It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration and gun violence top president's post-fiscal cliff agenda

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Sad thing is they can do what they wish, their powers are that broad
But an argument I have been making to people for a few years now is this:
If they wanted to ban cars they could not, too many people have them and to ingrained in the culture...so they make tires and batteries Via OSHA or DHS etc so expensive that a tire would be a 1000 or a battery 1500 etc well they say we didnt take your cars.
Same thing with guns, they wont get this ban through congress(I hope) and perhaps Obama knows this already and is counting on it(chess game) so he is pushing things while no one is looking and before they see it....BOOM he has what he wants and says ok Keep your guns you cant shoot without ammo and has DHS go after the factories etc and exempt Gov contracts but all other ammo and most important components (primers and powder) gets brought to a standstill and ammo goes away or gets to 4-5 a round etc
It actually can happen
edit on 30-12-2012 by themutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by themutant

Travel is already restricted by the price of gas, reloaders are seeing the price for the brass and primers going up primarily through taxes.
They are militarizing the police forces and I heard recently Obama is building up forces in Africa. Haven't vetted that info yet though.
edit on 30-12-2012 by RedmoonMWC because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

agree about Kennesaw and i'd like to see Vermont's model applied elsewhere.
multiple "safest state" awards to match.

i really have to laugh at the whole proposal as a Bahamian friend explained it like this to me recently ... don't worry, guns aren't going anywhere so long as the US wants drugs and Mexico wants guns.
immigrants aside, i believe he has a valid point

ppl should be focusing on E. Holder ... the gun runner at the top

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

agree about Kennesaw and i'd like to see Vermont's model applied elsewhere.
multiple "safest state" awards to match.

i really have to laugh at the whole proposal as a Bahamian friend explained it like this to me recently ... don't worry, guns aren't going anywhere so long as the US wants drugs and Mexico wants guns.
immigrants aside, i believe he has a valid point

ppl should be focusing on E. Holder ... the gun runner at the top

Right! Love Vermont's Gun Laws.
The point I was trying to make is they are slowly taking all of our rights and implementing a Police State and putting armed police in the schools is a step in that direction.
I do not believe the Federal Government has any right to interfere in State or Local Governmental decisions.
School security is not even a State Government issue, but a local issue. But that's just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I completely agree with what you say here.

I think someone should be asking the question.

How much are all these mood altering drugs pushed by big pharma contributing to the problem.

How many kids get put on drugs because they refuse to conform to the insanity of our current institutionalized world.

What are the long term effects of taking these drugs?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Unfortunately corporations are eating most of the free lunch, everyone else gets table scraps. This can not continue.

While government has its problems, corporations are even worse.

Government's job is to protect the rights of the people, not the global corporate empire.

Not surrender to fascism.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

School security is not even a State Government issue, but a local issue. But that's just my opinion.
agreed.
eliminate gun-free zones and permit those who carry legally, to do so during class.
simple, efficient, no cost and absolutely doable.

i'm still wrything in the knowledge that our marines are being threatened with $10,000 fine, 5yrs jail and modification of their Honorable discharge ... all for wearing the 'wrong' uniform in public ... wth ??

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Obama's handler has already bought Remington Arms and four other major arms producers with the intention of closing their doors to the American public. George Soros, the Nazi scum needs to be hung for treason and a whole lot more. Thankfully Remington s are built to last over a hundred years if taken care of.

Follow the money and then take it away America. Obama is nothing without his Cash Cows!! That will be the first way to stop him in his tracks, if he cant pay off Congress anymore or do what George Soros is doing for him then he will be powerless to invoke his ridiculous laws on America.

If Obama does not ponny up and fix the Economy first he may not be around to do anything like he wishes. Most Americans did NOT vote for him and they just may oust him if he keeps playing these games.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
This may be the beginnings of the Second American Civil War. From what I can tell, the "Silent Majority" is starting to wake up to how many of our rights are being infringed upon. If there is a gun ban put into order, they'll need the military to carry it out. Being ex-military, I don't see very many of our men and women in uniform actually carrying those orders out, and if they're ordered to shoot American civilians, I believe there will be a Military Coup.

