It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northeast: Coldest Weather in a Couple of Years Brewing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
By Alex Sosnowski, Expert Senior Meteorologist
December 30, 2012; 11:51 AM

There is the potential for the coldest air in a couple of years for the Northeast and perhaps the Midwest during the first week of January 2013.

The cold push from the Arctic is coming in stages during the first seven days or so of 2013. During next weekend the flow could deliver lower temperatures than all of the winter of 2011-12 and perhaps close to that of 2010-11 for part of southeastern Canada and New England.

www.accuweather.com...

edit on 30-12-2012 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites, please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, and your opinion on the information as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on 30/12/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The weather has been really messed up in my area (Central Illinois). Currently, it is 41 degrees Fahrenheit outside right now. Temperatures in the single digits may seem like a big shock, but it is not too out of the ordinary.

I think the big question should be why has the temperature been out of whack lately?

Edit: Thanks for the heads up on the upcoming temperatures though! I will be sure to bundle up!
edit on 30-12-2012 by johngalt722 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

I hope they're wrong. I hate the cold and snow. I'll take another winter like we had last year. Only had to use my snow blower 3 times.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Boxing Day Storm Punches Out East Coast Rainfall Records
December 29, 2012

The strong storm which moved up the East Coast on December 26-27 brought record rainfall amounts from North Carolina to Connecticut. National Climatic Data Center reports show 196 daily precipitation records broken and 7 tied for a total of 203 across the U.S. on the day after Christmas.

capitalclimate.blogspot.com...

S. Korea's coldest winter in 27 years

South Korea is suffering the coldest early winter in 27 years. Many places in the country are experiencing cold weather with heavy winds or blizzards.

english.cntv.cn...

Britain prepares for coldest winter in 100 years

Councils are gearing up for what could be Britain's coldest winter in 100 years, as sub-zero temperatures and snow follow days of downpours that have devastated large parts of the country.

If the forecasters have it right, then we’re set for what could be the coldest winter for 100 years in the UK. Don’t get caught out with cold, wet fingers and toes!

We love to talk about the weather in Britain, and this year has been no exception. It doesn’t seem that long ago we were complaining about the wettest summer for 100 years and now, following a short respite, some forecasters believe that we’re about to experience what could be the coldest winter for 100 years. With temperatures expected to drop as low as -20° and snowfall expected any day now, this could be the time to stop talking about it and start preparing.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.terra-nova.co.uk...
edit on 30-12-2012 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
All 50 States See Record Highs in July

The horrible July heat wave , lasting weeks in some cities, the entire month in others, affected nearly 200 million people in the United States at some point. Preliminary data show that 2,712 high-temperature records were either tied or broken in July, compared with 1,444 last year, according to the NCDC. At least one weather station in all 50 states set or tied a daily high temperature record at some point during July.

www.ouramazingplanet.com...

www.meteorologyclimate.com...

Record Events for Sat Dec 29, 2012
Total Records: 195
Rainfall: 58
Snowfall: 110
High Temperatures: 7
Low Temperatures: 5
Lowest Max Temperatures: 9
Highest Min Temperatures: 6

mapcenter.hamweather.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This December has been the coldest and snowest we have had in years. Since about the beginning of the month, i have thought it felt more like January or February weather. I am up in the boonies of northern Maine. I think it is Tuesday they are predicting a high of around 3 and wind, which will make it feel like -30 F. That is almost cold enough to start canceling school so the kids won't get frostbite waiting for the bus.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
yikes

anyone who posts "see global warming is a myth" should be banned on principal, lol

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I've lived here in CO for almost 6 years now, as a Midwest implant. That said, the temps here have been so horribly frigid, especially at night, that I can't stand it. I'm used to 40s & 50s with skies full of sunshine at this time of year since I've lived here. In Illinois, it seems as if it is the opposite, at least that's what my family tells me. THeir mild, pretty snowless winter is almost like last year's.

Anyway, tired of these cold weather systems here in CO, most of them snowless. Where are my 3 foot snow storms? Snow that melts the next day from the sun! Ah well

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Here we call it weather sometimes it's good sometimes it's bad but hang out for a bit and it'll change. It's not global warming it's not climate change just weather and the internet letting everyone whine about it to someone elas

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Hopefully this means that we won't get hit by heat-domes again this summer...

new topics

top topics

join