It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Chaplin, John Lennon And Now Piers Morgan. What Do They Have In Common?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Those are just 3 examples of Brits who spoke their minds while living in The USA. Their crime? They all had a point of view.
America likes to call itself "The Land Of The Free". This would appear to only apply if you don't upset the establishment. Freedom of Speech is a human right and not a privilege that has to be earned. Or am i wrong?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Sorry but basic human rights only apply to Americans in America.

Your obviously a commie or trying to ruin their freedoms by even bringing this up

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

You are addressing the people who don't understand America, and they will be it's undoing..
Besides Charlie Chaplin, and John Lennon, are Loved in the US. Piers Morgan doesn't compare to those two. Hes just a tool.

He does get to speak if he wishes.. I don't care. He deserves that freedom. I'll keep my freedom to think he's either uninformed or a paid shill.

RIP John Lennon.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Morgan has his right to free speech. 100%. I'd personally said in the first thread suggesting he be deported ...that's so wrong it vibrates with it.

It wasn't until Piers helpfully outlined the terms he'd leave entirely of his own accord I suddenly got quite happy about things. Now that is free will and the exercise of his rights I can support...with a plane ticket!

On a side note though... I'd never put Charlie Chaplin and his famous monologue...John Lennon and his life spent trying to communicate peace through music...in the same sentence as Piers Morgan. Peirs's can't hold a light to Lennon or Chaplins little toe for greatness and the timeless nature of their legacy.) Just my random musings..

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
"what do they have in common ?"

they're all recognized communists willing to provide unending American bashing in public, horrible wardrobe choices and limited talent, anything else ?

by this point, it should be considered a 'hate crime', don't ya think ?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Morgan hasn't been arrested in the US.

ATS

Seems the UK has a bigger problem with human right of free speech than US.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau

ATS

You missed my point. America likes to call itself "The Land Of The Free"
Britain doesn't.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Unlike John Lennon and Charlie Chaplin, Piers Morgan is generally loathed in the UK. He is an easy target who has been implicated in the Leveson enquiry, telling a colleague about how the papers hack phones.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau

ATS

The very people crying for tolerance when the tables are turned show little to none in return. This is how progressives like to live life. They attack anything they do not agree with and then beg and cry and demand tolerance in return.

They want to paint gun owners as radical and extreme. Look back into history and see what progressives liberals really want. CONTROL.
edit on 30-12-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The whole deportation thing was a just a joke to show alot of people hate Piers. No actual deportation will occur, hes just going to realize hes not so popular anymore and they'll end up replacing him eventually. Might as well call him out now so it speeds up the process rather than let him have his little show and say whatever he wants without people reacting against him.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
people love chaplin and lennon, every hates morgan? not sure if that is something in common though

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Morgan has already said he will deport himself.

Deport me? If America won't change its crazy gun laws... I may deport myself says PIERS MORGAN

Link

Your own countrymen can't stand him.

Brits have responded to the petition calling on the White House to deport Piers Morgan for his anti-second amendment stance by lodging a petition of their own with UK Home Secretary Theresa May entitled ‘Stop Piers Morgan from being deported back to the UK from America’.

Link

Since living in the US for non-citizens is a privilege and not a right he can be deported for undermining the Constitution.

- In response to Morgan’s claim about the First Amendment, James Taranto of the Wall Street Journal pointed to a transcript of Kleindienst v. Mandel, a 1972 U.S. Supreme Court ruling. It validated an effort by then attorney general Richard Kleindienst to refuse Marxist Belgian journalist Ernest Mandel entry into the country. The Court ruled that denying Mandel entry did not violate the First Amendment.

Link

You stated that freedom of speech is a HUMAN right. When are you going to post a thread supporting the UK citizen that has ACTUALLY been arrested for speaking his mind? When nothing has been done to Morgan.

And isn't it freedom of speech to sign a petition?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I have defacto fought for the US in the many wars over the last 20 odd years.. So will say wtf I like..

