It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masons shaken as £110k vanishes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopie
Why would a secret society befraud itself :S

Also why does a secret society need so much money anyway.

As a KSig stated , it was probably a less than honest Secretary or Treasurer .

We need money for electric/gas/water bills , insurance , property taxes , benevolent funds (charities) , scholarship funds (My mother lodge gives two or three college scholarships out a year) , emergency fund for unexpected damage to our buildings (new roof ,furnace , A/C unit etc; etc; )

I know some lodges with a lot of money in the bank and I know some who have just a few hundred dollars and are barely keeping their lights on .
edit on 31-12-2012 by whenandwhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by whenandwhere
We need money for beer, electric/gas/water bills , insurance , property taxes , benevolent funds (charities) , scholarship funds (My mother lodge gives two or three college scholarships out a year) , emergency fund for unexpected damage to our buildings (new roof ,furnace , A/C unit etc; etc; ).

I corrected your above text, I am sure it was a total oversight on your part and not intentional.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopie
Why would a secret society befraud itself :S

Also why does a secret society need so much money anyway.

I know some lodges with a lot of money in the bank and I know some who have just a few hundred dollars and are barely keeping their lights on .

going a bit off topic but just wondering would the better off lodges not help out the poorer lodges?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by christafinias

They could and they would if the poorer lodges asked . What normally happens though is if a lodge can no longer sustain itself financially they will consolidate (or combine) with another lodge . Now this could be two struggling lodges , these two lodges will lose their old charters , names and lodge numbers . They will combine membership along with bank accounts and become one new lodge with a new charter , name and lodge number . They would now have double the membership and double the bank account

Or a struggling lodge will just turn in it's charter and it's members will become members of existing , healthy lodges and the old lodge would become defunct .

ETA: Augustus , thank you for the correction and I would like to add a good single malt Scotch to that list too .

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

ETA: Augustus , thank you for the correction and I would like to add a good single malt Scotch to that list too .

'A' good single malt? As in singular?

I see I need to work with you a little Brother.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

'A' good single malt? As in singular?

I see I need to work with you a little Brother.

OH NO , NOT singular by any stretch of the imagination lol . Let me add a steady stream of The Glenlivet (old enough to vote) .

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

OH NO , NOT singular by any stretch of the imagination lol . Let me add a steady stream of The Glenlivet (old enough to vote) .

You need to pay Casa Augustus a visit when you are in New Jersey. We stock some that hit the big three-oh.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by christafinias

Sometimes we do. Most Lodges (well-off or not) have an Almoners Fund. I know with recent environmental events, my Lodge sent money to NJ and NY.

As it has already been stated, a Lodge can ask for help, but if a Lodge cannot pay its bills and money owed to Grand Lodge, they'll probably lose their charter. One of our smaller Lodges here in Idaho is one of our financially secure ones since they are so close-knit.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
I know with recent environmental events, my Lodge sent money to NJ...

Thank you. We bought many kegs of relief.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Just a quick question while we are on the subject of alcohol; during my 'review' or 'inquisition', the 'council' or however you want to term it, asked if I had ever taken any entheogenic drugs, like marijuana...

Can you comment on the importance of this? I know most entheogens affect that 'certain' part of the brain we all know and love, but I wasn't sure if that's why they asked you know?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
Just a quick question while we are on the subject of alcohol; during my 'review' or 'inquisition', the 'council' or however you want to term it, asked if I had ever taken any entheogenic drugs, like marijuana...

Can you comment on the importance of this? I know most entheogens affect that 'certain' part of the brain we all know and love, but I wasn't sure if that's why they asked you know?

I have no clue. It may be to determine if you are an illicit drug user but I have never heard of a lodge asking this question.

Grand Lodges typically have a uniform question sheet that must be returned with the petition and other related material. I would ask them why the even bothered to ask such a frivolous question.

Do you mind if I ask what state this occured?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Not at all. I currently live in Tennessee. Also asked me if I had ever had an adulterous affair with another man's wife, which I admitted to and explained the situation. I was 20, she was 30, and her husband was 65. He was a rich R&D scientist, and she just married him because he told her she could have the money when he died.

I never went chasing after her, or anything to that sort. She was friends with my sister, and met me through her.. She told me she was unhappy, that they didn't communicate much, and that they were going to get a divorce. I don't really believe in adultery, but I considered it a different situation, because I realize not all relationships are meant to last, and there must be a catalyst. I thought I was just it.

The odd thing is they all laughed and cracked jokes about if I still had her number so they could contact her

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Thanks gents for the reply's

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
Not at all. I currently live in Tennessee. Also asked me if I had ever had an adulterous affair with another man's wife, which I admitted to and explained the situation. I was 20, she was 30, and her husband was 65. He was a rich R&D scientist, and she just married him because he told her she could have the money when he died.

Another odd question. I have been on many investigating committees and these are not the type of questions asked.

The only thing that I can possibly think this relates to is the Master Mason obligation where you promise not to have an affair with a Master Mason's wife, mother, sister or daughter nor knowingly allow this to happen if you can prevent it.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

King Solomon Lodge #94 I believe, Gallatin, TN.

In case you want to look into this ^

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join