends to fade quickly.

The difference between he and I is this: I started out treating him with respect, and attempted to argue my positions rationally and using facts and logic to form and demonstrate my conclusions. I attacked his sources, not him.

He, on the other hand, immediately and repeatedly disrespected and insulted me simply because I happen to be a freemason. As if that makes my logic and the facts I present automatically null and void. It's a rather annoying habit (or "hobby" as he says) of his.

He's a chump. Until he shows me otherwise, which won't happen, he'll remain a chump.

Visit the obelisk thread for a demonstration.

Best regards.

[edit on 1/26/08 by The Axeman]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

How else are they going to defend this practice. The really interesting thing about this thread is to see who turned out in droves out to demonize it. I put it in the Secret Socities Forum because I knew who was going to respond and why. It was a trap, they walked right into it, and now the world can see one little fragment of a big nasty Masonic Zionist connection.

Thats the most ridiculous thing that I have seen on these boards since Ziba claimed to be an angel.

A quick search of snopes

www.snopes.com...

shows your kosher tax garbage to be wrong, as do many other pages,yet still you troll on for tens of pages (which seems to be a commonality in your posting style,arguing even after you have been disproved ). Debunked.Period.This is the fodder of bigotry, and of course, in your mind the evil Zionist media probably surpresses knowledge of it, and the money from the kosher tax probably goes to fund their evil Jewish global control....as evidenced in the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion....Why don't you make another thread about Jewish blood magic and how they drain Christian children as part of their rituals, since you like to promote racist urban legends with no basis in fact,maybe you can regurgitate that one as well,and then after that maybe you can enlighten us with the latest in holocaust denial/revisionist theories.

Anyone with the slightest bit of discernment that has seen these same tired white nationalist arguments and conspiracies posted over and over on scores of boards can recognize you for the hatemonger that you are.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by masonica_esoterica]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Wow, just finished 15 pages!

I think I should get an award or something.

Well I took the Twitchy challenge and went to the store to do my regular shopping. Guess what happened!

I didn't get a single kosher product, but to be honest I rarely get kosher products. I guess no one really has addressed the generic aspect of consumer goods. Most generic products are not kosher, but I guess all you rich people here can afford to buy name brand items all the time. (that last part was sarcasm)

You all ready pay a premium when the label has a name brand on it.

My advice is, if you no want kosher, buy generic.

My biggest problem with your position Twitchy is that in a freemarket companies are allowed to choose what they spend there money on and how they price the products they make. To make any claim otherwise goes against the personal freedoms of the owners of that company.

You say you have no choice and have to buy some kosher products, but after I took your challenge I realize that this just is not true.

Well any way it was a long read.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by masonica_esoterica

Yet another freemason regales us this time with Blood Libels and biggotry, I've already addressed the Snope article, it simply parrots what the Kosher Companies and the ADL says. Thanks for your learned opinions, I'm sure reading the Snopes article took alot of effort.
And Dr_Suess tells us he didn't purchase a single Kosher product. I find that difficult to believe honestly. What products?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Have you ever looked at generics for a kosher label? There are a few, but most are not kosher. While I find the exercise of typing my entire grocery bill out for you to be a bit tedious, I think it would be easier for you to go to the store and look for yourself. I made it a point to buy all non-kosher products to see if it actually could be done. I got all the items on my list, although I did have to buy some brands I wouldn't normally buy. Whether you believe me or not is of little concern to me. I have proved to myself that your argument fails if I can buy everything I need without purchasing any kosher products.

I do think that having a kosher product is part of the psychological manipulation that companies use to get people to buy a particular product. It has been shown, in this thread, that a kosher label does instill a confidence of quality in the product among most consumers. That being said, I think it goes to show how advertisers try to manipulate people into buying a product.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr_Suess
Have you ever looked at generics for a kosher label?

Yes, extensivley. Most of the 'store brand' products here are Kosher certified. Many products bear the mark of their certification on the Bulk containers as well, the cases being marked but the individual products aren't. I'm fairly sure a little detective work on the 'Generic' brands will reveal a different story, which is why I asked what products you purchased. Generic is a little vague.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. You go to the store looking for kosher and I went looking for non-kosher. Maybe that is why we see things differently. Could be that we also have different tastes in food. Doesn't really change the fact of my experience.

Cheers

[edit on (1/26/08) by Dr_Suess]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr_Suess
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. You go to the store looking for kosher and I went looking for non-kosher. Maybe that is why we see things differently. Could be that we also have different tastes in food. Doesn't really change the fact of my experience.

Cheers

Nor does it change the fact that over 3/4ths of all prepackaged foods in the US carry some form or another of Kosher Certification. Some products even have to be certified that they don't have to be certified. The last person on this thread who claimed they were able to buy a cart full of non-kosher food was unwilling to mention what brands or products they purchased as well, so it's difficult to substantiate.
If you got a whole cart full of Non Kosher goods though, I'd be really interested in knowing what products and what store so I can get on that tax break.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join