I don't think our borders should be closed (unless I'm misunderstanding what is meant by "Closed Borders") but, we do need to do something about illegal immigration. America is a nation of immigrants, but they need to be legal immigrants. If anything, maybe there should be a mass deportation of illegal immigrants, but I have no idea how that would be carried out, maybe it's a bad idea. Illegal immigration has basically become legal slavery. I do not blame those who have escaped the dangers of their country and come here. But, I do think that they should do it legally.

It's high time that we start to challenge the infringement of our basic rights as Americans.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
[ireply to post by RedmoonMWC

Very informed and we'll presented. The truth is like your country most others in the world today have very similar problems. The world stage has changed a great deal, but it's not progress, it's actually regression.

I'm not an American, but I am glad I don't live in your country at this time. The people who form your supreme court and those that play with your constitution are savages.

I feel for you, I like you come from a once great country and I think you are experiencing what we have been through.....your country is dying under its current regime. I would say the average native in my country has given up and has zero faith or trust in our alleged honourable leaders....what a joke. People vote with there feet, just 1 in 4 vote in my country. So they lead a minority. Although they still they have time to pat themselves on the back and vote themselves another pay rise. Ho hum....

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch
This may be the beginnings of the Second American Civil War. From what I can tell, the "Silent Majority" is starting to wake up to how many of our rights are being infringed upon. If there is a gun ban put into order, they'll need the military to carry it out. Being ex-military, I don't see very many of our men and women in uniform actually carrying those orders out, and if they're ordered to shoot American civilians, I believe there will be a Military Coup.

I don't think our borders should be closed (unless I'm misunderstanding what is meant by "Closed Borders") but, we do need to do something about illegal immigration. America is a nation of immigrants, but they need to be legal immigrants. If anything, maybe there should be a mass deportation of illegal immigrants, but I have no idea how that would be carried out, maybe it's a bad idea. Illegal immigration has basically become legal slavery. I do not blame those who have escaped the dangers of their country and come here. But, I do think that they should do it legally.

It's high time that we start to challenge the infringement of our basic rights as Americans.

I don't believe the borders should be closed (probably impossible to do anyway) but they do need to be much more secure then they currently are.

Closing the borders is problematical because no one would be able to get in, true, but no one would be able to get out either. Difficult to secure the borders anyway, have you actually looked at our borders?

The land borders could be secured, but if you look at the Great Lakes area you will see the major problem.

I would suggest patrols along the borders, primarily to stop the Cartels.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Rome fell because they expanded so fast and all those that they conquered and all that wanted to come to Rome because it was the center of culture, science etc did NOT acclimate to ROME! Hence the saying when in rome does as the Romans do
It didn't happen and Rome ended up becoming so divided and so many languages as those that came in did NOT want to become Roman but just take it feel. They also got greedy, the Gov got too big and too abusive etc
Hmm see any similarities .................

Our troops are not wanted nor needed in Germany, bring them back and put them on the border, stop playing world policeman and police and care for our homeland FIRST! Mexico scolds us for wanting to stop illegals but if you come into Mexico illegally they put you in jail IF YOU ARE LUCKY, if not they kill you This Gov has lost it's way and it's moral compass is so broke we could not find our way out of a closet

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I say the Americans protest in repealing the clause that allows Obama to rule via Executive Order.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart
1911 – Turkey disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1915 – 1917 they murdered 1.5 million Armenians.
1929 – Russia disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1929 – 1953 they murdered 20 million Russians.
1935 – China disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1948 – 1952 they murdered 20 million Chinese.
1938 – Germany disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1939 – 1945 they murdered 16 million Jews.
1956 – Cambodia disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1975 – 1977 they murdered 1 million Educated people.
1964 – Guatamala disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1964 – 1981 they murdered 100,000 Mayan Indians.
1970 – Uganda disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1971 – 1979 they murdered 300,000 Christians.
edit on 30-12-2012 by Merlin Lawndart because: (no reason given)

This bears repeating! For all that don't get why gun control is a bad thing; READ THE ABOVE. Learn. Those that don't learn from history fall victim when it repeats itself.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join