It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puma Punka is irrefutable evidence of extraterrestrials

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Some people say that we have dorment dna that could be responsible for things like telekinesis. Also some say it involves the pineal gland and learning how to use your thrid eye. It is all very interesting!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewerBeing
reply to post by miniatus

Not man-kind, just man. Man-kind had nothing to do with this.

Well if we're getting nit-picky, miniatus said "humankind".

Originally posted by miniatus
Irrefutable? hardly ... it never ceases to amaze me how little credit people give human kind... if it can't be explained it's either Aliens or God ..

edit on 12/30/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NewerBeing

It's hard for people to believe that humans have lost intelligence if they can build amazing sculptures and buildings then but not now. Unless the earth gets taken over by a cave-man. Which it has.

Humans still make amazing sculptures and buildings.

We're using many different materials now, though.

Not just rock.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Should have stayed a skeptic I guess.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Perhaps, if you feel as if it is better now than then because of the materials that have been added, I won't argue with that. I feel that less is more. Plus, didn't humans of today have a hard time duplicating some of the structures built then? Maybe having all this material to build and destroy is what is truly inadequate.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I think it is proof of a prior high tech society based on stone .

ET is part of the myths and anyone who denies that is just fooling themselves .

Just read all the ancient texts you can ... its there

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by R0CR13

I agree with you, it's not ancient aliens but ancient advanced civilization.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Nothing is irrefutable

i want to believe that aliens exist and that they have played a part in the history of humanity but there is no evidence to suggest this is the case.

i think if you delve deep into our history it is obvious that we are not in possession of all the information, so much has been lost that can never be recovered. The library of Alexandria being a standout example.

It's easy to say "It was Aliens" but much harder to prove, until the aliens make themselves known to us i will refute theories like this with every fibre of my being because i believe humans are capable of far greater accomplishments than most people know.

i do however respect your opinion on the matter, thanks for making this thread it has inspired me to bury my head back in the history books

edit on 30-12-2012 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2012 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2012 by Ph03n1x because: typo x3

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This irrefutable evidence is based upon a television show that lies to its audience. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching Ancient Aliens, but it's merely for entertainment. Pretty much all of their theories have been debunked. They piece together information that fits their theories, that's pretty obvious if you research their theories and arrive at your own conclusions.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
having an arrogant and ignorant point of view of what our ancestors were capable of is hardly proof of anything.

homo sapien sapiens have had the same size brain for 100,000 years

the einstein of their cultures worked in stone

simple

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
Oh dear.

Someone needs to watch this...

It's irrefutable evidence of your very stupid title

Yes I've watched it. At least the entire segment on Pumapunku. And THEIR problem is missing the forest for the trees. It's rather trivial to debunk the excited exaggerations like claiming the largest stone piece weighs 800 tons. No, it's actually only 130 tons, says the debunkers.

Uhh... 130 tons is still gargantuan!

It's not granite but sandstone. Uhhh... That's still very heavy rock!

They found copper tools nearby, so therefore the oddly rectilinear and uniquely surfaced blocks are manmade. Uhhh... That's not even debunking! It's just another, wilder, more outrageous, less plausible theory! It makes even less sense! Why then would the locals not have any other evidence of similar architecture? What happened to such an advanced civilization that can plan these things so well?

And then all their recited sources in the footnotes are hilarious kid stuff! Where are the experts?

Surely these are all valid questions, but the whole thing cannot be dismissed so easily.

All these little so-called "debunking facts" are just bickering of detail. They don't add up to much. So if debunkers are not paid for their disinformation, then they are truly the stupid ones.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

I find it funny really, one expert says this one says that. So therefore you can choose to believe either or. Unless your actually out there weighing these bricks testing if its sandstone you will never truly know. But i ask you this question why do you think that youtube video is any more credible than the ancient aliens theory. They put a different perspective out there. But i highly doubt they would say the rock is granite when it is actually sandstone.
edit on 30-12-2012 by misse2miss because: correction

edit on 30-12-2012 by misse2miss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FormerSkeptic

Yeah but they also say that the Romans lifted weights like that with ease, and show reference sites, you just choose to ignore it all and jump straight from 'not sure' to 'it must be aliens' - which is quite frankly crazy!!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewerBeing
reply to post by Klassified

It's hard for people to believe that humans have lost intelligence if they can build amazing sculptures and buildings then but not now. Unless the earth gets taken over by a cave-man. Which it has.

We may not have lost intelligence, but some knowledge certainly could have been lost along the way (sauch as the knowledge of how this was built).

As others have said above, the peoples of Puma Punku were Homo Sapiens -- just like us. That means they were EQUALLY as intelligent as us (in general). Knowledge and intelligence are two different things. People today have more knowledge stored up, thanks to libraries and such, but the people from ancient times HAD THE SAME BRAIN we have, and thus had the same capacity to figure things out -- such as move heavy stones, or make very precise and smooth stones.

The Romans were able to make precisely smooth stones. So did the Greeks and Medieval people. None of them had modern power tools.

In the video below is a guy who figured out a technique for moving 16 ton stones all by himself without modern equipment. If he could figure it out, then I bet one of the smarter people in the ancient Americas could figure out something similar:

I've never understood the closed minded approach to these wonders of the ancient world. Why are people so quick to dismiss the fact that ancient man was just as intelligent as we are, and could have figured out some very ingenious techniques for constructing things in stone. Those techniques could have easily been lost to time.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FormerSkeptic

It is very unlikely that they built this, if you agree that they were as stupid as "they" would have you believe.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The simple fact is that we do not know who built them, and until we find out, you sir are lying through your teeth.

I do believe in alien life, but if they have been here, i cannot say, i havent seen any conclusive proof myself yet, and this is not conclusive proof.

More like wishful thinking, maybe man was more advanced before? who knows, certainly not us.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
I entertain the Ancient Astronaut theory. That being said, Puma Punku is not irrefutable evidence. I mean, you could literally come up with ten other explanations that are just as likely.

Okay...what are they...I am curious to know 10 other ways these 300 ton stones could be lifted on top of 600 ton stones...carved by chisel and stone hammers...with laser guided precision...quarried from an area no where near where they are used...I'm waiting....now did Ancient Aliens build them, not sure, but one thing I am certain of they were not built by the species alive during the time they were supposed to be built.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
If I may throw my 2-cents in on this one, take it or leave it, Lets just look at how many stars there are. Billions. All those stars could have earth like planets revolving around them. So, we could have billions of inhabited planets.

Ok, lets throw in the word Probability. The higher the number, the higher the chances are. There is a very high probability of Intelligent life else where. If one would sit a think of the numbers, It's just astounding.

Alright, Is it really out of the realm of possibility that Aliens came here and gave us knowledge way in the past??

Why do you think the knowledge is lost?

Easy, people in general will never admit to being inferior. Man just chose to keep the information hidden.
Now a days we call this Disinformation.

Just my thoughts.

Do I believe in Aliens? I believe they may exist.

If they do, tell them my phone quit working, and I want to go home!

edit on 30-12-2012 by thepolish1 because: typo

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I like the show and have all kind of questions about the site at Puma Punku but, I would think the moving of the stones would be one of the more easily answered questions considering what Edward Leedskalnin was able to accomplish alone at Corral Castle.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join