The 2nd ammendment is archaic and needs updating.. Piers is right.. But being right does not make you popular in a US that has been brainwashed by the arms industry, who have made you so paranoid that guns are a must have..

You ALL fell for the kool aid and now there are that many guns floating around in thr US that it will be virtually impossibble for any legislation to be effective..

The arms manufacturers are in a win win..

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I have defacto fought for the US in the many wars over the last 20 odd years.. So will say wtf I like..

Well you got the second part right, you can say whatever you want. Now on to the first part....

I didn't DEFACTO fight for the US and swore an oath to the Constitution, I actually did enlist and fought 2 wars for the US. So were you a DEFACTO sailor, soldier, airman, or DEFACTO marine? That has got to be the lamest thing I've have read yet from a Brit. DEFACTO fought for the US. Really?

Seriously all of us Americans appreciate all the helpful thoughts from the Brits but we like our Constitution just the way it is. Why not work on your own country, from what I'm reading it needs all the help it can get.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Soldier.. Infantryman.. British Army.. Fought beside Americans in wars that American governments initiated... So yeah... Will say wtf I want..

And you are right.. We have many problems.. But excuse me if I get pissed off when my fellow humans get blown away... Kids ffs.. By a crazy who should NEVER had any access to guns PERIOD..

For the love of God!... Is the death of kids or the potential for more a risk you are willing to take just so you can hold onto your precious assault rifles??? Seriously... Htf can you justify having an AR-15 or AK-47 in your home is beyond understanding..

Tyranical gubberment?? Purhlease... That ship saled years ago and you did nothing..

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
"what do they have in common ?"

they're all recognized communists willing to provide unending American bashing in public, horrible wardrobe choices and limited talent, anything else ?

by this point, it should be considered a 'hate crime', don't ya think ?

"horrible wardrobe choices'? Seriously? lol 'limited talent'? roflmfao! Perhaps you should dazzle the rest of us with your earth shattering brilliance. GTFOH.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
targets of smear campaigns ?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JimmyJagov

"horrible wardrobe choices'? Seriously? lol 'limited talent'? roflmfao! Perhaps you should dazzle the rest of us with your earth shattering brilliance. GTFOH.
yes, i said it.
got anything substantial to add ?

what's your problem, do you disagree ?
if so, explain why.
oh, that's right, you have -0- to contribute.

Lennon = limited talent or he would have been more than a musician.
wardrobe ? = thanks Yoko

Chaplin = what wardrobe ?
Piers = puuhleez, the man couldn't hold a candle to either of the above.

let's not forget that Chaplin is the sole reason "entertainment" salaries are the exhorbitant nonsense they are today ... he started it all

let's not forget Lennon and his communist self was ordered to be deported from the US

articles.latimes.com...
The Nixon White House responded by ordering Lennon deported.

The administration said Lennon had been admitted to the country improperly. He had pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of cannabis possession in London in 1968, and immigration law at the time banned the admission of anyone convicted of any drug offense.

and of course, there's the illicit drug usage ... ah yes, let's idolize the druggies

you guys and your selective history ... it's really transparent.

edit on 30-12-2012 by Honor93 because: fix script

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I would never think it my place to go live in another country and preach in public against their constitution.

Really, the audacity. It is each country's citizens that only have that right. My opinion of course.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Htf can you justify having an AR-15 or AK-47 in your home is beyond understanding..

Why don't you step out of your little comfort zone and realize that the whole wide world does not live like the uk. There are thousands of Americans that live in southern AZ near the mexican border and news-flash the bad guys are using AR-15 and AK-47s. And calling 911 is at least 30 mins for a cop or BP agent to get out here. Why don't you try to deny ignorance instead of perpetuating it.

And the fact that you failed to recognize you have no DEFACTO claim of fighting for my country or defending my Constitution, shows more ignorance. Morgan is wrong, you're wrong, and every other brit posting on this website spewing uninformed thoughts about how certain firearms are not needed to defend families from drug cartels on American soil is wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join