It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama To Put His "Full Weight" Behind New Gun Legislation...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

He can write all the executive orders he wants, but not a one could stop a manufacturer from producing high-cap mags. Congress would have to pass a law stating that the manufacture of high-cap mags are illegal.

The only thing an executive order against high-cap mags would do is ban the sale and use of them by the government.

Furthermore, I wonder how he is proposing this "registering grandfathered in weapons." So he wants everyone to take the guns they already bought and paid for and register them with the government?

I don't see how that could work unless they forcibly come and say register you guns, but then that would mean they would have to violate the unreasonable search and seizure clause while simultaneously violating the supreme court ruling that states congress can't pass a law making people criminals for exercising their right.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
How Ironic that people actually listen to this idiot and at the same time drone strikes he ordered are killing children as he speaks...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

Yes....it is what you fear.

See my above post.

I pray that people are not stupid enough to get behind something as vague as a "detachable magazine", but I fear that my fellow citizens just don;t really pay attention or give a $#!% anymore...

Whatever is popular on their FaceBook page is what they will agree with.

So Um... who wants to build me a .454 revolver "long rifle"?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
rense.com...

I think they are out of time and have to push thier disarming agenda through as quickly as possible

Sanity has been thrown away and replaced by traitors, but there are some long overlooked flaws in this so-called global plan for the USA.

The above link is an interesting read and does hint that they are about to bite off a lot more than they can chew

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Just found this.

www.westernjournalism.com...

They think they have a right to know who owns a gun?

About as much right as knowing what underwear I buy......this has already gone to far.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
Just found this.

www.westernjournalism.com...

They think they have a right to know who owns a gun?

About as much right as knowing what underwear I buy......this has already gone to far.

Well, to be honest... if you've ever bought a gun from a store or had an FFL transfer done, you are already on the books. So they already have a pretty good list of the legal owners.

It's only the criminals that are kept off the books, or personal owner-to-owner sales...
edit on 30-12-2012 by YouAreLiedTo because: Fixing the longest run-on sentence since Steven Hawking...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder
rense.com...

I think they are out of time and have to push thier disarming agenda through as quickly as possible

Sanity has been thrown away and replaced by traitors, but there are some long overlooked flaws in this so-called global plan for the USA.

The above link is an interesting read and does hint that they are about to bite off a lot more than they can chew

Excellent article well worth the read!...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
Maybe it is time to question his authority. Can his birth certificate and selective service card fraud finally be reviewed by a Grand Jury (not comprised of only local democrats in Washington DC tho)?

Oh NOOOOOOOOOO. Get away from that poor horse please. Its been dead so long its stinking now.

Which only proves the depth our government has sunk to preserve it's own power and control. Let's hope Americans are level-headed enough to see that they're using dead kids for political ends. Not surprising really as they do it all the time over in Pakistan.

I agree they will probably use "mental health screenings" as a tool to deny citizens their 2nd Amendment rights en masse. This will be part of a "compromise" reached by Congress. They won't outlaw the guns, they will outlaw YOU.
edit on 30-12-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Very valid points but I am afraid this is not about making things better but making them worse.
Every criminal prefers an unarmed victim.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
No gun bill will ever pass the HOR. Relax kids, it's entirely political posturing.

You might want to take a real hard look at who is running the GOP in the House these days. They are the reason you say it won't pass the HOR, right? Well.. What do they need, politically, badly enough to make a backroom deal on guns to get?

Whatever that is ...and there is ALWAYS something...The Dems will give it to them and they'll get their up vote if they want it that badly. It happens just the same in reverse when power chairs are in the other colors. I'd say that's how we find ourselves literally falling down the mountain now and not merely on slippery slopes. Back room dealing and horse trading ,...and we're the horses being traded to the glue factory.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Many states have laws against this being public knowledge. They want the public and the media to have access to this information and if it s against the law, who do they think they are?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by timetothink

Dont worry no one is coming to your door to collect the guns you already own. We have a much bigger problem than gun control when that happens.

But they have before... Ask the people of New Orleans after Katrina. It took them years to get their confiscated weapons back.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
No gun bill will ever pass the HOR. Relax kids, it's entirely political posturing.

Any chance of an Executive Order banning high-cap mags and basically hitting 75% of handguns under the blanket?

Not exactly sure what Executive Orders can be issued on this, as they would not be banning the arms, but the capacity of the rounds held in the mags?

Zero chance. It would have been done already.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

"The question then becomes whether we are actually shook up enough by what happened here that it does not just become another one of these routine episodes where it gets a lot of attention for a couple of weeks and then it drifts away," Obama said.

Yeah, I'm pretty shook up when innocent children in Pakistan are killed and treated as collateral damage. But nothing is done about that... it just enters the news space, then drifts away....

But wait, we're not supposed to care about THOSE children. They're just in another country and don't really matter.

edit on 31-12-2012 by Thunder heart woman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Well, he's spent the past 4 years putting all his weight behind destroying virtually everything that made America America, why would this issue be any different? Hopefully one of these days he applies his full weight to the White House EXIT door and this cult of personality infatuation 51% of America has will finally end.

Hoka! This is the damn truth.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

I'm surprised more hasn't been made of this. It seems like no one in the US cares about 'collateral damage' over there.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join