It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masons shaken as £110k vanishes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

FRAUD detectives were yesterday probing the secret world of the freemasons — over the mysterious disappearance of £110,000 in funds

link to website: www.thesun.co.uk...

used search and couldn't find this mentioned.
Looks like some Masons from Essex in the UK have had a large sum of money taken from them. the police seem to think its fraud by abusing power which seems to have spanned over 6 years.

I would love to be the cop investigating this! i'm sure i would have to ask more questions than necessary

edit on 30-12-2012 by christafinias because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The Masons are definitely known for their secrecy, so I am very surprised this article even saw the light of day in the first place. 110k over 6 years doesn't seem like a lot of money for the Masons. Maybe someone could shed some light on how much money on average is contributed by each member. I've heard that members get pins and whatnot when they reach 25, 50, and 100k for contributions.
edit on 30-12-2012 by johngalt722 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
well if they post it to me, not only will i give them what they want, i will try VERY hard to be a good boy.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by johngalt722

most masons are not filthy rich. Most come from modest jobs and upbringings. Charity is usually anonymous so if everything is done right, nobody will ever know who gives what. I am sure there are a few who like to have their name up in lights, but for the most part, that's how it's supposed to be.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

edit on 30-12-2012 by TRUELIES11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I will ask my father what actually happened since hes a mason, im not going on what the Sun reports alone EVER.

Ive met many many masons and each one a thoroughly decent person, so i find it hard to believe if this is true its actually one of them and not someone not actually a members, whos just working with them.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Wow, for a pin!
Whooweee, wonder what you have to contribute for one of those fancy decoder rings!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

Nothing. You buy it from any number of masonic gift stores & shops. Some masons will actually gift you a ring when you become a 3° Master Mason.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

most masons are not filthy rich. Most come from modest jobs and upbringings.

This is true, my grandad was a mason and my nana was head chef at the masonic hall, they both came from modest backgrounds.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRUELIES11
reply to post by christafinias

I am sure you will get your chance.

i think i've missed my chance

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I thought being a Mason was trying to become a better person and to serve your community. Hopefully they will find out who did this and recoup their losses.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
I will ask my father what actually happened since hes a mason, im not going on what the Sun reports alone EVER.

Ive met many many masons and each one a thoroughly decent person, so i find it hard to believe if this is true its actually one of them and not someone not actually a members, whos just working with them.

Its always good to double check facts, especially if you have a more direct source.
i'd ask you to keep us updated, but i doubt that will happen since that wouldn't be keeping things private

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by johngalt722
I thought being a Mason was trying to become a better person and to serve your community. Hopefully they will find out who did this and recoup their losses.

if you divide the missing money by the 6 years it sort of looks like a wage, maybe it was an admin error

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by johngalt722
The Masons are definitely known for their secrecy, so I am very surprised this article even saw the light of day in the first place. 110k over 6 years doesn't seem like a lot of money for the Masons.

The value has probably been rounded down from 111k by mistake to 110k.

What do you get when you multiply 111 x 6 ?

Thats why its public. They are simply promoting the mark of the beast. Otherwise, like you said, it would have been 'hush, hushed' and silenced.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Well I will tell him that his response will go on a discussion forum, but he's obviously got a choice.

Hes not from that lodge, but the lodges do all talk to each other so if its a real thing, its bound to have come up since they're record is exemplary, they'll want to make sure their reputation for their charity work and support stays intact.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Why would a secret society befraud itself :S

Also why does a secret society need so much money anyway.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopie
Why would a secret society befraud itself :S

Also why does a secret society need so much money anyway.

by the sound of the article its been a greedy individual rather than the whole society, but someone thats obviously had power and authority over the money.

my thoughts to why they need the money comes from personal experience and thats to fund the society's halls and meetings.
the masonic hall my nana worked at was huge and was owned not rented. it huge kitted out kitchen, dance hall, grand piano, fully stocked bar and on the 2nd floor there was a big room that stored these big wooden carved chairs with names and animals carved in them, they where beautiful but scary and certainly not cheap

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Seems its not the first time this has happened.

www.grandlodgescotland.com...

Robert John Chandler was given the trusted position of accountant and treasurer for the Colne Masonic Lodge in 2001 but the 69-year-old began stealing the money to cover his debts, Chelmsford Crown Court was told.
The 69-year-old had the sole responsibility for bookkeeping and handling the Wivenhoe Lodge members' money but “milked” the account of small amounts of money during a seven-year period

I think this is a different incident as it happened from 2001 to 2008 and it was £15,000 over 7 years.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If this story is true it is most likely the Treasurer or Secretary behind it as we've seen this in America a few times.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The messed up thing about that story, is that the guy would have been given plenty of help to solve his issues if he had just asked for help from his lodge (not necessarily just a fat cheque, but financial advice etc)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join